Reviews of Be Our Guest -Counter Service Lunch

New Fantasyland Expansion

Read prices, menu items, and more about Be Our Guest

Services: Table Service , Quick Service , Kiosk

Reviewed by Becky B Review Date: 07/24/2019

Lunch at Be Our Guest. You try very hard to get reservations for Be Our Guest. You get them and celebrate. Then when the time comes, you wait in a very long line outside to get in to the place, order your food from a machine, then wander around a crazy, loud, busy dining room to find an empty (not clean) table. We went with extended family, about 10 of us total, and it was a nightmare for all of us to find a place to sit. By the time our food came, I thought some of our party was going to lose their tempers (very out of character!). Food was very "ok" is the best I could say. Cold, severely over-cooked. If something doesn't come out right, good luck. There is no one you can find to help you. Not what you would expect from an experience requiring a reservation. We will likely never go back. I just don't know why anyone who goes once would find it something they would want to do again.

Pros:

Atmosphere is nice, snowing windows, stormy west wing

Cons:

Food is very overpriced and very poorly executed. Almost no level of service - self-service everything except delivery of food, no assistance available if food/things go wrong

Reviewed by Teach52 Review Date: 04/24/2019

Third time having lunch there and it will be our last. Don’t bother to pre-order as each time there has been some issue that resulted in us replacing our order. Very loud and takes a long time for tables to turn over and get cleaned.

Pros:

Room themes

Cons:

Very loud, food just so-so,

Reviewed by KimH134 Review Date: 04/20/2019

Other than the draw of eating in Beast's castle, I have no desire to eat lunch hear again with my family.

Pros:

Detailed atmosphere

Cons:

Food was not as good as everyone makes it out to be. My teenage boys left food behind, which is saying A LOT.

Reviewed by nkwyatt Review Date: 04/17/2019

Everyone else seems to love this place; we have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner there -- a total of 4 meals -- and only had one positive experience.

Pros:

We had our best experience at dinner the first time we ate there; the second time was not as good. Service was acceptable but not comparable to other Disney dining experiences like Ohana, Whispering Canyon, etc. The food was okay but not exceptional.

Cons:

Lunch was very disappointing -- the food was bland, the staff was unprepared and a bit on the side of rude at times.

Reviewed by Challisgal Review Date: 02/26/2019

My travel friend loves this restaurant and insists on it every trip. I'm not quite as in love with it. The menu hasn't changed in years, but at least there are real plates and silverware, you can get your own refills and it's air conditioned. We usually eat in the music box room, which seems a little quieter than the others, but overall this place seems overrated to me.

Pros:

Real plates and silverware Can get own refills Air conditioning

Cons:

Menu hasn't changed appreciably in years Can be loud

Reviewed by Smoosher Review Date: 01/25/2019

We are Florida resident pass holders for quite a few years and have been trying to get reservations for Be Our Guest. I went on line every day for a few months. Finally the lunch reservations were made in May 2018 for Jan 20th, 2019. From most of the reviews we read, people praise this restaurant. I do not see why. They herd you in like cattle.The very loud main dining area has nice chandeliers but that is all. One side room has many great pictures from the movie and the other side room has statues of Belle & the Beast. The food is no better than any other over priced fast food in the complex. The French onion soup was luke warm with a solid block of cheese on top. We had to cut it with a knife to get to the broth. I love cheese and left more then half on a plate. It was too hard to chew. The sandwiches were OK at Best. Personally our party of five would not go back if dinner was free. We have eaten at the top and bottom end restaurants in the whole complex. This rates below almost all. I can only imagine what a $60.00 per person dinner would be like. Don't waste your money here.

Pros:

A few great pictures and statues.

Cons:

The food.

Reviewed by MKFan Review Date: 11/11/2018

We ate lunch here 10/24. Neither of us care for the whole grain bun/bread that the ham and cheese sandwich comes on, so they put in on bread that seemed like Texas toast. I thought it was was greasy and didn't care for the flavor of the butter/margarine they used. It just passed, but it was disappointing because we were here a few times over the years and that sandwich was always good. THEN beverages a Coke and a Sprite were so horrible tasting. I don't know what they did. It wasn't CO2, I was beginning to wonder if it was what the cleaned the nozzles with. We were in the music room, so I left and went to the main ballroom and it still didn't taste right, but not as horrible as in the music room. So, almost $5 for a beverage that we couldn't even drink. I tried different dispensers about 4 times. Of course they couldn't give us our money back, so they gave us a bottle of water to go.

It's nice to come here for a different dinning experience and to see the castle, but I come for lunch because there's nothing on the dinner menu I would eat and this time they couldn't even make a sandwich or provide a beverage.

Another thing, they had 3 forks left when I went up to get the silverwear and they never restocked the whole time we were there.

Pros:

To see the inside of the castle.

Cons:

Ham and cheese sandwich wasn't so great. Not able to get a beverage we paid for. Seating is chaotic. If there is a problem with your food, too bad.

Reviewed by jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

Yuck. If you don't preorder it is a huge hassle to order at the kiosks inside. The wait was LONG and my older parents had a hard time figuring it all out. Food arrived cold, no seats in the West Wing which was the main reason we went. Just a weird set up with getting all your own stuff but the food is delivered. French onion soup was tasty and the Master's cupcake was good but other than that, we don't plan to return. We received "no strings attached" Fastpasses for the ice cold food.

Pros:

French onion soup, gray stuff, ambiance

Cons:

Cold food, weird ordering process, long line

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/13/2018

Soups are no longer part of the dining plan.

Pros:

N/a

Cons:

N/a

Reviewed by orangebird Review Date: 09/26/2018

I dont understand why they manage this restaurant the way they do. It could be done a lot better its just a glorified cafeteria. The food was fairly good, granted this was awhile back before even further recent changes. It is no fun trying to hunt for a table, the place is an absolute madhouse, and very loud. Horrible lack of management control as well. We have no desire to ever put up with this location again.

Pros:

food

Cons:

hunting for a table, loud, a madhouse.