General Resort Information
- Accessible Room Photo
- Basic Info
- Bus Stops
- Concierge Service
- Extra Magic Hour
- Faxing Room Preferences
- Internet Access
- Magical Express
- Online Check-in
- On Site vs Off Site
- Orlando Stroller Rentals
- Overlooked Attractions -Deluxe Resorts I
- Overlooked Attractions - Deluxe Resorts II
- Overlooked Attractions -Value/Moderate
(Magic Your Way)
- Refillable Mugs
- Rent Disney Vacation Club Points
- Reservations Policies
- Resort Fact Sheets
- Resort Phone Charges
- Resort Phone/Fax Numbers
- Resort Photo Gallery
- Resort Reader Reviews
- Resort Restaurant
- Resort Videos
- Searchable TIPS database
- Telephone Tips
- Television Channels
- Vacation Homes
- Valet Parking
Value ResortsAll Star Movies
Moderate ResortsCaribbean Beach
Deluxe ResortsAnimal Kingdom Lodge
Disney Vacation Club Resorts
- Disney Vacation Club
- Studio Villa Kitchen List
- 1+2 Bedroom Supply List
- Purchase a DVC Resale
- Rent Disney Vacation Club Points
Villas at Grand Floridian
Villas at Wilderness Lodge
FEATURED NON-DISNEY ACCOMMODATIONSAll Star Vacation Homes
Downtown Disney Resort Hotel!
OTHER LOCATIONSAulani - Disney's Resort and Spa
w/DVC Villas - Hawaii
At Disney or OffSite
One important decision you will make as you plan your trip to Walt Disney World, is whether to stay on-site at a Disney resort or off-site at one of the many hotels in the surrounding area. The purpose of this page is to offer some suggestions as to what criteria might be considered when making such a decision and to summarize the main advantages and disadvantages of each choice.
Things to Consider When Making Your Choice
When attempting to make the choice of staying on-site or off-site, it is helpful to know the answers to the following questions:
- What is my budget?
- How far in advance am I planning?
- How many people are in my party and
what are their ages?
- Do we want to all stay together in one
room or suite or villa?
- What hotel amenities are important to
- Will I have my car/rental car?
- Will I be spending most of my time visiting
Disney attractions, or will I be visiting non-Disney attractions too?
Some Advantages and Disadvantages
of Each Choice
- Generally better/larger accommodations
for the same or a lower price.
- More likely to find rooms in desired
price range at the last minute.
- Better access to restaurants, shopping
and other non-Disney attractions.
- NOT immersed in Disney Magic 24 hours
- Some hotels offer scheduled shuttle
service to the parks.
- Some hotels offer free breakfasts.
- Many off-site hotels offer discounts
to non-Disney attractions and restaurants.
- Getting to and from the parks may be
more difficult. This is more important if one plans to take afternoon
breaks from the parks.
- On peak holidays parking lot(s) at WDW
might be closed.
- Quality of the rooms varies; as does
- Off-site guests must pay for parking
at Disney theme parks if they drive unless they have an Annual Passport.
- Shuttle service is limited at many hotels,
some hotels share shuttles making the service very slow and/or crowded,
and some hotels charge for using their shuttle service.
- Hotel staff may be less familiar with Disney property.
- Getting to and from the parks is generally
easier. This is more important if one plans to take afternoon breaks.
- Immersed in Disney Magic 24 hours a
- Disney resorts offer wonderful theming.
- Disney staff provides excellent service.
- Properties are always clean and well-maintained.
- Priority on tee times on Disney golf
- Room-charge privileges throughout WDW.
- Ability to purchase Magic
Your Way tickets.
- Merchandise delivery to your Disney
- Access to WDW's closed circuit TV information
- Unlimited use of WDW transportation system.
- Magical Express transportation to/from airport to WDW Resort at no charge
- Able to purchase Disney Dining Plan.
- Rooms are more expensive.
- Availability of budget-priced rooms
is limited, especially at the last minute.
- Dining is generally more expensive.
- Getting to and from area's non-Disney
attractions may be more difficult.
- Going from resort to resort relying on Disney Transportation can be long and/or a hassle.