Reviews of Cape May Cafe Clam Bake Dinner

Read prices, menu items, and more about Cape May Cafe

Services: Buffet/All You Care to Eat

Reviewed by JerseyShoregirl13 Review Date: 01/10/2014

Food was disappointing.

Pros:

Prime Rib

Cons:

Everything else

Reviewed by vandort Review Date: 09/13/2015

We always eat at Cape May because we love seafood and we have also had great service. We did enjoy eating our dinner, but we were ill afterwards. My DD, who doesn't eat seafood, was fine. Honestly, I am really disappointed. I expect to pay more for a Disney experience, but I expect the experience to also be better than other non-Disney locations. I know that seafood needs to managed carefully to stay good, but this restaurant can definitely do better.

Pros:

Great selection and atmosphere

Cons:

sick after meal

Reviewed by Motherhen Review Date: 12/12/2013

We ate here on 12/1. We've eaten here many times before and enjoyed it up until the past two years. The food quality continues to go downhill. The shellfish was especially poor. Many people were complaining that there was little to no meat in the crab legs. The mussels were full of broken shell fragments. The clams tasted off too. The selection of non-seafood was very limited.

Pros:

Pretty

Cons:

Terrible food quality

Reviewed by momtoone Review Date: 04/18/2014

This was our first time to Cape May and were super excited for the buffet. However, the food wasn't overly exciting. The salmon and chicken were very dry. Our 4 year old son also didn't eat much. The waiter and waitress assigned to our area barely spoke two words to us. It was especially disappointing when we got the bill and it was over $100 for two adults and 4 year who ate two bites. Definitely won't be returning.

Pros:

were able to get us in an hour before our actual reservation time

Cons:

overpriced and dry food

Reviewed by wattage Review Date: 02/18/2014

We ate at Cape May Café on Tuesday, February 11, 2014. Our ADR were at 6:50pm; we arrived at 6:54pm and had to wait about four minutes before we were seated. All three of us got the buffet (me, wife and 14yo daughter). On the buffett were peel and eat shrimp, steamed mussels, steamed clams, herb crusted salmon, and roast beef. There were also several sides such as mac & cheese, mashed potatoes and various breads.

The shrimp were just OK, no real flavor, but they were tender. The clams and mussels were good. They had some flavor and were very tender – not overly cooked. The roast beef was not tender at all and had no flavor – but this is a sea food buffet, not a steak house. The salmon was the best thing on the buffet. It was very good with lots of flavor and was moist and tender. I went back for seconds it was so good.

Our bill, for three adult buffets, and three sodas with tip came to $141!! What we had was not worth half that amount. My wife and I have decided that we’ll never come back to Cape May Café as the food quality does not justify the price.

Pros:

Service

Cons:

Quality and Quantity of Seafood

Reviewed by Oscar Review Date: 07/04/2018

Surprised to find huge platters of watermelon chunks and cantaloupe chunks where salads and cheeses used to be. Cheese is almost non-existent and very low quality. A huge part of the buffet area is covered with various types of breads -- cornbread was extremely dry -- which has pushed the carving station into a very small corner. The side dishes were very poor quality, casserole style, and mostly tasteless.The waitress indicated that they had made major changes two weeks ago. A different type of crab legs were also served. Hard to crack open. Regular crab legs were still good. Obviously, changes were not made to please customers, they were made to make more money.

Pros:

All You Care to Eat Crab Legs

Cons:

Changes in the menu and the preparation

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 05/30/2014

Service was great. The food was pretty good, but not great. You really have to eat a lot of the crab legs to get the value from this meal. It is very, very expensive. I don't think we will be back for dinner.

Reviewed by JennaDeeDooDah Review Date: 02/03/2014

I struggled on whether to choose yes or no as to whether or not I would recommend Cape May. On the one hand, there wasn't really anything WRONG with it. The food was perfectly adequate. I especially enjoyed the clams and the chowder. The kid's section was also good. Unfortunately, the atmosphere is practically non-existent. It was a basic restaurant not dissimilar to Golden Corral or any other family-style buffet you can eat at in your hometown. Because of that, I was disappointed. I am used to more from Disney. I wouldn't dine here again just because there are so many other options that offer more.

Pros:

Food was good

Cons:

I expect more from Disney

Reviewed by samjayhawk Review Date: 03/17/2013

Ate here tonight, March 16th, and it was just OK. Seafood chowder, marinated seafood salad, and peel & eat shrimp were great starters but the rest of the seafood was just OK. The crab legs tasted good when you could get to the meat. I expected they would be small crab legs and that is fine. However, they need to give you shears to cut them open instead of crackers because most of the legs are too small for the crackers.

Service was good and our waitress was really nice.

We checked in 10 minutes early for our ADR but were seated 15 minutes after our ADR time. Not surprising in WDW but still needs to be mentioned.

Pretty disappointed in Allears for some misinformation on their menu that says it is from last month. Our waitress said they haven't had fried shrimp on Saturdays for months and they haven't had Oreo Bon Bons for a year and a half! How can a menu on this website be from last month with those glaring errors?

We are glad we tried it but won't go back. It just is not worth the price.

ALLEARS: Sorry we disappointed you. We work had to keep the menus updated. We changed the date on the menu when we also update prices. We can't possibly go to every place at WDW and depend on our readers to let us know if things have changed on buffets. We also note on the menus: Sample Menu Actual selections may vary from this menu

Pros:

Seafood chowder, peel & eat shrimp, waitress

Cons:

Price, no Oreo Bon Bons

Reviewed by hello12345 Review Date: 06/02/2014

This was a 4th time eating at Cape May. Made a same day reservation on 05/31. Made the reservation at 4:45pm for 8:10pm. Arrived at about 7:10pm and got seated around 7:30pm. Food quality was good. Roast beef, salmon, pasta was all good. Buffet had limited selection. It's actually kind of small. I don't think the price of this buffet is worth it due to the limited selection. They have also scaled back the number of desserts being offered. It appears the scaling back of items is a standard Disney tactic lately. I dished out $120 before tip for 2 adults/2 kids.

Pros:

Good Quality

Cons:

limted selection and price

Other topics in Beach Club