Reviews of Cape May Cafe - Character Breakfast

Beach Club

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/cape-may-cafe/breakfast

Watch character breakfast review:

Reviewer: Nat Review Date: 09/30/2018

Love the choices and the characters at this all you can eat breakfast buffet.

Pros:

Food choices, characters

Cons:

Takes a long time to get the resort to resort by bus

Reviewer: feenie20 Review Date: 10/09/2017

We had fun meeting the characters, but I think I would have preferred a character lunch or dinner over breakfast. The price for eggs and bacon is a little hard to justify.

Pros:

character interaction

Cons:

price

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 06/07/2017

Had breakfast reservations here on Saturday, June 3rd at 9:10 am. We were seated about 20 minutes after our reservation time, which was no big deal. Our party consisted of me, my sister, my 17 year old daughter and 1 year old niece.

Our server was wonderful, even bringing my niece a cupcake at the end of our meal.

The food selection was excellent, fresh and delicious.

The character interaction was great. And all 3 (Minnie, Goofy and Donald) came around a few times.

Its been about 5 years since I've done this particular character meal, and found it to be just as wonderful this time around. I highly recommend it.

Pros:

Food Selection and Characters

Reviewer: debg32 Review Date: 05/29/2017

We had breakfast here 2 years ago and it was wonderful. We dined here on May 26th and it was the 2nd worst dining experience we had this trip. The food has definitely gone down hill. The best items I had were the mickey waffles and the fresh fruit. The eggs were runny and I think they may have been powdered eggs not fresh eggs. I really enjoyed the eggs with the chorizo sausage the last time. This time it was inedible. The bacon and sausage were good, but it is hard to ruin that. The characters did go table to table. We had a few minutes with Goofy and Donald, but we were lucky to get a wave and one picture with one person in our party of 7 with her. I don't think she took more than 30 seconds at our table. We will not be returning here in the future.

Reviewer: cmoranski Review Date: 05/01/2016

Breakfast was all delicious. Cinnamon rolls, chorizo eggs, asparagus all excellent. Large choice of item. Nutella, caramelized banana crepe was to die for. Excellent gracious service from beginning to end. Characters were great with our 15 month old granddaughter who was watching Mickey Mouse clubhouse while she ate. She was a little startled to see them on the iPhone and then have them standing behind her. It was a magical morning just like Disney used to be. Just a little too pricey.

Pros:

Food, cast, characters

Reviewer: ajrob Review Date: 02/09/2015

Party of 3 had ADR in December. We were seated fast and began getting up for breakfast, when goofy came over, I didn't even have my camera out. Characters felt a bit rushed around the room. Food was good enough and there were some good choices. Wait staff was wonderful, when I told her we were rushed through Goofy, she went and got him to come back. Very nice. Just ok though, might give it another try next year.

Pros:

wait staff, characters

Cons:

—

Reviewer: SNC Review Date: 12/02/2014

My husband and I attended this breakfast on Thanksgiving Day. Oddly enough, this was decidedly more fun and less childish than our "romantic=expensive" dinner in Cinderella's Castle a few days before. Our waitress was lovely and helpful the entire time. We took pictures with Goofy and Donald and Minnie (Minnie could have spent a few more seconds with us, she ran off rather quick and I did not like the picture). They wear the cutest little sailor outfits which go with the Beach Club theme. There are also reproductions of vintage bathing suits and cases with sand castle sculptures throughout the dining room. It's cute! The food was OK. I have been to the Cape May Dinner Buffet, and found it much better in quality. But there are plentiful Mickey waffles with fresh strawberries, bacon, sausage, biscuits, freshly carved ham, and three wonderful kinds of smoked salmon and bagels. They also had the BEST mini chocolate chip muffins I have ever tasted. The eggs were very runny, which I was disappointed with, however as we were leaving I saw them refill this station and the eggs looked fluffy and well-cooked, so you never know. I also believe this one is a bit more affordable than some of the character breakfasts in other Disney locations. Try it, I think boys and girls would both like it!

Pros:

Characters come to EVERY table, mini chocolate muffins amazing, great service

Cons:

food could be a bit better for the price

Reviewer: AlexMcG Review Date: 11/23/2014

Visited Nov 16, 2014
We decided this was our fav buffet and best breakfast all week. We were in the last seating and the place was packed. It started clearing out soon after we got there. But everything on the buffet was fresh and plentiful!
I spoke to the chef about my gluten allergy and I was good to go!
Chorizo cheese eggs, GF Mickey waffles, frittata, bacon, sausage, smoked salmon, fresh fruit ..... I'm getting hungry just thinking of it!
The characters did a nice stop at each table, not rushed.
Plus we had a nice walk around the resort and the beach. Lovely sunny day to see the view at a deluxe resort!

Pros:

Fun characters, polite staff, freshest and best buffet all week

Cons:

Tight squeeze around buffet in a wheelchair/scooter

Reviewer: klp1015 Review Date: 08/24/2014

First time here for breakfast, although have had dinner many times. I thought the food choices were plentiful and very good. My DGD14 loved the cheesy grits! Mickey waffles-YUM!! The characters were a lot of fun, spent lots of time for pictures. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and not crowded the day we were there. From there we walked to Epcot to spend our last full day.

Pros:

Location, Characters

Reviewer: bart Review Date: 08/04/2014

Other than crab meat being difficult to remove from shell the place is great

Pros:

love the place

Cons:

crab meat doeant come out of shell like other restay=urants you have to crack every shell or use a scissor