Recipes Frushi Hanami – Japan Epcot Flower & Garden Festival ’13
2 cups sushi rice, cooked per package directions
1 tablespoon cream of coconut
16 soy wrappers
16 fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
1/2 cantaloupe, cut into four-inch-long by 1/4-inch-wide rectangles
1/2 pineapple, peeled and cored cut into four-inch-long by 1/4-inch-wide rectangles
toasted coconut, for garnish
Method of Preparation
1. Let sushi rice cool slightly; stir in cream of coconut. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
2. Lay one soy wrapper on a flat surface. Place about 1/4 cup sushi rice on the soy wrapper, pressing with moistened fingers to cover the whole sheet.
3. Place one piece each of pineapple and cantaloupe, and four pieces of strawberry in the center of the rice-covered sheet.
4. Starting at one end, fold about 1/3 of the roll up, then roll the sheet into a cylinder, keeping the fruit in the middle. Moisten soy wrapper to seal.
5. Cut into 4 equal pieces. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
6. Garnish with toasted coconut.