Reviews of House of Blues Restaurant and Bar

View Menus at House of Blues Restaurant and Bar Dining Location

Full Service
Disney Springs West Side

Lunch/Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/crossroads-at-house-of-blues/lunch-dinner
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/crossroads-at-house-of-blues/child-lunch-dinner

Review with photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestblog/2010/10/house_of_blues_downtown_disney.html

Reviewed by amy kujawa Review Date: 04/18/2019

Way back when HOB first opened this was by far my favorite place in Disney to go. Especially for the Po Boys. Now I've went the last two years and keep saying don't go back. I had the Po Boy again this trip thinking it has to be better than last year. It wasn't. Very few shrimp, not the freshest bread and just not a great sandwich. I also had mashed potatoes instead of fries which were flavorless and bland. Service wasn't great either. I don't need to go back here.

Pros:

Atmosphere. Usually no wait.

Cons:

Food gone downhill. Service not great.

Reviewed by MaegD Review Date: 04/17/2019

Whenever we head to WDW for vacay, you'll find our family at House of Blues for live music and happy hour at least once during our trip (or more :) You cannot beat the wonderful courtyard area, the entertainment and the cheap beers. And it's not just for the adults. Play some cards with the kids while enjoying the music, order them an appetizer (we recommend the corn bread) and you could be there for hours.

Pros:

great live music; cool atmosphere; well priced eats and drinks

Cons:

N/A

Reviewed by maegenduerksen Review Date: 09/30/2018

House of Blues happy hour has been a family tradition of ours for years. Shopping, maybe some bowling and ending our day at House of Blues is a full days worth of fun without paying to get into the parks. Just sit in their courtyard, listen to live music, buy some inexpensive drinks, possibly bring a deck of cards and buy some of their famous cornbread if you have kids and you could be there for hours.

Pros:

Great atmosphere and inexpensive

Cons:

n/a

Reviewed by Locke815 Review Date: 08/16/2016

We really like this place and dined there on 1st Aug. No problem with the voodoo shrimp, steaks and desserts but the server was just terrible. Once he knew we were on DDP his attitude changed dramatically. He did not ask how things were and did not offer sauces etc. or refills, virtually threw my magic band back onto the table and slammed the desserts down when he eventually brought them. Should have complained but just let it go.
We will return but watch who's serving us.

Pros:

Food and decor

Cons:

Awful server

Reviewed by tjcat98 Review Date: 08/22/2015

We got our table at 7:16 pm, our server did not arrive until 8pm to ask us our drink selections. She did not come back again til 8:45 to ask us our dinner selections. We did not get our food until 9:30. Never got drink refills, ketchup, salt or pepper even after asking for it. Then the server said our DVC discount did not apply, even though on the DVC website we should have gotten a 10% discount. The food was blah, my chicken sandwich had a quarter of chicken compared to the bun. Never again.

Pros:

Cons:

everything

Reviewed by cutter Review Date: 06/05/2015

So now for the not so good things. The wait staff was sub-par. After we were seated, it took about 6 or 7 minutes easily for a waitress to arrive. Mind you, the restaurant was very empty at our arrival. After our drink order was taken, it was another 10 minutes for them to arrive and another 20 minutes before our food arrived. Our server just didn't seem real happy to be here. It's a shame, because I probably would give this a better rating if the server would have been more "sociable".

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Wait Staff

Reviewed by chall0789 Review Date: 11/06/2014

Our family of six enjoyed another meal at the Crossroads/House of Blues while at WDW. The food was very good. We love the Voodoo Shrimp, three of us shared this as an appetizer and then also had it for our main meal. One daughter had street tacos which were very small, but she enjoyed them. The other daughter had a chicken sandwich we she enjoyed. Our son had the Juicy Lucy which we all tasted and agreed was not very juicy and was kind of a bland burger. Our server was also very good, he knew the menu, made great recommendations was very efficient and friendly.

Pros:

Voodoo Shrimp and Atmosphere

Reviewed by kwimberly1 Review Date: 10/29/2014

Had lunch. Food was amazing other than cold fries. Waitress forgot us. Food was fast, but we did not get drink refills until someone finally came back. Long time in between wait staff visits. But, again food was very good and extremely large portions. Would eat there again. I had fish sandwich and my husband had bacon wrapped meatloaf with garlic mashed potatoes. Very good food. Love the decor.

Pros:

food was great

Cons:

service

Reviewed by matt6816 Review Date: 08/29/2014

The food here is above average and our server Summer was outstanding. Don't order the fried chicken. It is a large, hard mound of fried bread that is non-negotiable.

Pros:

location/spicy food

Cons:

fried chicken

Reviewed by LISAE Review Date: 08/24/2014

This was a new restaurant for us and we would definitely return again.
Our server was very clear that the food was spicier than average and to steer clear of the foods marked spicy if this was not our taste (my picky 12 year old daughter was extremely grateful for this).
Husband and daughter had what they claim to be some of the best steaks of the trip (and better by far than Le Cellier).
I had a spicy burger - was very tasty and quite spicy and probably the best burger I've every eaten in my life.
Son had the spicy pasta with chicken (which was a piece of chicken breast coated in breadcrumbs on top of the plate of pasta) which he also loved.
Desserts were very nice too.
Can't wait to return.

Pros:

fantastic meal, great spicy food and wonderful frozen margaritas