General Resort Information
- Accessible Room Photo
- Basic Info
- Bus Stops
- Concierge Service
- Extra Magic Hour
- Faxing Room Preferences
- Internet Access
- Magical Express
- Online Check-in
- On Site vs Off Site
- Orlando Stroller Rentals
- Overlooked Attractions -Deluxe Resorts I
- Overlooked Attractions - Deluxe Resorts II
- Overlooked Attractions -Value/Moderate
(Magic Your Way)
- Rapid Fill Mugs
- Rent Disney Vacation Club Points
- Reservations Policies
- Resort Fact Sheets
- Resort Phone Charges
- Resort Phone/Fax Numbers
- Resort Photo Gallery
- Resort Reader Reviews
- Resort Restaurant
- Resort Videos
- Searchable TIPS database
- Telephone Tips
- Television Channels
- Vacation Homes
- Valet Parking
Value ResortsAll Star Movies
Moderate ResortsCaribbean Beach
Deluxe ResortsAnimal Kingdom Lodge
Disney Vacation Club Resorts
- Disney Vacation Club
- Studio Villa Kitchen List
- 1+2 Bedroom Supply List
- Purchase a DVC Resale
- Rent Disney Vacation Club Points
Polynesian Villas and Bungalows
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Villas at Grand Floridian
Villas at Wilderness Lodge
FEATURED NON-DISNEY ACCOMMODATIONSAll Star Vacation Homes
Downtown Disney Resort Hotel!
OTHER LOCATIONSAulani - Disney's Resort and Spa
w/DVC Villas - Hawaii
Resort Airline Check-In
In December 2004, Disney announced a new service called Disney's Magical Express which offers free airport shuttle service, luggage delivery and airline check-in for Disney hotel guests. The service began May 2005 and will remain complimentary during the 50th Anniversary Celebration.
As of March 2009, the Orlando International Airport and Walt Disney World agreed to terms that will keep Disney's Magical Express shuttle service running into 2015.
Service is only valid for Orlando International Airport. Resort Airline Check-in Service (see below) is only available for resort guests flying with participating airlines.
* Disney's Magical Express must be booked at least 10 days prior to arrival through disneyworld.com, Disney Reservation Center by calling 407-W-DISNEY or a travel agent. Be sure to have your Arriving Flight Number and time into the Orlando International Airport as well as your Departing Flight Number and time out of the Orlando International Airport as well as the name of the airlines you are flying. We HIGHLY recommend booking this service a minimum of 6 weeks in advance!
NOTE: Guests must be 16 or older to travel unaccompanied on the Disneys Magical Express transportation service.
* Before you arrive, you will receive in the mail an Airport Transportation Booklet containing general information and special Disney's Magical Express luggage tags for your bags.
Disney's Magical Express will mail only one luggage tag per person, as travelers are now flying with less luggage due to various changes on the airlines. If you need additional luggage tags, you can request them by contacting Disney's Magical Express at 866-599-0951.
Also, Disney's Magical Express will only mail the Airport Transportation Booklet and luggage tags to guests located in the United States and Canada. Disney's Magical Express section at www.disney.go.com will be updated to include a general information guide for those who do not receive the booklet in the mail.. If you are located in countries other than the United States and Canada you can still use the full extent of the Disney's Magical Express service, including the resort luggage delivery. You will receive all the pertinent information, including transportation vouchers, upon check-in at the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center. These vouchers are used for transportation to the resort and then back to the airport. You can either collect your luggage at Baggage Claim and it will travel with you on the motorcoach or you may have Disney's Magical Express collect the luggage and deliver it to your room. The luggage delivery time may take up to four hours to be delivered to the resort room.
* Check your specially tagged luggage at your departure airport.
* Upon arrival in Orlando, bypass airport baggage claim and go directly to the Disney Airport Welcome Center (Level 1, "B" Side).
Disney's Magical Express does not offer luggage delivery service for arrivals to the Orlando International Airport after 10 p.m. Guests arriving at the airport after 10 p.m. will pick up their luggage at the baggage claim and take it with them to the Magical Express motor coach to their resort. This will allow late-arriving guests using Magical Express to have more immediate access to their luggage. Luggage delivery service will still be provided for Magical Express and Disney Cruise Line guests traveling to Walt Disney World for a resort stay who arrive on flights beginning at 5 a.m. until 10 p.m.
* Car seats are not permitted on the motor coaches and must be stowed underneath the motor coach.
* You will board state-of-the-art motor coaches that will take you to your Disney hotel. A video is shown during the ride. Your motor coach may make up to FOUR different stops at various Disney resorts.
* A team of Disney representatives at the airport will pick up your luggage and transport it to your Disney hotel room.
* International Visitors - If the Orlando International Airport is your first point of entry into the United States, you will follow the U.S. Customs & Border Protection process and claim your luggage upon disembarking the airplane. Once you have completed this process you will proceed to the main Terminal building where you will be met by a Disney Representative. Your luggage will be transferred to the Baggage Claim area, where Disney will collect it if tagged with Disney's Magical Express luggage tags. If you have already completed the US Customs & Border Protection process in another US city or before entering the US, you will proceed directly to the main Terminal building; and Disney will claim your luggage.
How Disney's Magical Express DEPARTURE service works (from your Disney hotel):
* You will be notified of your motor coach pick-up time and location the day prior to checkout.
* Motor coach pickup time is approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes prior to your flight departure.
* The motor coach has 4 drop-off locations in all four quadrants of the airport (Gates 1-29, 30-59, 60-99, and 100-129).
* The service also assists you when it's time to depart. If you are flying one of the participating airlines, you can avoid airport check-in lines by checking your luggage and receiving your boarding pass before you leave your Disney hotel as described in the Resort Airline Check-In Service section below.
Travelers in wheelchairs can be accommodated. You must ask for wheelchair transport when you make your Magical Express reservation.
Service animals are allowed on the motor coach to and from the airport as long as they are accompanied by the owner.
You don't have to book Magical Express Round Trip; you can book one way, either to or from your Disney hotel.
You can not book luggage transfer only. You must be on the motor coach to have your luggage transported.
Your luggage will not be transferred separately to the airport as it is on the inbound service from the airport to the resort. However, you may request Bell Services or Luggage Assistance to help with your luggage.
If you do not have your flight information and wish to make a Magical Express reservation, you may do so. Don't forget to let them know your flight information once it is confirmed!
If your flight information changes, call Disney to make sure they have the correct info. Or you may do it online at www.disneyworld.com/mydisneyvacation
If you miss your flight or it is significantly delayed TO Orlando, call Disney's Magical Express Guest Services. Disney Representatives will retrieve your luggage and confirm your arrival before transferring it to your resort.
You may be able to use the service upon arrival at the Orlando International Airport if it's possible to accommodate you. If you decide to do this be sure and PICK UP your luggage from baggage claim yourself!
Resort Guests should contact Disney's Magical Express Guest Services at (866) 599-0951.
Resort Airline Check-In Service at your Disney resort is available if you are flying domestically (including Puerto Rico) on the following airlines:
-- AirTran Airways
-- Alaska Airlines
-- American Airlines
-- Delta Air Lines
-- JetBlue Airways
-- Southwest Airlines
-- United Air Lines
-- US Airways
This service allows you to check your luggage and receive your airline boarding passes right at your resort on the day of your departure.
FEBRUARY 2014: Resort airline check-in service is now being extended to some international visitors. Those with departing flights booked on one of the eight participating airlines listed above can take advantage of this service. The service is currently available to guests staying at these Walt Disney World Resort hotels:
- Art of Animation Resort
- BoardWalk Resort
- Contemporary Resort (including Bay Lake Tower)
- Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
- Grand Floridian Resort
- Old Key West Resort
- Polynesian Resort
- Saratoga Springs Resort
- Wilderness Lodge
- Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
The remaining Walt Disney World hotels will add Resort Airline Check-In on this schedule:
- February 10 – Pop Century Resort
- February 17 – Animal Kingdom Lodge & Kidani Village and Coronado Springs Resort
- February 24 – Port Orleans Resort
- March 3 – All Star Movies Resort
- March 10 – All Star Music Resort and All Star Sports Resort
- March 17 – Caribbean Beach Resort
-- Guests who fly AirTran, Continental, Delta, JetBlue, and US Airways may check one bag per passenger using the Resort Airline Check-in Service. Guests with multiple bags on these airlines will have the option to check additional pieces through their airlines' ticket counters at Orlando International Airport or they may call Baggage Airline Guest Services at 407-284-1231 to pay their airline's excess luggage fees in advance of checking in at the Resort Airline Check-In desk. The excess luggage fees vary by airline.
-- Guests flying on American who wish to check bags must call Baggage Airline Guest Services at 407-284-1231 to pay their airline bag fees in advance of checking in at the Resort Airline Check-In desk. Otherwise, Guests must check-in at the airport.
-- Guests flying on United Airlines are subject to checked bag fees based on when they purchased their tickets and when they are flying. Verify the actual fees with United before traveling.
NOTE: Each airline has a long list of exceptions to these checked bag policies. Exceptions may include those who bought before the new rues, elite frequent fliers (and those traveling with them on the same reservation), first class passengers, full-fare economy passengers, and government and military fare passengers. Consult with your airline on its exact policies before traveling. The Resort Airline Check-in Desk may be also be able to provide you with airline-specific fee information.
Baggage Airline Guest Services (the fee collection service, not the Resort Airline Check-in Desks) operates seven days a week between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. If paying for excess luggage fees through Baggage Airline Guest Services you must pay with a credit card: MasterCard, Visa, and American Express are accepted. Resort Airline Check-In desks are unable to collect luggage fees on behalf of the airlines.
For ALL airlines, luggage must be 50 pounds or less in order to use the service and it must comply with their airline's size dimension baggage policy. Overweight and oversized luggage cannot be accepted at the Resort Airline Check-In desks.
* This service is separate from Magical Express. You do not have to participate in Magical Express to utilize the Resort Airline Check-in Service.
* Each Disney resort has a dedicated Check-In Desk located in or near the Lobby or near the outside entrance to the resort. If you can't locate the Resort Airline Check-in Desk, ask at the Front Desk. Some examples:
The Polynesian's check-in desk is outside just pass the valet stand on the right as you exit the hotel.
* The desks are open every day from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. You can check in no more than 12 hours and no less than 3 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure time.
* To check in, your entire party must be present with your government issued photo I.D. (e.g., driver's license, passport for international travel, Military ID) and your Key to the World card to verify that you are a guest of a Disney hotel
* The Resort Airline Check-In desks can provide some of the same services and information as the airline ticket counters at the airport, including checking seat assignments, and verifying flight information and status. The Resort Airline Check-In Desks cannot make any changes to flight arrangements or make new flight reservations.
* This service is not provided by Disney. A third-party company approved by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) operates the Resort Airline Check-In on behalf of the participating airlines.
* Some persons have reported a wait of over 30 minutes at the Resort Airline check-in desk during peak times. If you are within 3 hours of your departure time, you should bypass this service and get your boarding passes at the airport.
* This service is also not offered for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, Shades of Green, or Downtown Disney Area resorts.
* It is not valid for Disney's Vero Beach Resort and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort.
Who is really providing this service? In addition to partners at Orlando International Airport, Walt Disney World developed this innovative service in conjunction with private and public sector leaders including: the Mears Transportation Group, the largest provider of ground transportation to the Walt Disney World Resort; BAGS Inc., the provider and innovator in off-airport passenger check-in services for the hotel, convention, cruise and airline industries; ARINC Incorporated, a leading global provider of technology systems for airports and airlines; the Transportation Security Administration; and airline partners including: American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Jet Blue, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines and Southwest.