Reviews of Plaza Inn Lunch/Dinner

Plaza Inn Lunch/Dinner

Reviewer: Ptorquemada Review Date: 05/05/2015

This was not our first choice; we wanted to go to the Rancho del Zocalo, but we went up after work, and by the time we got around to thinking about dinner it had closed. There was a sign directing people to the Plaza Inn, and it had been a while since we've been to DL, so we went there.

I've eaten at the Plaza Inn before, and I remembered them having a wider selection (maybe I'm wrong), but now what they have as far as hot food goes is pasta, chicken, fish, and pot roast. There's also a couple of kinds of salads.

I had the pasta; it was okay but not spectacular, and the portion size seemed a bit skimpy for the price.

My wife originally wanted the pot roast, but the look of the gravy made her suspicious, so she asked. Yes, it has mushrooms in it, and yes, it's cooked in the gravy. She's allergic to some kinds of mushrooms, so that was out; she only likes certain kinds of fish (and whatever they had wasn't one of them), and she wanted something hot, so that left chicken.

She liked the chicken and the potatoes. The vegetable was green beans, which she usually likes, but she didn't care for these. The chicken was good, well cooked and not dry, and the portion size was ample; she couldn't finish it (I don't really like fried chicken, but I had a bite of hers and it was pretty good).

All in all ... meh. It certainly wasn't inedible, but I'm not chomping at the bit to go back either. If you really love fried chicken, then maybe this is right up your alley; for pasta, Redd Rockett's has that for $4 less (they don't have Bolognese sauce, but I don't like it THAT much better than marinara anyway).

Pros:

Large portions (on the chicken)

Cons:

Not much variety

Reviewer: MWS Review Date: 01/23/2019

Two of us split the fried chicken dinner, it was enough food for both of us. The chicken was very good and served with mashed potatoes and green beans. It was one of the best meals we had our entire trip. There was a line to enter the eatery, but it moved quickly and finding the correct line for your entrée and sides can be a little confusing at first. The menu is small and is served cafeteria style. We could not find an open table inside, so we sat on a small patio just outside the door. It was cold out but there are heaters inside the lamps which made it much more comfortable to sit outside.

Pros:

Price

Cons:

Seating, very crowded

Reviewer: meltort Review Date: 03/23/2015

We all ordered the fried chicken. We had eaten a big breakfast so didn't eat lunch. It was now about 7:30 p.m. and we were all starving. We had plenty of food on this platter.

We had 3 pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans and a biscuit. You can get packages of honey or jelly for your biscuit. The batter on the chicken was really good and it was nice and hot. The mashed potatoes had skins in them and the gravy was delicious. The green beans were fresh and were tasty also. The white breast chicken was dry but I dipped it in my gravy. Yum!

You can get water in a cup and not have to pay for it. You do have to purchase bottled water but if you get water out of the drink fountain, it's free.

Pros:

Lots of food

Cons:

Breast was dry

Reviewer: mgilmore Review Date: 09/30/2015

My son and I ate here Sept Sept 19th for supper. We shared the Fried Chicken meal.

There was alot of food! We had 3 pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes/gravy, green beans and a biscuit.

We were very satisfied, and enjoyed the meal.

Pros:

Considered quick service, but more like a home cooked meal.