Reviews of Be Our Guest -Counter Service Lunch

New Fantasyland Expansion

Read prices, menu items, and more about Be Our Guest

Services: Table Service , Quick Service , Kiosk

Reviewed by monorailmom Review Date: 03/04/2017

The one thing I would say about lunch here is to PRE ORDER! Every time we are here, I look at the incredible line of people waiting to order and wonder why they are putting themselves through that! We were checked in, through the pre-order line, had drinks, and were at our table in under 15 mins. The food was wonderful as always, and the setting is just amazing, particularly if you love Beauty and the Beast.

Pros:

Setting, food quality better than other quick serve's

Reviewed by oravets4 Review Date: 02/10/2013

This was our favorite QS meal of the trip. Got there at 2:15 and got in with a very little wait. This place is absolutely beautiful! We ordered the Croque Monsier and the steak sandwich. Both were very good, but I prefered my Croque Monsier. The strawberry cream cheese cupcake was awesome!! I ordered the chocolate cupcake, but after trying my husbands strawberry cupcake, I took his! I love that they give you a rose, you get the drinks yourself and then they find your table to bring the food to you. Can not wait for our next trip so we can eat here again!

Pros:

Food, concept, beautiful rooms to pick from

Reviewed by Jen617 Review Date: 12/18/2016

This is the first time we have had lunch at Be Our Guest (Dec 5, 2016); we previously had dinner there about a year ago and sadly both were awful. We have no idea why people continue to rave about the place. I wish we could see what they see, but we just don't. We won't be back.

Lunch is a complete nightmare when it comes to ordering. You wait in a very, very long line that eventually will split into two inside. One line the guests order on their own, the other line someone takes their order. This is no rhyme or reason to this that we can think of. Either which way, it seems completely inefficient and we have no idea what determines which line you get.

Once we grabbed our drinks, silverware, etc, we went and found a seat. The first server that walked by told us to put our receipt at the edge of the table. The next one that walked by, moved it to where they wanted it. Yet another one walked by and asked where the receipt was so they could get our food. Someone completely different walked by and said they were going to go get it and checked the receipt. I kid you not, we had EIGHT different people walk by, check the receipt, and then NOT bring us our food. It would have been comical, had it actually been funny but really it was just annoying. No server seemed to have a grasp how to find our order. It is just a wildly inefficient process. They need something on the tables to identify who we are (such as a number like most places use or because the place is so big, some sort of device that will actually transmit a signal to a main hub where it can be viewed).

We finally got our food like 20 mins later, and it was just ok. At least it wasn't FROZEN like the dinner I had the year previous. I had the layered ratatouille then and I am not kidding when I say it was icy in the middle. When I asked our server to send it back because it was cold, he said "oh, well nothing here is prepared fresh, it's all frozen like a tv dinner so they must not have heated it all the way. i will tell them to make sure it's done". And that's what we are paying good money for? I don't expect it to be a California Grill or even an 'Ohana, but come on, frozen is unacceptable.

Please, please save your $. I know it's convenient to eat in the park, but really, hop on the monorail, and take yourself to 'Ohana instead. We did breakfast there for the first time and loved it as much as dinner (I'm vegetarian and asked for some egg whites and veggies which they were happy to do and it was excellent). They went through a phase for awhile when the food was very blah, but I'm happy to report it's excellent again and i could eat there every night!! Just don't make me eat at Be Our Guest again. Even our first-time to WDW friends said it was awful, and I felt bad because I was hoping it would be different and they would love it. Not so much :(

Pros:

Cons:

Too many to fit in this box

Reviewed by Brygida Review Date: 06/20/2013

Ordering was an issue. The cashier did not understand the product. Misinformed us that the meatloaf did not have tomato sauce when in fact it did have a layer baked in. Misinformed that roastbeef was well done when it was med rare. Everything is premade and practically nothing can be substituted. If you dont like cheese on your sandwich or would rather get the mashed potatoes side, you're out of luck! And the ingredients used are not fresh. The baguette was old and stale - enough to make a French man cry! Compare it to the baguette at chefs de France for instance which is hot and crusty. My son refused to eat his dish and I only ate my soup. When a manager walked by and inquired about the food we told her and she refunded our entire meal. Oh yeah, turned out the cashier charged us for a meal we didn't order too. My advice - go to Chefs de France.

Pros:

Potato leek soup

Cons:

Every thing else

Reviewed by Smoosher Review Date: 01/25/2019

We are Florida resident pass holders for quite a few years and have been trying to get reservations for Be Our Guest. I went on line every day for a few months. Finally the lunch reservations were made in May 2018 for Jan 20th, 2019. From most of the reviews we read, people praise this restaurant. I do not see why. They herd you in like cattle.The very loud main dining area has nice chandeliers but that is all. One side room has many great pictures from the movie and the other side room has statues of Belle & the Beast. The food is no better than any other over priced fast food in the complex. The French onion soup was luke warm with a solid block of cheese on top. We had to cut it with a knife to get to the broth. I love cheese and left more then half on a plate. It was too hard to chew. The sandwiches were OK at Best. Personally our party of five would not go back if dinner was free. We have eaten at the top and bottom end restaurants in the whole complex. This rates below almost all. I can only imagine what a $60.00 per person dinner would be like. Don't waste your money here.

Pros:

A few great pictures and statues.

Cons:

The food.

Reviewed by Smitty Review Date: 09/25/2016

I tried for 2 years to get reservations for lunch and finally did for this trip.
Went to check in and met a snippy cast member who sent me away stating that I had 2 more minutes to wait, despite showing her the time on my phone as it was 11:45 - my reservation time. I love being sent back in line to melt in 90 degree weather.
Finally, we got into the restaurant and ordered. Nothing was explained about getting beverages, etc. the cast member told us to find a table.
Thirty minutes later we were still waiting for 2 roast beef sandwiches all the while noticing people that were behind us in line already eating. I found a cast member and she came and looked at my slip, walked away - then another cast member came and looked at the slip ??? Ten more minutes passed and then the food came. Absolutely NOT worth the wait or the cost. I tried to find ketchup and was told that it was in the fridge under a cabinet ?? Not sure why it isn't out on the counter.
We spent $50 for two roast beef sandwiches and two cokes that took 40 minutes to get. No thanks.

Pros:

Restaurant setting

Cons:

Overpriced food

Reviewed by Becky B Review Date: 07/24/2019

Lunch at Be Our Guest. You try very hard to get reservations for Be Our Guest. You get them and celebrate. Then when the time comes, you wait in a very long line outside to get in to the place, order your food from a machine, then wander around a crazy, loud, busy dining room to find an empty (not clean) table. We went with extended family, about 10 of us total, and it was a nightmare for all of us to find a place to sit. By the time our food came, I thought some of our party was going to lose their tempers (very out of character!). Food was very "ok" is the best I could say. Cold, severely over-cooked. If something doesn't come out right, good luck. There is no one you can find to help you. Not what you would expect from an experience requiring a reservation. We will likely never go back. I just don't know why anyone who goes once would find it something they would want to do again.

Pros:

Atmosphere is nice, snowing windows, stormy west wing

Cons:

Food is very overpriced and very poorly executed. Almost no level of service - self-service everything except delivery of food, no assistance available if food/things go wrong

Reviewed by rrhiannon99 Review Date: 09/10/2014

I just came back from a Disney World trip and I was VERY disappointed in Be Our Guest for lunch. Food wasn't great, even for quick service. There were TONS of wasted server time bringing out lunches ONE TABLE AT A TIME in their carts - meanwhile tons of people were waiting outside with plenty of empty tables inside. The lack of efficiency was such a huge blow. We had our receipt checked multiple times at our table with a good number of cast members standing around in each dining room having to double and triple check receipts - we never figured out why, these cast members never introduced themselves or said why, they just rudely came over and picked up our receipt and checked and left without explanation. Obviously there are kinks to be worked out, I just hope that Disney actually gets them worked out instead of everyone being so starry-eyed over the restaurant in general. I won't be back for lunch, and am only partially convinced I should even try for dinner service. Anyway, totally disenchanted with the experience...and the grey stuff cupcake was a bomb. Went over to Animal Kingdom the next day and picked up their zebra cupcake from quick service and it was twice the size and actually had flavor.

Pros:

The venue is beautiful

Cons:

VERY disorganized service

Reviewed by disneyjill Review Date: 04/19/2014

We visited BOG on April 4 for lunch and I left completely unimpressed. I was able to secure a fp+ so we didn't have to wait in line but once we got in the castle, we encountered some of the rudest cast members I have ever come across. We were trying to figure out what to do, look at the cool theme, etc...and they were pushing us through and acted like we should know what to do, where to go, etc...First time here, folks! I ordered the croque monsieur and all three of my kids got the kids grilled cheese served with tomato soup and green beans. They asked to substitute fries, and the CM taking our order said that wasn't a problem. We ordered 2 cupcakes to share. We went to find a table and attempted to sit at a round table for 6. A CM who was cleaning tables told us that wasn't an appropriate table for our party size and pointed at a different table that we should sit at. There were PLENTY of open tables. So we sat at the table for 4 and waited almost 25 minutes for our food. It came and the green beans had been substituted for fries, but a very small portion. Luckily my sandwich had plenty of fries so I shared. My sandwich was nothing special, the ham was actually pretty gross quality. Nothing was hot. The best part of our meal was the cupcakes, which were about 1/2 the size of any other cupcake on property but definitely not half the price. $51 for 4 lukewarm grilled cheese sandwiches and poor treatment isn't something I will ever do again.

Pros:

great theme

Cons:

food, service

Reviewed by ML46356 Review Date: 03/12/2014

We were luckily enough to snag a fastpass for our meal last Friday, March 7, at 1:35 pm. We were very much looking forwarded to this meal. We had preordered our meal of two vegetable quiches with baby lettuce salads along with the strawberry cream cheese cupcake and lemon meringue cupcake. Once we checked into the restaurant we decided to change one of the orders to the croque monsieur with pommas frites (ff). It was a little confusing but we got the job done. The line that afternoon at 1:30 was 2 hours! Yikes!!!!! We were happy to have a fp+. Upon ordering we got ourselves seated in the main dining room. We were beyond confused on how they were ever going to find us with our food. We heard someone say "It's Magic"! Haha. I bet we waited at least 20 minutes after we sat down for our food and maybe longer. Finally it came out and we were so excited to finally get to experience this meal. All I can say is what a let down. I had the quiche and it was the hottest of anything and it wasn't even that hot. The salad had very little dressing. My friend's sandwich was luke warm at best and her french fries were COLD. Of course, since it's sit down no one came around to even ask if we were satisfied. The cupcakes were delicious although small compared to all the other cupcakes on Disney property. We were very disappointed in our meal. I doubt we will waist our time eating here again. It definitely didn't live up to the hype I have been reading. Of course, this is only my opinion. :-)

Pros:

We got in with fastpass+.