Reviews of Beaches and Cream

View Menus at Beaches and Cream Soda Shop Dining Location

Counter or Full Service - Lunch/Dinner/Snacks

Lunch-Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/beaches-and-cream-soda-shop/lunch-dinner
Snacks Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/beaches-and-cream-soda-shop/snacks

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

I ate here when I got into the resort late and all the other eating places other than sit down were closed. I had the grilled cheese and soup. Perfect comfort meal after a day of flying in. Had fun watching a family try to finish the kitchen sink sunday,

Pros:

Good everything

Reviewer: Laura R Review Date: 09/30/2018

Never have a trip to the World without going to Beaches and Cream. The chili and onion rings are my favorites for the hot food, and I dream of the No Way Jose.

Pros:

Excellent ice cream, great service

Cons:

Very small and hard to get a reservation

Reviewer: survivoramy Review Date: 09/30/2018

To do the sitdown experience you must make a reservation well in advance. But it is worth it. Our server was amazing! 2 of us ordered ice cream sundae concoctions and one tried something with Sunshine it the name (sherbet based). She HATED it. I tried it and it was weird and not sweet at all. Our server noticed and offered to bring her a traditional soda float instead. She like that much better and I liked that he was intuitive about it. My sundae was the chocolate PB one and it was soooo good. We all had more than we needed for sure. If we had a bigger eater with us we would have tried the Kitchen Sink. Next time...

Pros:

Great service, yummy ice cream

Cons:

Small and can be cramped for bigger people/larger parties, must secure reservation well in advance to dine in.

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

great ice cream

Pros:

loved the ice cream and using a Disney dining plan its a very generous snack. Huge ice cream cones.

Cons:

the place is kind of small inside.

Reviewer: ndrachel Review Date: 09/27/2018

Great place for solo dining. Loved the old fashioned soda fountain counter seating. Waitress was friendly and it was fun to watch all the desserts being made.

Pros:

Good food, fun atmosphere especially if a group orders the Kitchen Sink

Cons:

Can be a little hard to get an ADR, but be persistent, one opened up for me the day before.

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

one of our favorite places to go!! Great food and ice cream. Love the quaint diner feel

Pros:

great food and great service

Cons:

hard to get reservations and can be very noisey

Reviewer: patersonprattle Review Date: 06/10/2018

We've always wanted to try the Kitchen Sink, but how to squeeze it in? We've been to Beaches and Cream for burgers, fries, and shakes, all of which are yummy, but leave no room for dessert afterwards. So this trip, I was strategic in my planning. We had an early lunch at Sunshine Seasons, and didn't have dinner planned til late evening, so when a 4:20 Beaches and Cream popped up, I grabbed it. We would head to Beach Club for the Kitchen Sink only! There were 5 ice cream eaters in our party. We ordered the Chocolate Lovers Kitchen Sink. We did ask for the snickers bar pieces on the side, and also asked if we could add Mint Chocolate Chip to the sundae, both requests we were told, could be easily accommodated. When our Sundae arrived though, the snickers weren't there, and neither was the Mint CC. We didn't really mind, and we didn't bother to ask for it to be remade. We were there for the experience, and it wasn't a big deal that a few things didn't go exactly perfect. Our waitress also forgot to bring us bowls, though she did remember the giant serving ladle. That's the spoon my oldest son ate the sundae with! The others used the small spoons, but everyone just ate out of the sink! We didn't mind that there weren't bowls. It just added to the fun of the experience! The ice cream was enjoyed by all, and YES, they finished the entire thing!

Pros:

Kitchen Sink Experience

Cons:

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 02/12/2018

I have dined here several times and enjoyed it, but our most recent excursion for dinner was not as great as past visits. Our party of five was seated quickly for our 8:10 reservation in February 2018. Now, most of us are "Pooh sized" and they had us squashed into one of the booths. They look larger than they are with five people sitting there. I was up against the wall and could barely move my arms and had to awkwardly twist myself to talk to my companions.

Our server, was friendly enough but seemed rushed and not like she was enjoying herself. This wasn't the type of service I've come to expect. One of our party asked for a glass of ginger ale and our server seemed to be complaining that she would need to go next door to get it from the bar at the Yacht Club. She said she was only telling us so we would know it would take her a little while, but why does it matter where it comes from?

I had the grilled cheese and tomato bisque and it was great, as always, one of my favorite meals. Everyone else enjoyed their food as well. We split the Kitchen Sink and couldn't finish it but what we did eat was very good.

I do still recommend this restaurant but it will likely be a while before I return.

Pros:

Food and ice cream good as always

Cons:

Service seemed forced and like they weren't enjoying it

Reviewer: Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 08/31/2017

Always a good meal here at a decent price (for Disney standards). Can't leave without a No Way Jose sundae!

Pros:

Cons:

Reviewer: Tanasigirl Review Date: 09/27/2016

We ate a late lunch here on September 14, 2016, after a day at Typhoon Lagoon. My hubby had to be very persistent and check often for an open reservation time. If you don't have a reservation, you will wait. It is a small space.

The decor is old-fashioned, seaside ice cream parlor. Bright colors, white and blue tile and such.

We shared a Grilled Cheese and Tomato Bisque combo. When I go again, I will get my own. It was amazing and I would have loved more. Then we shared a No Way Jose, which has to be shared. I saw someone eat one by themselves and I'm not sure how they did that. It was massive. It's a hot fudge sundae with a big dollop of peanut butter. I can still taste it!

It may be a bit hard to get to unless you are staying in the Boardwalk area. We were staying at PORS and had a car, so we drove. The Beach Club has limited parking and we had to let them know we had a restaurant reservation in order to gain entry. Otherwise, you could take a bus to Hollywood Studios Park and then the boat to the Yacht and Beach Club. It would be a time-consuming, but nice trip.

Pros:

Grilled cheese and No Way Jose

Cons:

Small and tight seating