Reviews of Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

Celebrity Chef Art Smith has brought his brand of Florida-inspired cuisine to Disney Springs. The new restaurant features farm-to-fork cuisine that showcases the bounty of Florida, and design inspired by turn-of-the century Florida architecture of the late 1800s. Homecoming offers traditional Southern favorites with sophisticated, chef-inspired creations.

Watch restaurant review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFNkM5sTBWM

Reviewer: KKT Review Date: 09/26/2018

My husband and I have eaten here twice. Most recently in June 2018. Loved it both times!
The first time we sat on the patio overlooking the water. Husband loved his shrimp and grits and chicken and biscuit sliders were so yummy!!
Hummingbird cake wasnt quite as good as I hoped but still managed to eat every morsel.
The next time we were seated inside and enjoyed the our high top table overlooking Disney Springs. Shared the shrimp cocktail which was interesting and really good. Also shared the short rib and mashed potatoes.
So delicious!! This time we opted for a gigantic chocolate chip cookie from the Polite Pig for desert. Best cookie Ive ever had!

Pros:

Atmosphere, great food

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 04/11/2018

Dined at Homecomin' for the third time on March 24th. We had a table for 5 out on the back porch, facing the water. Service, food and cocktails were very well done. We will definitely be back...

Pros:

Outdoor Patio, Food and Cocktails

Reviewer: allec999 Review Date: 03/11/2018

Had dinner here in late February. I had the chicken and doughnuts, of course. Delicious. The bacon gravy on the mash potatoes was incredible. My wife had some kind of fried chicken sliders, which she loved. Service was good, and the atmosphere casual and comfortable. Very good choice.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere

Cons:

not much

Reviewer: disneydiner Review Date: 11/22/2017

I wanted to try something new and this restaurant was it. Very disappointed with my margarita. It was so sour-I could barely drink it. I probably should have sent it back but... I let the ice melt down and I actually added some sugar to it to make it drinkable. Didn't help much. Anyway, the chicken club sandwich was very good as were the homemade chips. I saw the fried chicken served and it looked great but I wanted to try the chocolate pecan pie for dessert so I went with the sandwich. The pie was terrific! Next time I eat here, I will order the fried chicken-but not the margarita!

Pros:

good food

Cons:

terrible margarita

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 11/11/2017

We dined here for the second time on Tuesday, November 7th. Everything was perfect. The service, food and cocktails couldn't be better!!

Pros:

Location, Food and Service

Reviewer: feenie20 Review Date: 10/09/2017

We ate at Homecomin' last week for the second time, and loved it just as much as our first experience. The fried chicken is so tasty, and they do some trickery to make even the chicken breast mostly boneless, which makes it much more pleasant to eat.
We ordered the donuts for desert, but were so stuffed that we ended up bringing them back to our resort and enjoyed them for a late night snack.

Pros:

fried chicken!

Cons:

loud

Reviewer: mooglish Review Date: 10/04/2017

First thing first, I'm a huge Art Smith fangirl. I've watched every episode of Top Chef and Top Chef Masters that he's been on, love him to bits and pieces. I was looking forward to this most of all our meals, and we visited on Thursday, 09/28/17, for dinner. We had a reservation, and were slightly early, but we were seated right away at a table where I could look right into the kitchen and see how things were being prepared, something that I love.

First thing we were asked is about any allergies-husband has a serious aversion to onions, and mentioned it to them-they confirmed that none of the things he was interested in ordering contained onion, so we were safe there. However, pickles had onions, and that didn't matter in the least because I adore onions and stole all the pickles.

We were on the Deluxe Dining plan, so I had iced tea, husband had a Coke, and I ordered a Watermelon Mash cocktail, which was wonderful. After perusing the menu online, I already knew that I wanted the fried green tomatoes and husband ordered the Jasper board, as he wasn't quite sure what he would like. He found that he loves pimento cheese, the crackers were superb, and that tasso ham (which neither of us had tried before) is like delicious peppery pastrami. Absolutely wonderful, though my cocktail did not arrive until we were almost done with the appetizers.

For our entrees, we ordered the fried chicken, which is something I've looked forward to for quite some time and found it to be quite good-very moist, huge portion, and a bit under-seasoned. The mashed potatoes were fantastic, and we both took the server's suggestion of adding some of their sausage gravy to the potatoes, which was amazing. I could eat those cheddar drop biscuits all day-they outshine Red Lobster by miles.

For dessert, I got the Chocolate Pecan Pie, and I won the jackpot of desserts. It was divine, absolutely delicious, and so rich and lovely. Husband stole a few bites. He got the Auntie's Chocolate Cake, which was wonderful, but I won dessert :)

All in all, a great experience. The music was familiar, and it really felt like home to me (I'm a country girl at heart). It is definitely on the to-do list for the next time we head down to Florida.

Pros:

Service

Cons:

Entree was not up to what I thought of as par

Reviewer: Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 08/31/2017

This was our second time here and we waited to finally get a second reservation...it was tough. I have to say that this visit was not as good as the first. The fried chicken was a little greasy and not that much meat. It was really awesome the first time, so hoping it was just an off day. I like the place and the staff is always really great. Coming back in January and hoping it is better!

Pros:

Cons:

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 06/07/2017

This is hands down my new favorite restaurant in Disney Springs!!! I dined here on Friday, June 2nd with my 17 year old daughter, my sister and 1 year old niece. We had a 5:25 reservation and were seated promptly at a table near a window with a gorgeous view of the Springs.

We ordered cocktails first. I started with the Moonshine Mash (ended up having 2 of them) and it was heaven in a cup. Next came the appetizers. We split the fried green tomatoes and an order of hush puppies. Both were delicious!

For entrees, my daughter and I had the fried chicken, and both agreed it was the best we have ever had. My sister had the short ribs, and she found them to be superb as well.

Our server was excellent!

The manager went out of his way to see that all of our needs were met, even bringing us a bowl of strawberries (free of charge) to my slightly unhappy niece. When we requested them, the manager said,"consider it already done." He checked on us a few times after that, which was a wonderful gesture.

I will definitely be back, already trying to fit it in last minute for our trip over the 4th of July...

Pros:

Service and Food

Reviewer: Swin1989 Review Date: 04/30/2017

We ate here on February 27, 2017. It was our first time eating here. We loved it and plan to eat here again on our next visit. I had Art's Famous Fried Chicken. It was delicious. It came with mashed potatoes and a cheddar biscuit. I would definitely get this again. Hubby wanted the braised short ribs but they were out so he got the chopped pork bbq plate. He enjoyed it very much. It came with homemade mac and cheese and a cheddar biscuit. All was delicious.

Pros:

Food, decor, atmosphere, service

Cons:

They were out of Hubby's first choice.