Reviews of House of Blues Restaurant and Bar

View Menus at House of Blues Restaurant and Bar Dining Location

Full Service
Disney Springs West Side

Lunch/Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/crossroads-at-house-of-blues/lunch-dinner
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/crossroads-at-house-of-blues/child-lunch-dinner

Review with photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestblog/2010/10/house_of_blues_downtown_disney.html

Reviewer: LISAE Review Date: 08/24/2014

This was a new restaurant for us and we would definitely return again.
Our server was very clear that the food was spicier than average and to steer clear of the foods marked spicy if this was not our taste (my picky 12 year old daughter was extremely grateful for this).
Husband and daughter had what they claim to be some of the best steaks of the trip (and better by far than Le Cellier).
I had a spicy burger - was very tasty and quite spicy and probably the best burger I've every eaten in my life.
Son had the spicy pasta with chicken (which was a piece of chicken breast coated in breadcrumbs on top of the plate of pasta) which he also loved.
Desserts were very nice too.
Can't wait to return.

Pros:

fantastic meal, great spicy food and wonderful frozen margaritas

Cons:

—

Reviewer: sstotts Review Date: 05/24/2014

Initially, I wasn't very excited about this reservation. We planned to have dinner there our first night, after a long day of traveling and enjoying the water park. Because it is a chain, I didn't have high expectations. However, my expectations were blown out of the water. My family was running late to our reservation and when I called the restaurant to see if I could push it back, the hostess was extremely friendly and accommodating. Our waiter was one of the best servers we had on the trip. The food was also one of the best meals we experienced throughout our week-long stay at Disney World. I had the fried chicken (which was enough to feed a family of 4) and my husband had the pulled pork sandwich. Both were outstanding! I would highly recommend this as a casual dining option at Downtown Disney - it was one of the best choices I made the whole trip!

Pros:

Delicious food, excellent service

Cons:

Huge servings

Reviewer: disneymee Review Date: 01/28/2014

If you have the chance book a reservation for the House of Blues Gospel Brunch. We did on our last two trips. The food was delicious and the gospel entertainment was amazing. We are looking forward to another visit this summer!

Reviewer: Irishrabbit Review Date: 01/04/2014

We ate here on 12/13, our first night at WDW. Have eaten here before, but wanted to try the new menu. Our ressies were 8:15, and we only waited a few minutes before we were shown to our table.
We had spinach dip for an appetizer, which was very good. Instead of thin tortilla chips it came with a thicker cracker kind of chip. I really thought this was much better than a thin chip, really held up well without breaking. Both hubby and I decided on the Lobster Mac & Cheese. Boy, this was super yummy! Very cheesy, ooey and gooey and they didn't skimp on lobster either! I also liked that they used a bigger pasta, not the typical elbow macaroni. Our server kept refilling our iced teas without having to be asked, and the manager on duty stopped by to make sure we were happy with our meals. The only thing we were surprised about is there is no beer on tap, only bottles. No big deal though.
We very much enjoyed our meal here. Love the music playing too, such a fun atmosphere!

Pros:

Great food, fun atmosphere

Cons:

No beer on tap

Reviewer: fireman Review Date: 11/24/2013

Had the best steak here! The desserts were wonderful too! Try this when you go downtown. Its a must do!

Pros:

Steak

Reviewer: pop2 Review Date: 10/05/2013

We just got back from Disney on Sept 28. We cancelled the reservation we had to try House of Blues with our friends. Glad we did. Food was great and we had a great server. He did everything he could to maximize our use of the dining plan and get everything we could. I did order a cocktail (it was blue and very yummy.) But it was supposed to come in souvenir glass. I was disappointed. He went in the back found 2 in boxes and wrapped them up for me to take home. Plus he washed and gave me the mason jar it had come it. Great souvenirs!!!! It really was the best service we had the whole week. I had lobster mac and cheese. Very rich, but very good. My husband had ribs and they were very tender. (The first tender ribs we had all week.!) If you're in Downtown Disney, I definitely recommend it.

Pros:

food, service

Reviewer: kamachine Review Date: 07/05/2013

We ate at House of Blues on June 23. It was simply awesome! We had the ribs, fried chicken, lobster mac & cheese, and shrimp & grits and I couldn't tell you which was the best. Fortunately our hotel room had a fridge for the leftovers; the portions (fried chicken in particular) were huge. We had a Restaurant.com certificate worth $50 that we paid $4 for. You have to spend $100 before tax/tip to use it; our server told us we were $2 under at the end of our meal and just added a side order of cole slaw to our bill to put us over so we could use our coupon; awesome service! We would go back in a minute!

Pros:

Great food and service

Reviewer: Daniellep93 Review Date: 06/15/2013

Best meal of the vacation! Appetizers large enough to share, huge portions, delicious desserts. We were a little apprehensive when our server took our orders without writing anything down but it was unnecessary, he remembered everything and was very attentive. The shrimp and grits was delicious, Mom loved her french dip, Dad raved about the steak, and my sister enjoyed her buttermilk fried chicken (I'm pretty sure it was a whole chicken). Every thing is slightly spicy but not overbearingly spicy. A bit loud but nothing horrendous. Go here if you get the chance. Hope it stays on the dining plan!

Pros:

Food, service, triple chocolate cheesecake, huge portions

Reviewer: Arden Review Date: 03/12/2013

Tried House Of Blues for the first time our last visit March 2013.

Atmosphere was excellent,

Sat at outside bar (with entertainment) while we waited for our table to be ready.

Waiter was attentive and overall, the service was excellent. Spouse had chicken (enormous serving size)which was very tasty, Ribs were also very good.

Entire party agreed this will become a must do our next trip back. The entire experience from start to finish was wonderful.

Pros:

Food, Service

Reviewer: fhampshire Review Date: 03/04/2013

Had the oppotunity to stop by for lunch during Mardi Gras week. As always, everything sublime -- in honor of MG ordered off the special cocktail menu -- an absinthe hurricane.... oh my! extremely delicious!! strayed from my usual favority of Voodoo Shrimp to try the fried chicken -- so delicious (and huge!), some totally decadent potatoes with bacon, cheese, and other delicious things-- key lime pie for dessert. Waiter was so lovely, I wanted to take him home with me (regretfully didn't get his name). Left (actually waddled) out of there a very happy girl!! thanks again HOB!

Pros:

EVERYTHING!

Cons:

nothing