Reviews of Be Our Guest -Counter Service Lunch

Be Our Guest - Lunch
Lunch in counter service
New Fantasyland Expansion

Reviewer: JBinKS Review Date: 01/18/2019

While we really enjoyed dinner here previously, lunch was disappointing. To start, both mobile ordering and the kiosks were down, so you had to order with the cashier. Enjoyed the "Music Box" room's decor, though not as much as the Rose Room. (Didn't want the Ballroom because we prefer smaller dining venues.) My Croque Monsieur was bland, and frankly I think I could do as well making a grilled cheese sandwich at home and adding a slice of deli ham. SO liked her Quinoa Salad, and I took a taste and agreed it was better. Barely recommended, and more for the experience than the food. Will probably give it one more try with a different dish for me.

Pros:

Restaurant decor

Cons:

Ordering system down; Croque Monsieur bland

Reviewer: MaryMcc Review Date: 01/09/2019

I gave this a nine because the beast only shows up for dinner (which we also did)! Lunch is better. I'm diabetic and have a gastric disorder and the chef gave me lightly seasoned grilled vegetables and beef. It was great. My brother enjoyed his French dip and fries. He had me try the ajou and I was shocked by how good it was. It was actual beef drippings which in my experience is unheard of. The decor is so beautiful. If only lunch included the beast. While we were there a diner had a complaint about the saltiness of the French onion soup. Instead of saying French onion is salty, two servers did everything they could do to make her happy. I liked how friendly they were to her during the high volume lunch time.

Pros:

Good food, good service and beautiful scenery.

Reviewer: ruthann Review Date: 12/21/2018

We always try to get a lunch reservation at BOG each trip. The braised pork was tender and delicious, mashed potatoes were yummy, and the green beans were perfect. No complaints here.

Pros:

good food, selection reasonable prices and quick service

Reviewer: Dreamer Review Date: 12/13/2018

We have eaten lunch at BOG on multiple occasions and typically enjoy it. Our last visit was disappointing. Even though we pre-ordered they couldn't find it. After sitting down we waited for 25 minutes without food and I finally had to ask about it. The food tasted good, but I was annoyed about the poor service.

Pros:

The chance to eat inside the Beast's castle. The food.

Cons:

Poor service and cast members who didn't seem to care.

Reviewer: MKFan Review Date: 11/11/2018

We ate lunch here 10/24. Neither of us care for the whole grain bun/bread that the ham and cheese sandwich comes on, so they put in on bread that seemed like Texas toast. I thought it was was greasy and didn't care for the flavor of the butter/margarine they used. It just passed, but it was disappointing because we were here a few times over the years and that sandwich was always good. THEN beverages a Coke and a Sprite were so horrible tasting. I don't know what they did. It wasn't CO2, I was beginning to wonder if it was what the cleaned the nozzles with. We were in the music room, so I left and went to the main ballroom and it still didn't taste right, but not as horrible as in the music room. So, almost $5 for a beverage that we couldn't even drink. I tried different dispensers about 4 times. Of course they couldn't give us our money back, so they gave us a bottle of water to go.

It's nice to come here for a different dinning experience and to see the castle, but I come for lunch because there's nothing on the dinner menu I would eat and this time they couldn't even make a sandwich or provide a beverage.

Another thing, they had 3 forks left when I went up to get the silverwear and they never restocked the whole time we were there.

Pros:

To see the inside of the castle.

Cons:

Ham and cheese sandwich wasn't so great. Not able to get a beverage we paid for. Seating is chaotic. If there is a problem with your food, too bad.

Reviewer: jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

Yuck. If you don't preorder it is a huge hassle to order at the kiosks inside. The wait was LONG and my older parents had a hard time figuring it all out. Food arrived cold, no seats in the West Wing which was the main reason we went. Just a weird set up with getting all your own stuff but the food is delivered. French onion soup was tasty and the Master's cupcake was good but other than that, we don't plan to return. We received "no strings attached" Fastpasses for the ice cold food.

Pros:

French onion soup, gray stuff, ambiance

Cons:

Cold food, weird ordering process, long line

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 10/13/2018

Soups are no longer part of the dining plan.

Pros:

N/a

Cons:

N/a

Reviewer: Cara Review Date: 10/01/2018

It’s a great way to get to see the beautiful inside of the castle but without the experience of dinner.

Pros:

The atmosphere is amazing. The food is better than average especially when you consider the desserts. Being able to walk around and see all the rooms is one benefit to going at lunch since it’s less formal

Cons:

The food is better than average but does not have enough options.

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

We have eaten here for lunch at least once a year. Like the carved turkey sandwich.
It is very special at christmas time.

Pros:

great lunches

Cons:

prices for breakfast and diner too expensive

Reviewer: Sandy Review Date: 09/30/2018

Food was just ok, but you have to go at least once to check it out. Great atmosphere.

Pros:

Rooms are decorated wonderfully

Cons:

Food is meh