Reviews of Cape May Cafe Clam Bake Dinner

Beach Club

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/cape-may-cafe/dinner

All Ears® Review: http://allears.net/ae/issue374.htm

Reviewer: Oscar Review Date: 07/04/2018

Surprised to find huge platters of watermelon chunks and cantaloupe chunks where salads and cheeses used to be. Cheese is almost non-existent and very low quality. A huge part of the buffet area is covered with various types of breads -- cornbread was extremely dry -- which has pushed the carving station into a very small corner. The side dishes were very poor quality, casserole style, and mostly tasteless.The waitress indicated that they had made major changes two weeks ago. A different type of crab legs were also served. Hard to crack open. Regular crab legs were still good. Obviously, changes were not made to please customers, they were made to make more money.

Pros:

All You Care to Eat Crab Legs

Cons:

Changes in the menu and the preparation

Reviewer: jannielane Review Date: 03/27/2018

Cape May no longer offers the wide selection of foods every day that it used to offer, so check to make sure that they are serving what you want before making reservations. That said, the food is well prepared and plentiful. I tend to stick with crab legs, shrimp, any other shellfish, salads and vegetables, and have no reason to complain. Fin fish tends to be overcooked and ordinary. I've never tried any of the meat selections. Desserts are ordinary. This is not fine dining, but if you like unlimited seafood, it's a treat.

Be prepared for lots of little kids running all over the place. The restaurant was not all that loud, but kids really were running and not watching who they crashed into.

Pros:

Well prepared food

Cons:

Selection is reduced from past visits

Reviewer: The Papi Review Date: 02/25/2018

Maybe it was an "off" night, but the crab legs had very little meat and were extremely difficult to crack open. The shells were somewhat soft. It was all just OK, which is fine if you're on a free dining plan. But for us paying out of pocket, the value just wasn't there. We aren't huge eaters, so we did not feel we got our moneys worth. Disappointing because we loved this place in the past. :(

Pros:

Cons:

Quality of the crab legs & variety

Reviewer: ginny3 Review Date: 02/06/2018

We have never been disappointed. Selections galore and food quality superb.

Pros:

Awesome

Reviewer: margarita Review Date: 06/24/2017

Excellent food and service. Had a wide variety to choose from. Clam chowder was a real treat. Dessert selection was excellent as well. Visit this place our past 5 trips and it's always a winner.

Pros:

food/service

Cons:

Reviewer: Jessica527 Review Date: 02/20/2017

We always love Cape May Cafe and will continue to dine here each trip. The crab legs are to die for and are available Sunday and Wednesday nights. They are high quality and contain plenty of meat. The kids selection was good, especially for my toddler who loves seafood. I especially recommend the carving option that they have so you can enjoy "surf and turf" options. The service is always fantastic and I loved hearing that the waitress was there 24 years. That is an impressive length of stay for someone who loves their job. It is a convenient location if you are staying at an Epcot resort or from HS/Epcot parks.

Pros:

Crab Legs, Amazing Service & Selection

Cons:

Reviewer: KarissaB1 Review Date: 09/17/2016

The food here (if you like seafood) is always delicious and the selection is wonderful. We really enjoyed everything we ate. Our experience was not as good this time because of our waitress. At one point she disappeared for 25 minutes. I had to leave early with my daughter who did not feel well and had to go find a manager to let them know my husband would be handling the bill once the server was found.

Pros:

Selection

Cons:

Wait staff

Reviewer: vandort Review Date: 09/13/2015

We always eat at Cape May because we love seafood and we have also had great service. We did enjoy eating our dinner, but we were ill afterwards. My DD, who doesn't eat seafood, was fine. Honestly, I am really disappointed. I expect to pay more for a Disney experience, but I expect the experience to also be better than other non-Disney locations. I know that seafood needs to managed carefully to stay good, but this restaurant can definitely do better.

Pros:

Great selection and atmosphere

Cons:

sick after meal

Reviewer: kw1411 Review Date: 08/10/2015

I'm not a huge fan of buffets but we had to try Cape May for the the Crab Legs. We dined here on 7/24. Our reservation was for 5:45 and we got seated right away. Our server was very slow to greet us to take our drink order and I don't think she smiled once or said more than 5 words. Our family focused on the crab legs and they were probably some of the best we've had!!! Hot, always full on the buffet and easy to open. The steamed clams were very good and we also had the strip loin, perfect medium rare! The calamari and fried clams were a little too salty. The kids enjoyed the mini-cupcakes for dessert. I can't say we tried too many other items as the crab legs were our main focus. We almost went back a second time during our 9 day stay. This will be a must do for all future trips!!!

Pros:

Excellent crab legs

Cons:

Slow server

Reviewer: disneyhardin Review Date: 01/02/2015

We had a 5:00 ADR and it was perfect. We checked in just as the restaurant was opening and they must seat the guests at a rate of one table per server and then start around again because we were our server's only table for the first 15 or so minutes of the meal. It was great to have such spot on service.

The buffet was very good. I especially liked the salads and soups. We mostly stuck to the seafood offerings, but there also plenty of things for a non-seafood lover. Everything was very good. We will be back.

Pros:

Great service