Reviews of House of Blues Restaurant and Bar

View Menus at House of Blues Restaurant and Bar Dining Location

Full Service
Disney Springs West Side

Lunch/Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/crossroads-at-house-of-blues/lunch-dinner
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/crossroads-at-house-of-blues/child-lunch-dinner

Review with photos: http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestblog/2010/10/house_of_blues_downtown_disney.html

Reviewer: tjcat98 Review Date: 08/22/2015

We got our table at 7:16 pm, our server did not arrive until 8pm to ask us our drink selections. She did not come back again til 8:45 to ask us our dinner selections. We did not get our food until 9:30. Never got drink refills, ketchup, salt or pepper even after asking for it. Then the server said our DVC discount did not apply, even though on the DVC website we should have gotten a 10% discount. The food was blah, my chicken sandwich had a quarter of chicken compared to the bun. Never again.

Pros:

Cons:

everything

Reviewer: Locke815 Review Date: 08/16/2016

We really like this place and dined there on 1st Aug. No problem with the voodoo shrimp, steaks and desserts but the server was just terrible. Once he knew we were on DDP his attitude changed dramatically. He did not ask how things were and did not offer sauces etc. or refills, virtually threw my magic band back onto the table and slammed the desserts down when he eventually brought them. Should have complained but just let it go.
We will return but watch who's serving us.

Pros:

Food and decor

Cons:

Awful server

Reviewer: cutter Review Date: 06/05/2015

So now for the not so good things. The wait staff was sub-par. After we were seated, it took about 6 or 7 minutes easily for a waitress to arrive. Mind you, the restaurant was very empty at our arrival. After our drink order was taken, it was another 10 minutes for them to arrive and another 20 minutes before our food arrived. Our server just didn't seem real happy to be here. It's a shame, because I probably would give this a better rating if the server would have been more "sociable".

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Wait Staff

Reviewer: BuckeyeBarb Review Date: 01/05/2013

Ate here on New Years Eve and expected it to be packed--not so. The best thing we ordered was the cornbread. My husband had the shrimp and grits, which were very spicy, I had the chicken quesadilla (which had more mushrooms than chicken) and found it tastless. One son had the short ribs (tough) and my other son had the pork sliders which were pretty tastless. We expected at the very least having blues music playing, and would have loved a live blues magician...especially on new year's--we got neither. I felt like we were sitting in a Chili's chain restaurant. We really wanted to like this restaurant but won't return.

Pros:

Availability on New Year's Eve

Cons:

No live music

Reviewer: kwimberly1 Review Date: 10/29/2014

Had lunch. Food was amazing other than cold fries. Waitress forgot us. Food was fast, but we did not get drink refills until someone finally came back. Long time in between wait staff visits. But, again food was very good and extremely large portions. Would eat there again. I had fish sandwich and my husband had bacon wrapped meatloaf with garlic mashed potatoes. Very good food. Love the decor.

Pros:

food was great

Cons:

service

Reviewer: mem0914 Review Date: 10/29/2013

I had a party of 10 with dinner reservations for 8:30pm. We arrived at 8 and weren't seated til 8:45pm because we were told they could not accommodate a party our size. It took at least thirty minutes and us talking to the manager before we were all seated together. Our served good she bought our drinks quickly and the food was ok. Not as good as our last visit. We had to send some food back because it was cold and even then it tasted old when we got it back. But that was only on two people's food. My only complaint would be the time it took them to get us seated together and that I ordered a second Hurricane and it never came.

Pros:

Good food & decent drinks

Cons:

Trouble with seating

Reviewer: matt6816 Review Date: 08/29/2014

The food here is above average and our server Summer was outstanding. Don't order the fried chicken. It is a large, hard mound of fried bread that is non-negotiable.

Pros:

location/spicy food

Cons:

fried chicken

Reviewer: Tampa Mom Review Date: 06/28/2014

My two daughters and I had lunch here on 6-27-14. The service was friendly and efficient, and my daughters loved their burgers. It was a really nice experience.

I am sad to say that the one sour note was my french dip sandwich. It wasn't bad, it was just... blah. The au jus had no flavor at all. If they had brought me a cup of plain hot water, there would have been no difference. The roast beef had a boiled beef blandness that brought nothing to the taste of the sandwich. I never noticed any sauteed onions, though they may have been buried in the provolone, which was the one excellent ingredient. A cup of a very hot, strong horseradish sauce was served on the side, which I suspect was intended to provide the flavor for the sandwich. I didn't use it since it was a bit too much for me.

As I said, the sandwich wasn't bad, just not very good. But my girls devoured their burgers, and all of us enjoyed the tasty fries that came with our sandwiches, so just avoid the french dip and you should have a great meal.

Pros:

Great service and food

Cons:

French dip sandwich a disappointment

Reviewer: maegenduerksen Review Date: 09/30/2018

House of Blues happy hour has been a family tradition of ours for years. Shopping, maybe some bowling and ending our day at House of Blues is a full days worth of fun without paying to get into the parks. Just sit in their courtyard, listen to live music, buy some inexpensive drinks, possibly bring a deck of cards and buy some of their famous cornbread if you have kids and you could be there for hours.

Pros:

Great atmosphere and inexpensive

Cons:

n/a

Reviewer: chall0789 Review Date: 11/06/2014

Our family of six enjoyed another meal at the Crossroads/House of Blues while at WDW. The food was very good. We love the Voodoo Shrimp, three of us shared this as an appetizer and then also had it for our main meal. One daughter had street tacos which were very small, but she enjoyed them. The other daughter had a chicken sandwich we she enjoyed. Our son had the Juicy Lucy which we all tasted and agreed was not very juicy and was kind of a bland burger. Our server was also very good, he knew the menu, made great recommendations was very efficient and friendly.

Pros:

Voodoo Shrimp and Atmosphere

Cons:

—