Reviews of World Showcase: DestiNations Discovered - Epcot

The DestiNations Discovered tour allows Guests to peek behind the scenes at several pavilions and get an insider’s look at unique 3D replicas of some of the world’s most magnificent architectural icons. The tour also includes a delicious international dining experience—lunch at the Rose & Crown Dining Room.

Reviewer: mlo Review Date: 11/20/2018

My husband and I were on the DestiNations Discovered tour on 11/16. We also went on the Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom and Keys to the Kingdom at Magic Kingdom on this trip. While the other tours were both awesome, DestiNations Discovered was really a let down. (1) The tour starts at 8:15am and well, it is just REALLY early and added a lot of stress to our vacation. (2) Most of the fun facts / information provided by our tour guide are well known secrets. I can literally learn more from the internet than from her. (3) The tour was too slow-paced. It is a 5 hour tour including a lunch at Rose & Crown; given the fact that there really wasn't too much to talk about, this tour should be a 2.5 hour tour at most and should NOT include the lunch; this way we could eat whatever we want at Epcot (there are SO many choices) and the cost could come down quite a bit. (4) The lunch at Rose & Crown took forever. We preordered our lunch when we checked in at 8:15am, and we could only choose an entree and a drink (soft drink or water) because the appetizer and dessert were already predetermined. We were seated at 11:45, and our drinks and appetizer were not served for a LONG time, and then the entree did not arrive at our tables until 12:36. I really do not see what the point of preordering was. The entire lunch took at least 1.5 hours and it was a complete waste of time. With that said, the fish (I had fish and chips) was really really good though - it was definitely the highlight of the entire tour. In short, I would NOT recommend this tour.

Pros:

Not much

Cons:

Slow-paced, nothing interesting, took way too long.

Reviewer: ppratt3410 Review Date: 09/26/2018

Since I frequent WDW often I like to try new experiences. My Aunt and I did this tour in October 2017. There was a group of about 10 of us. I\\'ve been waiting for a tour that would take me around the world. I loved this. Well worth the wait!
It started out a little slow. Our guide had all the ear pieces tangled and we had to wait for him to get started. After that it was smooth sailing. I loved all the in-depth information about the countries. It was exactly what I was looking for. Starting our morning before the countries opened for business is an extra treat!
The tour started in Mexico and we worked around the lagoon. As we stopped in each country, I was once again amazed at the detail in the pavilions and all the stories. Going there as much as I do I feel like I rush by to get to attractions and don’t get to appreciate all the details put in to the areas.
We went thru just about all the countries before we stopped for a lunch at the Rose and Crown Pub. One of my favorite spots.
After lunch we wrapped up with England and Canada. All in all, it was well worth the money. I would highly recommend.

Pros:

Getting to see the countries without the crowds Lunch is included

Cons: