Reviews of Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

View Menus at Homecomin' Dining Location

Celebrity Chef Art Smith has brought his brand of Florida-inspired cuisine to Disney Springs. The new restaurant features farm-to-fork cuisine that showcases the bounty of Florida, and design inspired by turn-of-the century Florida architecture of the late 1800s. Homecoming offers traditional Southern favorites with sophisticated, chef-inspired creations.

Watch restaurant review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFNkM5sTBWM

Read prices, menu items, and more about Homecomin'

Services: Table Service , Take Out or Walk-up Window, Bar/Lounge

Reviewed by GrandMum Review Date: 04/24/2019

My lunch here was fantastic!! Chicken crispy and moist. When we spoke to the server about the menu, he offered to make some changes for me. We were able to swap the donuts for biscuits. My only complaint was way too much food! We wish we had shared the meal.

Pros:

Great food and service.

Reviewed by csfranklin Review Date: 04/24/2019

Hands down the BEST food on property! When I asked our server, why this is, she said it's because everything is made from scratch everyday. My teens now voted this their FAVORITE in all of WDW. The chicken and donuts is so good, and easily split between two people. The mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese in beyond incredible. Any drink made with the Rumshine is super yummy! If you ask to sit on the porch, the views are pretty. Overall, we cannot say enough good things about it!

Pros:

Best food on property Great drinks Pretty views from porch

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by Roye Ann Review Date: 04/19/2019

Cannot say enough good things about the way the staff took care of us. They specially made a fried chicken breast for my husband who has a dairy allergy and never gets to eat fried chicken anymore. It was delicious. The moonshine drinks are great, too!

Pros:

everything!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/24/2018

Great atmosphere and outstanding food! Shrimp and grits were killer along with the Florida Crush.

Pros:

Great experience all around

Cons:

Pricy if not on the dining plan, then again what isn’t at Disney.

Reviewed by jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

I have to give it a 10 even though no one is perfect - this place comes close! Service was excellent, the manager Kevin Smith was incredibly nice and helpful. Hush puppies app is great, fried chicken is awesome and the mashed potatoes and mac and cheese are incredible! Finally had the hummingbird cake - it is AMAZING. I highly recommend Homecomin' and we will return.

Pros:

Everything!!!!!!!!

Cons:

Not one thing

Reviewed by bookworm269 Review Date: 09/30/2018

I've gone to this restaurant so many times I've lost count. I have so many favorites! The fried green tomatoes, the deviled eggs, the KC greens. You can get a full meal or just put together a few appetizers and sides to make a meal. Either way you won't go wrong.

Pros:

Great food and service

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 09/29/2018

Amazing!!! This restaurant did not disappoint! My kids are very picky eaters and often only order chicken or burgers when we go out. My DS 14 said, “This is the best chicken I’ve ever had!”. We ordered two chicken and dounuts and a chicken sandwich. We started with the pimento cheese stuffed hush puppies which were also very good. The mixed drinks were interesting and delicious. Then of course we had Hummingbird cake which even my DH liked and he doesn’t eat sweets. It was expensive. I would definitely eat here again

Pros:

Great food Good service Enjoyable atmosphere

Cons:

Price

Reviewed by Karen81969 Review Date: 09/27/2018

My husband and I ate here for the first time earlier this September. We both extremely enjoyed our meals. He had the shrimp and grits and I had the meatloaf. Hummingbird cake and moonshine cake for dessert and both of those also amazing! We will definitely be making this a regular dining spot on future trips!

Pros:

Our waiter was awesome!

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by Colleen Review Date: 09/27/2018

I've eaten here twice, and it's become one of my favorite restaurants at Walt Disney World. It has a fun, family friendly atmosphere and the servers are great. The food is delicious. The mac and cheese is the best we had anywhere. We ordered several of the desserts to share among our table, and the hummingbird cake was a favorite. Very enjoyable experience!

Pros:

great food and drinks, fun atmosphere, friendly staff

Reviewed by KKT Review Date: 09/26/2018

My husband and I have eaten here twice. Most recently in June 2018. Loved it both times!
The first time we sat on the patio overlooking the water. Husband loved his shrimp and grits and chicken and biscuit sliders were so yummy!!
Hummingbird cake wasn’t quite as good as I hoped but still managed to eat every morsel.
The next time we were seated inside and enjoyed the our high top table overlooking Disney Springs. Shared the shrimp cocktail which was interesting and really good. Also shared the short rib and mashed potatoes.
So delicious!! This time we opted for a gigantic chocolate chip cookie from the Polite Pig for desert. Best cookie I’ve ever had!

Pros:

Atmosphere, great food