Reviews of Satu'li Canteen

Dining in Pandora, opened May 27, 2017

Breakfast Menu:

Lunch/Dinner Menu:

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 12/31/2018

The food here is terrible. I am not sure why everyone loves this place but it isn't my cup of tea.

The sauces and seasonings are way too strong. So are the drinks. The seating has so many restrictions posted on the tables it is hard to find a seat even when it isn't busy.

The cast members didn't seem to like their jobs at all and it showed in their experiences.

Pros:

The dessert was pretty good.

Cons:

Food, drinks, seating, service.

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 02/18/2019

Love the decor and shade. My daughter and I loved our choices, but my husband was unhappy with his (but he is picky when it comes to different food).

Pros:

Daughter and I loved it!

Cons:

Not for everyone

Reviewer: ADJ Review Date: 02/16/2019

I had the chili-spiced tofu with black beans and rice and charred onion vinaigrette. The tofu wasn't very "chili" but was lightly fried just right. I would love to have had more black beans; the black beans and rice come already mixed up so you can't request just one or the other. The vinaigrette, which is really more like a sauce, was very good! Slightly citrus, slightly herb, nicely onion, just right. I would love to have had a little more of it. Mom had the Teylu hot dog with a side of vegetable chips and grapes. The hot dog is baked inside a wrapping of dough, sort of like a crescent roll dough; she said the baked wrapping was hard to cut, but otherwise it was good (I thought it was a fun, different take on a hot dog).
I had a Pandoran Sunrise which was tasty, maybe a little on the sweet side. The portions were just about the right size to get happily full. Some fun notes about the restaurant: there are a few large tables marked as "shared seating." Don't hesitate to sit here and make some new friends! Also, this is the only QS restaurant I've seen that uses "real" dishes (that look like large leaves) and flatware. The food is just exotic enough to be a fun change, but not crazy enough to be scary or weird.

Pros:

Great, tasty, fun food in a lovely setting. Diverse choices to fit a variety of preferences or dietary needs.

Cons:

Would love to see the black beans and rice as separate offerings (and a larger proportion of beans). Hot dog wrapping is tough to cut.

Reviewer: patersonprattle Review Date: 06/10/2018

Satu'li is the newest addition to AK quick service, located in Pandora. The Combination Bowl - grilled beef and chicken topped with crunchy vegetable slaw and boba balls served with your choice of base and sauce $15.99, is so yummy, with both the steak and chicken cooked to perfection. I chose to have it with the Base: Hearty Salad and Sauce: Charred Green Onion Vinaigrette. My sons both had the burger pods. They also both enjoyed the Hawkes' Grog Ale - draft beer, green in color, with a fruity hop character including apricot and peach with a hint of wheat on the finish; 16 oz $8.25; 22 oz $9.50. It is quickly becoming one of our favorite quick service restaurants.

Pros:

Great fresh food

Reviewer: ars0525 Review Date: 10/02/2017

I ate here Sunday (10-1) about 11:30am. When I walked in there wasn't any lines, but I noticed people coming in after me. Easy process to order. I got the kids meal chicken bowl. It was rice & some chicken with the cabbage stuff on top. It was pretty basic & no sauce was served with it (do you ask for that or I missed it somewhere?). I liked the smaller size which was plenty for me. There was no boba balls (what are those?) even though I see now the menu says there should have been? I got a pop which you are able to fill on your own so I did again before I left. There was plenty of seating indoors & I had no problem finding a table for myself. I would eat here again.

Pros:

fast process, easy to order, simple menu

Reviewer: Collette Review Date: 07/14/2017

I love trying unusual foods, and the idea of putting together a bowl was really cool. The chile-spiced crispy fried tofu could have been a little crispier and a little spicier for me, but with the black bean vinaigrette over the quinoa and vegetables (lettuces and kales, mostly) it was very flavorful. The grilled beef with a chimichurri sauce over rice was also very good. These actually were more like salads than hot dinner entrees, though. The Pandoran Sunrise was very disappointing, and even the Dreamwalker Sangria was a disappointment, because it was mostly ice. The blueberry mousse was a pleasant surprise, as it tastes very good. The chocolate cake was disappointing, as it is dry and bitter. The lines did not take long at all for the peak of dinnertime in the middle of July, and the indoor seating is fine. We did not use the mobile ordering option.

Pros:

Tasty create-your-own bowls

Cons:

Lousy drinks

Reviewer: nlg0517 Review Date: 12/20/2018

The food here was very good! Probably the best QS at WDW. We have picky eaters and they were very satisfied with their selections. DS 16 did the beef with rice and beans. He didn’t like the slaw & boba on it. So keep in mind you can have that held if you aren’t interested. My DH has the beef with salad base and thought it had great flavor. The steak was quite tender for a QS restaurant. I had The chicken with salad and really like the charred onion dressing with the dish. DD 13 ordered the kids quesadilla, it was pretty basic but she was satisfied. She would have liked to have sour cream with it but settled for the onion dressing that I had. The Moara margarita was very tasty. One of the best things about this restaurant is how quiet it was inside. This was a very busy day at AK. The outside seating was jammed packed and noisy but once we got inside and found a table I was surprised at how quiet it was. The inside was very full to but I think all the partial walls & art helped deaden the noise. Overall this was a good experience

Pros:

Good food. Mobile ordering quiet for a QS

Reviewer: jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

Our first time eating here on 11/2/18. It was really good! We had the build your own bowls with beef and chicken, the potato hash is delicious. They accommodated my turmeric allergy and let me know to avoid the herb dressing. The kids were not fans of the cheeseburger pods but I tried them and they were delicious. It was cool to see them grilling chicken in the open kitchen area. The blueberry mousse dessert was wonderful and light. We will return

Pros:

Good food, great allergy info

Cons:

A little loud, dining area had a weird layout

Reviewer: mangoman18 Review Date: 09/30/2018

This is a great counter restaurant. My wife and I both had the chicken bowls. I had rice with the creamy herb dressing and my wife got the salad with the green onion vinaigrette. I think the creamy herb is the way to here but both options were good. We went at noon and were still able to easily find seating. They are really attentive to the tables making sure everyone had everything they needed and clearing tables
immediately for the next parties. I ordered the sangria and felt it was a little too sweet but it was fine, nothing i would back.

Pros:

Chicken bowls, seating options, and service

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/27/2018

I was honestly shocked with how good this was when I hit Pandora for the first time. The mix of flavors and textures was unique and a great touch to variety at AK for food.

Pros:

Quality of the food, Flavors