Reviews of Cape May Cafe Clam Bake Dinner

Beach Club

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/cape-may-cafe/dinner

All Ears® Review: http://allears.net/ae/issue374.htm

Reviewed by wattage Review Date: 02/18/2014

We ate at Cape May Café on Tuesday, February 11, 2014. Our ADR were at 6:50pm; we arrived at 6:54pm and had to wait about four minutes before we were seated. All three of us got the buffet (me, wife and 14yo daughter). On the buffett were peel and eat shrimp, steamed mussels, steamed clams, herb crusted salmon, and roast beef. There were also several sides such as mac & cheese, mashed potatoes and various breads.

The shrimp were just OK, no real flavor, but they were tender. The clams and mussels were good. They had some flavor and were very tender – not overly cooked. The roast beef was not tender at all and had no flavor – but this is a sea food buffet, not a steak house. The salmon was the best thing on the buffet. It was very good with lots of flavor and was moist and tender. I went back for seconds it was so good.

Our bill, for three adult buffets, and three sodas with tip came to $141!! What we had was not worth half that amount. My wife and I have decided that we’ll never come back to Cape May Café as the food quality does not justify the price.

Pros:

Service

Cons:

Quality and Quantity of Seafood

Reviewed by JennaDeeDooDah Review Date: 02/03/2014

I struggled on whether to choose yes or no as to whether or not I would recommend Cape May. On the one hand, there wasn't really anything WRONG with it. The food was perfectly adequate. I especially enjoyed the clams and the chowder. The kid's section was also good. Unfortunately, the atmosphere is practically non-existent. It was a basic restaurant not dissimilar to Golden Corral or any other family-style buffet you can eat at in your hometown. Because of that, I was disappointed. I am used to more from Disney. I wouldn't dine here again just because there are so many other options that offer more.

Pros:

Food was good

Cons:

I expect more from Disney

Reviewed by Brbrhark Review Date: 02/01/2014

I would rate this restaurant as Excellent for seafood; not so good for anything else. I am glad I went but probably would not bother again. I enjoyed the salmon and the salads but I am not really a seafood buff. My daughter and her husband love it but if we travel together again, I will definitely eat at another location while they go here. However, for seafood lovers it is a really good value.

Pros:

Lots of seafood

Cons:

Lots of seafood

Reviewed by JerseyShoregirl13 Review Date: 01/10/2014

Food was disappointing.

Pros:

Prime Rib

Cons:

Everything else

Reviewed by mamalydia Review Date: 12/18/2013

SEAFOOD, seafood, seafood! The shrimp, mussels, clams, crab legs all steamed to perfection! You are never rushed while you are having dinner, the servers are constantly cleaning up after you...especially your buckets full of clam/mussel shells..the dessert are delicious!! you have a variety of meats, side dishes, salads, soups and breads....so worth the price!!! We come for dinner every visit!! You will not be disappointed!!

Pros:

excellent food, excellent service

Reviewed by Motherhen Review Date: 12/12/2013

We ate here on 12/1. We've eaten here many times before and enjoyed it up until the past two years. The food quality continues to go downhill. The shellfish was especially poor. Many people were complaining that there was little to no meat in the crab legs. The mussels were full of broken shell fragments. The clams tasted off too. The selection of non-seafood was very limited.

Pros:

Pretty

Cons:

Terrible food quality

Reviewed by WDWAndy Review Date: 11/18/2013

If you like fresh seafood, this is the place for you at WDW. Crab legs and mussels were fantastic and the buffet options were wonderful for all ages. Service the night was slow with bringing out drinks. We were finished with our first plates before our drinks came out. Come hungry!

Pros:

Fresh Seafood, variety

Cons:

Slow Service

Reviewed by mishawnam Review Date: 11/11/2013

We visited here on Sept. 28, 2013 which was our third visit. If you like crablegs then this is a must. Although this is a smaller buffet there is enought variety. If you are not a seafood lover then I would recommend skipping this buffet. The crablegs were great, love the salad selections and LOVED the baked salmon. Our last visit, in Sept. 2010, we were less than thrilled with the desserts. However this visit they were among our favorites of our entire visit. Everyone in our group loved the custard with the berries. I personally loved the boston cream cake. All of the desserts were delicious. We also loved eating here because we love visiting the Beach Club Resort, so beautiful. We enjoyed a walk afterwards on the beach across from the Boardwalk. Our 2 year old daughter loved the boat rides to and from the resort. All in all Cape May is delicious and a must for our family for a Disney visit.

Pros:

Crablegs and Desserts

Cons:

Slower service

Reviewed by rjeast1 Review Date: 10/18/2013

We ate here on Oct 10 and overall enjoyed the meal. We were put in the room to the right as you enter the restaurant. At first I was not happy with the location but then once we went up to get our food I thought better of it. We were out of the crowd and the hustle and bustle and it was quieter eating. Next time I will ask for that room.

My husband always liked their spareribs that they did not have this time. He felt that they did not have as much to choose from. I was content with the food...all the seafood makes me happy. The cod I sort of tripped over since they had it in small pieces in the kid' meal section. I'm sure many people missed it.

Their salads are always good and were again this time. Their soup was delicious but I passed on the carrot soup.

Our waitress was not very friendly. I know they are very busy in here but that is not the fault of the customers. Usually the staff is friendly, at least from our experience. She also was very slow to come to our table.

We will however go back on one of our next trips to the World.

Pros:

Cons:

Less options

Reviewed by pop2 Review Date: 10/05/2013

Just got back on Sept 28th. This was our second time at Cape May. We go there for the crab legs. If you don't like seafood, this is not the buffet for you. I do feel like it wasn't as good as the first time, but it was still ok. I would go back because of the crab legs. I will say we got our moneys worth. Even the waitress commented and laughed with us about it. She had to keep emptying my husbands crab bucket. If you want to pig out on seafood, this is the place. I do have to say the chowder was to die for.!!!! I had almost 3 bowls. It is expensive, but ok if on dining plan. Rest of food ok.....typical for buffet food. Service was pretty good.

Pros:

all you can eat crab legs, seafood, chowder

Cons:

expensive