Reviews of Flame Tree Barbecue

View Menus at Flame Tree BBQ Dining Location

Read more about Flame Tree Barbecue here including a link to the menu: http://allears.net/dining/location/flame-tree-bbq

Counter Service - Lunch/Dinner/Snacks
Discovery Island - Animal Kingdom

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

We always have to have the ribs here. Since they remodeled the service is so fast.
The predator/prey theme of the eating areas are very clever.

Pros:

good food

Reviewer: Sandy Review Date: 09/30/2018

Pretty good for a quick service meal. Not a whole lot of choices that we care for at AK, this is usually our go to.

Pros:

Decent food

Cons:

seating

Reviewer: Foodrocks Review Date: 09/30/2018

We went here for breakfast (2 adults and 2 daughters 15 and 11 years). The food has been better in the past. There used to be so much variety before. This was very disappointing. Now it is just the usual food. Eggs, Mickey waffles and nothing special.

Pros:

The characters are great here. Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy. If you want to see the characters and don't want to wait in line, this is the way to go. We enjoy the food here more than at Chef Mickey's.

Cons:

The change in menu. Used to be more variety in the past. They used to serve blintzes and other items that you couldn't find elsewhere but now just basic food.

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Best quick service in AK. Wide selection and huge portions. This is a place I feel you get what you pay for, or for dining credits is a great quick service.

Pros:

Huge portions, great good, good price

Cons:

None unless you don't like BBQ

Reviewer: morgaa2 Review Date: 09/29/2018

Food is good value for dining plan. My husband enjoys the ribs, but they also have good healthier options. This is our go-to for quick service when at Animal Kingdom

Pros:

Good dining plan value and good selection of options

Cons:

There is a large amount of seating overlooking water but large birds are a huge problem here and will come right up to you while you are eating. Some people may enjoy this; I can't stand it and often take my meal somewhere else to eat.

Reviewer: Nikki Murry Review Date: 09/28/2018

Always a must-do for us, me and my 13-year-old son, that is. I enjoy the pulled pork sandwich with baked beans and bbq sauces at the stations to try. We always try to get a seat by the fountain where we can see Everest in the background and watch the birds and ducks.

Pros:

Delicious food, outdoor seating

Cons:

Lines can be long during mealtimes

Reviewer: Eeyorelover6977 Review Date: 09/28/2018

I eat here at least once on every trip. I order the chicken and ribs combo and enjoy in very much. My son Loved the BBQ sandwich.

Pros:

Big portions

Cons:

Birds

Reviewer: dvcfan Review Date: 09/27/2018

Great counter-service spot with wonderful outdoor seating.

Pros:

Great food and tasty BBQ. Good options for grownups and kids. Lots of quiet, covered, picturesque places to sit by water with lovely views across the park.

Cons:

For guests who don't enjoy sitting outside, it might not work as well.

Reviewer: Susan Kowalski Review Date: 09/26/2018

What a great counter service location at Disney's Animal Kingdom (AK). This was my first time to eat at this location and I was very impressed. They offer sampler plates, but my cashier did not recommend the ribs, so I went with the 1/2 Chicken dinner. I decided to go ahead with the standard sides (beans, coleslaw and cornbread) but I could have substituted broccoli for any of the sides. I LOVED the chicken and really liked the coleslaw and cornbread. I think I would have enjoyed the broccoli more than the beans, but they were still good.

I would definitely eat here again!!

Pros:

Great food and plenty of it in my meal.

Cons:

Only outdoor seating

Reviewer: JessicaBonnell Review Date: 09/26/2018

This is always a solid choice for a great meal. We have never had anything that wasn't great. I especially like the children's chicken sandwich, and wish there was an adult version. The macaroni with pulled pork was excellent, as was the combo platter. The onion rings are terrific, and the order has always been large. If you don't have big eaters, the entrees here can totally be shared among two people. There is always plenty of seating, and you can have an awesome view of Everest while you eat!

Pros:

quality of food amount of food ample seating

Cons:

people feeding birds