Recipe Puffed French Toast Crystal Palace Magic Kingdom
Serving Size 6
4 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 each eggs
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 slices bread
oil — for frying
1. Combine 3/4 cup sugar with cinnamon and set aside.
2. Mix egg, 2 1/2 tablespoons of sugar, salt, vanilla and milk until well blended.
3. Slowly add flour and baking powder and mix until smooth.
4. Cut bread diagonally into triangles.
5. Dip bread triangles in batter, allowing excess to drip off. Fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides. Drain on absorbent paper towel. While toast is still warm, roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture.