It’s not every day a worldwide icon turns 90! That’s why Disney is celebrating Mickey Mouse’s upcoming birthday with a bang! So far, an official portrait has been released, a television special has been announced, and a special pop-up exhibition will open in NYC with preview installations across the country.
Now, we’ve learned how the Disney Parks around the world will celebrate.
The World’s Biggest Mouse Party will feature events at all the Disney parks and resorts — pack your bags now and plan your trip for these limited time celebrations.
Walt Disney World Resort
- Celebrate Mickey’s birthday from November 16-18 with special merchandise and food & beverage items
- Celebrate at Magic Kingdom Park during the Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party
- Sing “Happy Birthday” along with the Dapper Dans on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Join in a special birthday dance party at Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland.
- Get ready to party in 2019 when Walt Disney World will continue celebrating with the World’s Biggest Mouse Party
- Join in the celebration cavalcade for Mickey Mouse on November 18, featuring some of his special friends and the Disneyland Band, starting at “it’s a small world” and pausing for a special moment at Sleeping Beauty Castle before continuing down Main Street, U.S.A., to Town Square
- Get ready to party when the World’s Biggest Mouse Party begins at Disneyland Resort in 2019
Disney Cruise Line
- Celebrate at the World’s Biggest Mouse Party, which takes to the seas in 2019
Shanghai Disney Resort
- Kick off the World’s Biggest Mouse Party with a brand-new Mickey-themed float at the opening ceremony of the Shanghai Tourism Festival on September 15 to commemorate the Shanghai launch of the World’s Biggest Mouse Party
- See a giant birthday card next to the “Storytellers” statue, featuring birthday wishes from Mickey’s pals
- Enjoy themed food and merchandise offerings from November 16-18, as well as the opportunity to sing “Happy Birthday” to Mickey just before the nighttime spectacular show each evening, all culminating with a special nighttime birthday spectacular at Enchanted Storybook Castle on November 18
Hong Kong Disneyland
- Join the World’s Biggest Mouse Party on Mickey’s birthday, November 18, with commemorative park tickets, special food & beverage and merchandise, a hotel room overlay, and “We Love Mickey” projection show through the end of the year
- Enjoy special birthday stickers, available only on November 18
Tokyo Disney Resort
- Join the celebration this fall with special decorations and merchandise.
- Celebrate the World’s Biggest Mouse Party this fall and into winter with new holiday season entertainment and special surprises
New Merchandise and Treats for Foodies!
For all of the shoppers and collectors out there, there will be special merchandise for the occasion as well.
New collections are launching this week at Forever 21 and Vault by Vans. In addition, Sugarfina and Ample Hills Creamery are offering “special new delights”. No further details on the delights as of now. Joffrey’s Coffee and Tea Company is also selling a special 90th anniversary blend coffee.
Disney Stores and shopDisney.com are offering Capsule collections, Disney Publishing Worldwide has issued commemorative titles, Just Play released a line of plush and toys, and Lego has created a new Mickey Mouse Brickheadz figure.
You can still enjoy items from Target’s Mickey Mouse collection, which includes clothes for the whole family, pet treats, toys, summer entertainment pieces, bedding, beach gear, beauty essentials and more. Marc Jacobs has also released a series of pieces inspired by Mickey.
Lastly, Walt Disney Animation Studios is celebrating Mickey’s legacy with the release of Celebrating Mickey, featuring 13 classic short films on Digital and Blu-ray this fall.
How will you be celebrating Mickey’s 90th? Let us know in the comments below! We love hearing from you!