Reviews of Satu'li Canteen

Dining in Pandora, opened May 27, 2017

Breakfast Menu:

Lunch/Dinner Menu:

Reviewer: disfam4 Review Date: 09/27/2018

Visited here on a Sunday. Park was not overly crowded,lines were short and a table was easy to find. Food was fabulous! Our favorite counter service meal. My husband had the beef bowl with rice and green onion sauce. I had the chicken with hearty salad and black bean vinaigrette. The hearty salad had kale, spinach, black beans, cauliflower, broccoli and seasoned grape tomatoes. We were completely satisfied with the taste and portion but not left feeling full because the food is so good for you.

Pros:

Portion size, taste, beverage refill station

Cons:

None, we loved it!

Reviewer: Susan Kowalski Review Date: 09/26/2018

The food here was absolutely delicious! The atmosphere is nice and calming with a beautiful instrumental soundtrack playing in the background. They have a very large indoor, air-conditioned area to sit and eat your meal and the layout of the tables allow for a nice conversation areas.

Most of the meals come in 'bowl' form. I had the beef, rice and onion chimichanga sauce bowl. It was better than anything I've had to eat at Disney in a long time. The beef is cooked perfectly and sliced thin like you would have an a roast beef sandwich. It was lots of rice and it also came with a side of slaw. The portion was excellent! Plenty to fill you up.

They also offer a beverage bar. This allows you to have as much as you would like to drink with your meal. They also have actual silverware to eat your meal with. Both are Big bonuses for Disney - where most food is fast food style with plastic utensils.

They even have employees walking around to take your trays and to get your refills on your drinks.

I can't recommend this location highly enough! I will definitely eat here every time I come to animal kingdom in the future.

There's also staff walking around to help the customers.

Pros:

Free drink refills; real plates and cutlery; indoor and outdoor seating

Cons:

None! This is my favorite place to eat at WDW!

Reviewer: KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

After a disastrous attempt at food at Pizzafari we went here where we had the best counter service meal of our recent vacation. The younger ones had the pods and ate every bite. We tried the various bowls and tried each others. All were good. And something I noticed just having left Pizzafari. It is a lot cleaner and the people seemed happier to be working there.

Reviewer: PolynesianStitch Review Date: 06/17/2018

Very tasty blueberry mousse dessert.
Much appreciated air conditioning. A little difficult to find a place to sit

Pros:

blueberry mousse dessert

Reviewer: JessicaBonnell Review Date: 02/13/2018

Everything was great! We ate there twice during our last trip. We had the grilled chicken bowl, with the potato hash and herb sauce and the steamed cheeseburger pods. Also, the kids hot dog & quesadilla. The hot dog was excellent! It was a real beef dog, not a cheapo kind. It also had a sticky sweet dough on the outside. We also got a blueberry cheesecake, because we wanted to see what it was like! It looked awesome...just like the pictures. And it tasted great too! Everything was excellent!

Pros:

Great Food

Reviewer: dizneydaz Review Date: 09/30/2017

My 17 y/o daughter and I ate dinner here the week of Sept. 11th. We also stopped by a few days earlier for just a soda.

When you walk in there are 2 signs. One if you ordered ahead and one if you didn't. Be aware that CM are stationed to stop you from coming in if you aren't eating.

We both had the roast beef bowl. I had the sweet potato and red potato hash and she had the mix of whole-grain and rice. We both ordered our sauce on the side. I had the charred onion chimichurri and she had the creamy herb dressing. Both sauces were good.

The servings were large. We could have shared. We weren't able to finish-and I tried! I really enjoyed my hash. Besides the potatoes there were onions and peppers. So good! Too me the rice was a little dry (better with sauce poured on?) but she enjoyed it.

The beef was so good! Great flavor and rare just like I like! The slaw was also tasty. The boba was interesting-we each ate one plain. A little sour. The rest just disappeared into the food.

You serve yourself your soda-which I love! Refills!

We would eat here again.

Pros:

Good food. Large Serving. Refillable Sodas. Interesting Decor. Lots of Seating-Indoors and Out

Reviewer: GinaDD Review Date: 08/25/2017

My husband and I really enjoyed this counter service. Choices of protein, base (veggies, potato, etc.) and sauce are offered. It's little tricky to know which flavors together will work best . I loved the sustainable fish over the sweet and red potato mash. I also liked that the meals were served on actual ceramic type bowls and flat-ware instead of more throw-away stuff. Would love to go back sometime.

Pros:

Inventive flavors and foods

Cons:

might be tough for picky eaters

Reviewer: dona71 Review Date: 06/12/2017

The food is VERY tasty, lots of unique flavor combinations in the bowls. The portions were generous. We had one chicken bowl, one beef bowl, and one fish bowl. All 3 were very good, and we each had a favorite. There is a good bit of lemon in the herb dressing, which I love, but could be too much for some. We also shared a blueberry cream cheese mousse after we saw someone else with one and were curious. It looks very strange, but is super fruity, light and refreshing. Definitely use the mobile ordering option, as we had almost finished our meals before some people had even gotten through the lines.

Pros:

Food, mobile ordering, lots of indoor seating

Reviewer: Sweetypi Review Date: 05/17/2017

We had the chance to eat here during cast member preview day. (I am not a cast member) I thought the food was great. Very fresh, healthy and delicious. I had the beef, over the whole grain and rice with creamy herb dressing and my husband had the grilled chicken over quinoa & veggie salad with black bean vinegarette. Although we try to eat healthy we aren't health nuts and found they were both great. I thought the food prices were actually reasonable for the amount received especially for Disney but the pandorian sunrise drink, although very good, was overpriced as you got a small plastic cup of more ice than drink but overall I think it is my new favorite at Animal Kingdom

Pros:

Food, theming

Cons:

Specialty drinks a little expensive