Reviews of Skipper Canteen

View Menus at Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen Dining Location

Read more about Skipper Canteen including links to the menus and reviews here:

Themed around the famous Jungle Cruise attraction, this new Adventureland eatery features a wide variety of Asian and American dishes.

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 01/31/2019

We would not eat here again. Sadly, we really wanted this restaurant to meet our Disney expectations. The food is sub par at best and was far too salty for my taste.

Pros:

Clever design to incorporate the Jungle Cruise ride.

Cons:

Terrible food, inattentive server

Reviewer: JBinKS Review Date: 01/18/2019

SO and I ate dinner in the delightful S.E.A. room. Loved the decor, plus like dining in smaller rooms. I had the Sustainable Fish and she the “Baa Baa Berber Lamb Chops”. Both had unusual and delicious flavors, particularly in the sauces. We are adventurous and love to try new things, and this was one of our top WDW dining experiences. Service was excellent, too.

Pros:

Adventurous menu, Kungaloosh! one of best chocolate dishes ever.

Cons:

Shu Mai dumpling appetizer not as great as rest of meal.

Reviewer: jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

This was our second visit here on 10/31/18 with a party of 10. Service was excellent and food was awesome. It is great for more adventurous eaters but they were happy to customize stuff for us as well. The kungaloosh dessert was fantastic. I recommend the Hardee Har Har pork - it was wonderful! The monkey bites kids dessert (frozen chocolate banana chunks) was great too. We will return.

Pros:

Food choices, good service, cool ambiance

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

More non-fried items on the menu
They did let me order from the kids menu

Pros:

beautiful decorations

Cons:

needs come conservative offerings

Reviewer: smsdls Review Date: 09/30/2018

If you love the Jungle Cruise ride then you’ll enjoy this restaurant. The jokes at Skipper Canteen are similar to that of the Jungle Cruise. I’ve always been able to get in here and feel it’s one of those great overlooked locations. The food is great and service has been outstanding at the many times I’ve visited.

Pros:

Great food, unique selection.

Cons:

I don’t have any Cons

Reviewer: Lori Review Date: 09/29/2018

Great meal! Great service-our server was great with our kids and funny. We will definitely eat here again.

Pros:

great food and service

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Cool theme. The times I've been here the wait staff was very iterative and goofy like the captains of the Jungle Cruise ride. Food has an Asian theme and is good, not the best but good. Has a lot of cool Jungle Cruise stuff to look at.

Pros:

Can get a last minute reservation. Wait staff are in character and interactive. Can see cool Jungle Cruise theme items.

Cons:

none really to give, always had a good experience here

Reviewer: elainep Review Date: 09/15/2018

I started an afternoon visit to the Magic Kingdom on July 5th with a 1:00 lunch at Skipper Canteen. Frankly, I was amazed that I was able to snag an ADR only a day or two beforehand, but I’d heard that most people don’t realize the restaurant is there—here’s hoping they don’t find out anytime soon. After checking in, I waited briefly in the indoor, air conditioned waiting area that I didn’t realize they had—on previous visits, I waited outside, which in January is great; in July, not so much. I was seated at a table for 2 right along the window—perfect for people watching. My server was Dani, who was terrific, very friendly. Lunch was terrific as well—they had the Montes Alpha chardonnay I was looking for a couple of days earlier at Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom, which was a pleasant surprise. I selected the sustainable fish ("not piranha") as my entrée, which I think was grouper, but I honestly can’t recall. It might have been mahi, but either way, it was delicious. Dani brought me an extra cup of the sauce it came with because she said “people seem to like it.” And I did—just a terrific meal. I really like this place—it has a sort of Yak & Yeti feel to it and I love the corny Jungle Cruise-inspired jokes. And truthfully, it’s nice to have the option for a great meal right in the park. In the past, hopping the monorail to enjoy lunch or dinner at one of the resorts was the way to go, but with the increased security, doing that has become somewhat of a hassle. Skipper Canteen is now my go-to spot, especially since it’s next to impossible to get into Be Our Guest.

Pros:

Great theming, great meal

Cons:

Pickier eaters may find the menu intimidating

Reviewer: jlspence Review Date: 07/29/2018

We ate for the very first time on June 29, 2018. We are long time Disney guests and Annual Passholders so there's not many restaurants we haven't visited but we'd just not made it here since it opened. We were seated within 5 minutes of our arrival time. We loved the theming of the restaurant!
Food-wise, we shared the SEA Su Mai (excellent) appetizer. Wife, tempted by a spicy dish, had the Perkins Thai Noodles and I chose the "Hardy Har Char" Siu Pork. Both were very good. We will definitely be back. This will be our go-to sit down restaurant in the MK.

Pros:

Theming, Service, Food Taste

Reviewer: PolynesianStitch Review Date: 06/26/2018

Chicken was dry but steak was good. quite busy and there was more of a wait than expected. Great ambiance

Pros:

interesting decor, great theme

Cons:

service a little slow