Reviews of Behind the Seeds - Epcot

Take a one-hour walking tour of the LAND greenhouses and labs. Tour greenhouses to discover over 60 crops from around the world, and see some of the latest techniques used to grow and improve plants.

Reviewer: Mia W. Review Date: 09/28/2018

During this tour, your guide takes you around the Living with the Land greenhouses, describing the plants and animals and the different projects and experiments they are doing in living with the land. You spend a lot of time in the "on stage" areas of the attraction, so any question you had about what's going on there will be answered! The tour is about an hour.

If you are the kind of person who never skip Living with the Land, then this tour is totally worth it. We still talk about it whenever Living with the Land comes up in conversation!

Pros:

You do get to see most of the green house up close. The guide we had was very knowledgeable as well as personable. You feel a bit like a VIP when the attraction boats go by! The tour is the perfect length to go on without feeling like you are taking too much time out of your park day. The price is very reasonable.

Cons:

Activities may vary from tour to tour so don't get your heart set on one particular item. (For example I think they always have some food from the greenhouse for you to try, but what you get varies.)

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

loved this simple very educating tour

Pros:

not too long and very educational

Cons:

wish could try more of the food!!

Reviewer: Gingy160 Review Date: 12/06/2017

We love Living with the Land, so we were eager to take the Behind the Seeds tour. It did not disappoint. We had a pleasant and informative tour guide who clearly loves her job. I would not recommend this tour on a hot day since you're inside the greenhouses, but if you have even a passing interest in gardening this is a must do.

Pros:

Lots of Info

Cons:

Lots of Standing

Reviewer: sandyl Review Date: 10/14/2016

On December 18th we took a tour of "behind the seeds' at the land in epcot - we had been talking about this your for years and finally got around to it. Our tour guide was "Eddie" - Eddie was very knowledgable, witty and everyone in the group enjoyed the tour very much (including the teenagers that were part of the group). Interesting and important to see how food can be grown in various eco-structures. Since we returned home, we have mentioned to a friends that will be going to WDW to take the time for this fun and informative tour and ask about having Eddie as their guide. The tour is a must.

Pros:

Very Informative

Reviewer: KarissaB1 Review Date: 09/17/2016

This tour was not only reasonable, it was very informative. It is roughly 1-1.25 hours long. Our guide was Chelsea. She was very informative throughout the tour. I highly recommend this tour for anyone who is into gardening, has a thirst for knowledge, or for anyone wanting to have your child encounter something educational while on the trip. You learn and see so many neat things. My daughter loved feeding the tilapia.

Pros:

Educational possibilities

Cons:

Heat

Reviewer: maze4 Review Date: 06/18/2016

I had booked this tour 180 days in advance along with carriage ride. I checked again at the 90 day mark no issues. I had coupon for discount which was noted. We arrived after eating at Garden Grill for breakfast as we wanted the first tour. My dh went to check us in and they couldn't find our ressies. I forgot to bring confirmation # with us so lesson learned. I do have to say the castmembers tried everything to locate this. My concern was that I had reserved it with a credit card so I didn't want it billed twice. I had to keep checking my bank account to make sure this didn't happen. Missed the first tour because of this which messed up our fast passes. We were able to get on the next tour and was very nice but since it was at noon it was very hot. You tour the greenhouses. I have read earlier posts where children are allowed to release butterflies. My dd7 was the only child so they didn't do this. She was able to feed the fish and taste cucumbers. Everyone enjoyed this tour and glad we did it.

Pros:

gained more knowledge

Cons:

issues with reservations

Reviewer: ars0525 Review Date: 01/11/2016

Sean was a great guide! He kept it fun & informative. We could ask anything. We had a blast! So glad we did it. It's like the ride, but in reverse order. Getting to see the plants up close & hear more details was fun. They also give info if you want to do your own growing/farming. I am not a gardener or biology person, but I really enjoyed it. And our tour lasted over an hour so it was well worth it!

Pros:

feeding fish, seeing plants up close

Cons:

—

Reviewer: dreams Review Date: 05/19/2015

We have always enjoyed the Living with the Land boat ride and have always wanted to take the tour. We have taken other Disney tours in the past and this trip we got to take the Greenhouse tour. Neither of us are gardeners but we enjoyed the tour very much. Our guide was Mel and she was very informative and pleasant. We did not get to release any ladybugs or feed the fish but we did get to taste the cucumbers. It was nice being able to take our time looking around the greenhouses. I find how they grow the plants fascinating. I don't know how interesting young children would find the tour, our tour consisted only of adults. Wish we received a tour pin at the end like other tours we have taken. I would recommend this tour to others.

Pros:

educational

Reviewer: beilfamily Review Date: 01/11/2015

We did this tour on 12/07/2014. Our guide was Kim and she was awesome. It was a great behind the scenes tour and very fun. If you are interested in gardening I highly recommend it. Little ones may be bored. Our kids are 14 & 11 and even though they would rather be riding rides I honestly think they got a kick out of this tour. Lots of interesting information.

Pros:

small group interaction

Cons:

not for little ones

Reviewer: featheredbuddy Review Date: 09/02/2014

Our guide was very informative throughout the tour and answered lots questions people had even small children. I have wanted to do the tour the last 5 times we were here. I am so glad I finally went.

Pros:

Lots of information