Recipe Shrimp and Asparagus Penne Alfredo 1900 Park Fare Cinderella’s Gala Feast Grand Floridian
Serving Size : 8
1/2 pound asparagus spear — cut in 2" pieces
2 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 quart heavy cream
1 pound shrimp
1/4 pound parmesan cheese — grated
1 pinch nutmeg — to taste
1 pinch white pepper — ground, to taste
1 pinch salt — to taste
1 pound penne pasta — cooked and drained
1. Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and chill in cold water.
2. In a large saute pan, saute the garlic in the olive oil until aroma develops.
3. Add the heavy cream and reduce to about 2 1/2 cups.
4. Add the shrimp and allow them to cook through (about 3 minutes).
5. Add the blanched asparagus to the pan and allow to heat through.
6. Add the Parmesan cheese and a pinch of nutmeg and pepper to the pan. Stir to melt the cheese.
7. Toss the pasta with the sauce.
8. Season to taste with nutmeg, pepper and nutmeg.
9. Serve hot with additional grated Parmesan cheese on the side.