Reviews of Keys to the Kingdom - Magic Kingdom

This four-and-a-half hour tour celebrates Disney Magic! Learn about the Magic Kingdom's history and backstage secrets. Hear stories of Walt Disney, his visions, his philosophies, and his accomplishments.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/25/2019

I love behind the scenes tours and information. I also love Disney, so I thought this tour would be perfect for me. Unfortunately, I found it EXTREMELY slow paced. If they cut the time of this tour in half, it still might be a bit too long. As others mentioned, the utilities were a real let down. It was just like being in an industrial hallway without windows. We saw pictures of the inside of the suite in Cinderella’s castle and had to continuously get out of cast members way that were hurrying through.

Pros:

Learned interesting facts and special access to some rides and areas.

Cons:

Too slow paced and found it boring much of the time.

Reviewed by MissE Review Date: 05/13/2019

Magic Kingdom, Florida

Pros:

Little to no wait at Mad Hatter

Cons:

Landscaping-Water not filled 1 of the 2 Dumbo Rides was not in service. Speedway ride was not in service. The big top play area (near Dumbo) not open. Food Kiosks didn't have all items advertised. When it rained, personnel at the ice cream shop were making people move out from under their canopy. Hour + waits just to meet a character. They are unable to handle the masses of people that attend each day. The Magic is GONE!! :-(

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/08/2019

We have done this tour twice. Several years apart. We learned new information each time. Loved every minute of each tour. I highly recommend this tour.

Pros:

Going behind the scenes was great.

Cons:

The lunch could be a bit more interesting.

Reviewed by Seaya Review Date: 04/18/2019

We took the Keys to the Kingdom Tour in January 2018. It was fantastic. We learned so much about the backstage areas. Touring the Utilidors was amazing. It was so great to see some of the things that go on behind the scenes. The rides we rode we all rides we enjoyed, and lunch was good. Our tour guide was very informative. She showed us some areas that aren't largely populated for a little break from the crowd, and we used it at our last WDW visit. We will probably do it again in a couple of years, just to listen to a different tour guide and get more tips!

Pros:

So much fun Disney information. There are three rides that you get to walk up to and get on without fast passes!

Cons:

There is a lot of walking on the tour, it isn't a con, but just be prepared!

Reviewed by JoanW Review Date: 04/17/2019

My just is a trivia buff and this tour was perfect! We took this tour in March, 2017. The tour was well organized and our guide was very funny and personable. From the peeks backstage to the utilidors, everything was so interesting. Lunch was provided and there was plenty of time to relax and enjoy it. I highly recommend this tour although younger kids/preteens might not enjoy it.

Pros:

Comfort and pace of tour was considered based on group participants. Getting to walk right in to a couple of rides made us feel like vip's.

Cons:

food provided at lunch was typical and salad seemed like the best option

Reviewed by HWFrieds Review Date: 03/07/2019

Interesting, lot of walking, worth it. We scheduled our tour a month or so before our planned vacation. We arrived early and were told to wait in a specific area by 3 different cast members. Unfortunately it was incorrect and we were supposed to go inside and check in. Again, unfortunately, our reservation was not on the list for that day, but a different day. To say the least we were very unhappy. The cast tried everything and after a bit they got us on that tour.

That being said, the tour guide (this was in January) was very nice, loved Disney of course.

At check in, we chose our lunch menu item and received a name tag and were given a bottle of water (good idea). The guide provided us with ear sets etc. for the tour. He gave a lot of information (some actually found here on Allears.net). We did a lot of walking and even though it was January, we needed a hat or something. We went behind the scenes and got on two rides from behind the scenes which was great.

The lunch at Pecos Bills was really good, we had never eaten there, but based on this I would go back. We had a private room for lunch, and there was basically a 'salad bar' you could back to as often as you wanted but the salad bar included toppings for tacos etc. Lunch was almost halfway through the tour.

There are many 'secrets' you learn on the tour, and yes we went down to the utilidor which also was very interesting, (can't give away secrets). You are actually asked not to repeat what you learn as to not spoil the magic for other guests. We also learned differences between Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

Pros:

It was a good tour, good information, many surprises certainly worth the price (we had APs so we got a discount).

Cons:

For me it was a one time deal. A lot of walking outside.

Reviewed by Sci3mom Review Date: 09/30/2018

Have done this tour twice and it was excellent each time. The CM on each tour was personable, knowledgeable, and definitely made the experience even more enjoyable.

Pros:

Informative, ample time to really have time to go through some of the backstage areas, nice lunch, excellent CM guides who were very knowledgeable and engaged with participants

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

Great tour! You get backstage tour as well as informative tour on stage. Our your went on the Jungle Cruise and the Haunted Mansion and we were given interesting facts in both.

Pros:

Going backstage. The lunch at Columbia House. Great information and a pin at the end.

Cons:

A lot of walking.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

one of the best tours offered..just the right amount of time

Pros:

very professional and fun

Reviewed by lauri Review Date: 10/08/2016

This was on our Disney Bucket List, and since we left my 13 yr old daughter home, it was time to cross it off. We went on the 45th birthday of Magic Kingdom (I had no idea when I made the reservation), which worked out well since the park was ridiculously crowded. I liked the ear piece we were given to use, so you could hear the guides, although they got staticy if you were not close enough. Most of the information they gave, I knew, being a big Disney fan, but the way it was told was entertaining. We also were able to ride the Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion, heading to the front of the line. Lunch was at the Lunching Pad, and was waiting for us when we arrived. After lunch we went into the utilidors, which I found fascinating. What was really a treat, was since it was the park's birthday, there was quite a party going on in the utilidors, complete with a DJ and cupcakes for cast members. I have to say, it was pretty funny to see "Rapunzel" , "Merida", and "Tiana" in their "bloomers" dancing with other cast members! My only complaint is the lack of seating during the tour. We stopped to look at pictures and hear about some history, and ended up standing for about 45min-1hour. This was the end of a 5 hour tour, so I was a bit tuckered. I think Disney could remove the stuff they had stored along the wall and add 2 benches. Since we had to constantly move out of the way for other things, that would actually help with that. If everyone was seated out of the way, no worries about people getting run over by a golf cart. Our Cast Member guides were entertaining and friendly and really knew their stuff. They truly enjoyed their job. I'm really pleased we took the tour and will probably take it again if my daughter was interested once she is old enough!

Pros:

cast member guides/information/experience

Cons:

could use some benches

Other topics in Tours At Walt Disney World