Reviews of Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

View Menus at Homecomin' Dining Location

Celebrity Chef Art Smith has brought his brand of Florida-inspired cuisine to Disney Springs. The new restaurant features farm-to-fork cuisine that showcases the bounty of Florida, and design inspired by turn-of-the century Florida architecture of the late 1800s. Homecoming offers traditional Southern favorites with sophisticated, chef-inspired creations.

Watch restaurant review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFNkM5sTBWM

Read prices, menu items, and more about Homecomin'

Services: Table Service , Take Out or Walk-up Window, Bar/Lounge

Reviewed by cmoranski Review Date: 03/27/2017

Extra special staff from beginning to end. Food does not meet the hype. 12 for a piece of cake? Delicious sides.

Pros:

Fried green tomatoes, sides, nice decor

Cons:

Salty chicken, high prices

Reviewed by Collette Review Date: 02/13/2017

It was fun to sit out on the screened porch next to the water, and we enjoyed the theming here. My favorite items were the Church Lady Deviled Eggs (creamiest filling ever) for an appetizer and the Hummingbird Cake, which features pineapple and banana flavors in the cake and the best cream cheese frosting ever! However, the main dish portions are huge! Two adults could easily split one entree here. Although my short ribs were very tender, they were a little salty (or else the gravy was), and there also was some off-flavor to the broccoli rabe that came with it ("seasonal vegetable" is what is listed on the menu). It was barely cooked and tasted like it was doused with lighter fluid. It was too oily, too. The mashed sweet potatoes were good. The cake slice is humungous, so that also is easily shared. We even asked them to leave off the ice cream, and we didn't even miss it! I would prefer to pay less money and get smaller portions, because I hate to waste food and want to try lots of things. The wines by the glass definitely are over-priced for the quality.

Reviewed by Busymom1015 Review Date: 04/17/2019

Good food and service

Pros:

The fried chicken is good but not the best I’ve ever had

Cons:

The atmosphere is kind of boring

Reviewed by Karyn Bixby Review Date: 04/16/2019

We had a lovely dinner at Homecoming in Disney Springs. Arriving 10 minutes late because of the slow boat, they had given our table away. Maybe 5 minutes later we were led to an indoor table by the bar. Two of us ordered the fried chicken and it was amazing. I haven't eaten fried chicken in a very long time. The donuts were "meh". The wait staff was attentive. Overall an excellent meal.

Pros:

Fried chicken and the Hummingbird cake.

Cons:

Sat next to the noisy bar.

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 03/11/2018

Had dinner here in late February. I had the chicken and doughnuts, of course. Delicious. The bacon gravy on the mash potatoes was incredible. My wife had some kind of fried chicken sliders, which she loved. Service was good, and the atmosphere casual and comfortable. Very good choice.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere

Cons:

not much

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 11/22/2017

I wanted to try something new and this restaurant was it. Very disappointed with my margarita. It was so sour-I could barely drink it. I probably should have sent it back but... I let the ice melt down and I actually added some sugar to it to make it drinkable. Didn't help much. Anyway, the chicken club sandwich was very good as were the homemade chips. I saw the fried chicken served and it looked great but I wanted to try the chocolate pecan pie for dessert so I went with the sandwich. The pie was terrific! Next time I eat here, I will order the fried chicken-but not the margarita!

Pros:

good food

Cons:

terrible margarita

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 08/31/2017

This was our second time here and we waited to finally get a second reservation...it was tough. I have to say that this visit was not as good as the first. The fried chicken was a little greasy and not that much meat. It was really awesome the first time, so hoping it was just an off day. I like the place and the staff is always really great. Coming back in January and hoping it is better!

Reviewed by maddox4 Review Date: 04/19/2017

My husband and I ate here on March 27th...he had fried chicken which he said was very good. I had the shrimp and grits. Normally I am accustomed to the white creamy type sauce but this was tomato based--I still loved it. Service was excellent, very nice atmosphere as we enjoy the semi-open kitchen style so it was fun to watch them work. We did not have alcohol or appetizers so thought the price was a little high. Would go back but there are several other new dining spots we want to try first.

Pros:

good food, great service

Cons:

pricey

Reviewed by MWS Review Date: 02/23/2017

We arrived 30 minutes early for our lunch reservation and since it wasn't busy, we were seated immediately. The restaurant is lovely and the staff is friendly and very knowledgeable on the menu. We started with the hushpuppies and shared the fried chicken dinner. Everything was delicious and plenty of food for 2 people.

Pros:

Food, service

Reviewed by Annern1970 Review Date: 08/03/2016

My mom and I ate here for lunch on July 29th. We got there shortly after it opened, so we were seated right away. We chose to sit outside on the water without realizing that the porch was only screened in and not air conditioned. In the fall/winter, it may be okay, but not in the Florida heat during the summer.

The food was delicious! My mom had the pulled pork sandwich, which is really 3 small sliders, along with a side of mac and cheese. It was one of the best mac and cheeses I've ever tasted! I had the fried chicken sandwich. While good, next time I would probably just get a side of mac and cheese. We got the chicken and dumplings as a takeout for my dad to try. It was also very good.

Our server was knowledgable and very helpful when we were asking questions about the menu. I highly recommend eating here!

Pros:

service, food

Cons:

prices, no air conditioning on the porch