Recipes Lentil Salad Biergarten Germany – Epcot
1 pound lentils
1 cup small diced carrots
1 cup small diced celery
1 cup small diced onion
1 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
½ tablespoon fresh minced garlic
1 tablespoon ham base
to taste salt
to taste black pepper
Method of Preparation:
- Place lentils in a saucepan with water to cover the lentils.
- Add the ham base.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until the lentils are soft but firm to taste.
- Drain the liquid from the cooked lentils and chill.
- Meanwhile mix together the red wine vinegar, vegetable oil, basil, and garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Then add the carrots, celery, and onions to the cooked lentils. Incorporate the dressing to the lentil mixture, and adjust seasoning.