Recipes Beef Short Ribs Sanaa Animal Kingdom Lodge
3 to 4 pound of short ribs, cleaned
4 tablespoons olive oil blend, divided
½ cup large diced Spanish onion
½ cup sliced celery stalks
¾ cup red wine
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon sliced ginger
1 each cinnamon stick, broken
½ tablespoon whole cloves
1 tablespoon crushed cardamom
1 tablespoon coriander seed
½ tablespoon cumin seed
1 each bay leaf
¼ crush thyme
¾ cup chicken stock
¾ cup veal demi-glaze
To taste kosher salt
To taste black pepper
Method of preparation:
1. Season short ribs with salt, pepper and oil.
2. In a large skillet, add olive oil until smoking. Quickly add ribs and sear until all 4 sides are golden brown. Set aside.
3. Add vegetables to skillet and caramelize 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Add herbs and spices and cook an additional 5 minutes.
5. Deglaze pan with wine. Reduce until ¼ of the mixture remains. Remove from heat.
6. Place veggies in a large pan, add the vegetable, spices and wine mixture. Lay ribs on top.
7. Add chicken stock and demi-glaze.
8. Bake at 350° oven until the ribs are done.