Reviews of Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

View Menus at Homecomin' Dining Location

Celebrity Chef Art Smith has brought his brand of Florida-inspired cuisine to Disney Springs. The new restaurant features farm-to-fork cuisine that showcases the bounty of Florida, and design inspired by turn-of-the century Florida architecture of the late 1800s. Homecoming offers traditional Southern favorites with sophisticated, chef-inspired creations.

Watch restaurant review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFNkM5sTBWM

Reviewer: jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

I have to give it a 10 even though no one is perfect - this place comes close! Service was excellent, the manager Kevin Smith was incredibly nice and helpful. Hush puppies app is great, fried chicken is awesome and the mashed potatoes and mac and cheese are incredible! Finally had the hummingbird cake - it is AMAZING. I highly recommend Homecomin' and we will return.

Pros:

Everything!!!!!!!!

Cons:

Not one thing

Reviewer: bookworm269 Review Date: 09/30/2018

I've gone to this restaurant so many times I've lost count. I have so many favorites! The fried green tomatoes, the deviled eggs, the KC greens. You can get a full meal or just put together a few appetizers and sides to make a meal. Either way you won't go wrong.

Pros:

Great food and service

Reviewer: nlg0517 Review Date: 09/29/2018

Amazing!!! This restaurant did not disappoint! My kids are very picky eaters and often only order chicken or burgers when we go out. My DS 14 said, “This is the best chicken I’ve ever had!”. We ordered two chicken and dounuts and a chicken sandwich. We started with the pimento cheese stuffed hush puppies which were also very good. The mixed drinks were interesting and delicious. Then of course we had Hummingbird cake which even my DH liked and he doesn’t eat sweets. It was expensive. I would definitely eat here again

Pros:

Great food Good service Enjoyable atmosphere

Cons:

Price

Reviewer: Karen81969 Review Date: 09/27/2018

My husband and I ate here for the first time earlier this September. We both extremely enjoyed our meals. He had the shrimp and grits and I had the meatloaf. Hummingbird cake and moonshine cake for dessert and both of those also amazing! We will definitely be making this a regular dining spot on future trips!

Pros:

Our waiter was awesome!

Cons:

None!

Reviewer: Colleen Review Date: 09/27/2018

I've eaten here twice, and it's become one of my favorite restaurants at Walt Disney World. It has a fun, family friendly atmosphere and the servers are great. The food is delicious. The mac and cheese is the best we had anywhere. We ordered several of the desserts to share among our table, and the hummingbird cake was a favorite. Very enjoyable experience!

Pros:

great food and drinks, fun atmosphere, friendly staff

Reviewer: KKT Review Date: 09/26/2018

My husband and I have eaten here twice. Most recently in June 2018. Loved it both times!
The first time we sat on the patio overlooking the water. Husband loved his shrimp and grits and chicken and biscuit sliders were so yummy!!
Hummingbird cake wasn’t quite as good as I hoped but still managed to eat every morsel.
The next time we were seated inside and enjoyed the our high top table overlooking Disney Springs. Shared the shrimp cocktail which was interesting and really good. Also shared the short rib and mashed potatoes.
So delicious!! This time we opted for a gigantic chocolate chip cookie from the Polite Pig for desert. Best cookie I’ve ever had!

Pros:

Atmosphere, great food

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 04/11/2018

Dined at Homecomin' for the third time on March 24th. We had a table for 5 out on the back porch, facing the water. Service, food and cocktails were very well done. We will definitely be back...

Pros:

Outdoor Patio, Food and Cocktails

Reviewer: allec999 Review Date: 03/11/2018

Had dinner here in late February. I had the chicken and doughnuts, of course. Delicious. The bacon gravy on the mash potatoes was incredible. My wife had some kind of fried chicken sliders, which she loved. Service was good, and the atmosphere casual and comfortable. Very good choice.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere

Cons:

not much

Reviewer: disneydiner Review Date: 11/22/2017

I wanted to try something new and this restaurant was it. Very disappointed with my margarita. It was so sour-I could barely drink it. I probably should have sent it back but... I let the ice melt down and I actually added some sugar to it to make it drinkable. Didn't help much. Anyway, the chicken club sandwich was very good as were the homemade chips. I saw the fried chicken served and it looked great but I wanted to try the chocolate pecan pie for dessert so I went with the sandwich. The pie was terrific! Next time I eat here, I will order the fried chicken-but not the margarita!

Pros:

good food

Cons:

terrible margarita

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 11/11/2017

We dined here for the second time on Tuesday, November 7th. Everything was perfect. The service, food and cocktails couldn't be better!!

Pros:

Location, Food and Service