Reviews of Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe

View Menus at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe Dining Location

Counter service bakery location serving sandwiches, soups and salads in addition to bakery treats and specialty coffees.

Menu: http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_jolly.htm

Reviewer: sathrone Review Date: 05/05/2016

I had the caprese sandwich and my mom had the turkey sandwich. Both were excellent! Portions were huge that I took off the top bun otherwise it would have been too much bread. The Matterhorn maccaroon was so yummy and we also tried a sugar cookie which wasn't impressive. Would definitely eat here again!

Pros:

Food was delicious

Reviewer: disfam4 Review Date: 07/01/2015

Excellent food and the line moved quickly. The food came out pretty fast after ordering. My family ate lunch here on our first day (6/24/15) and opted to dine again for dinner on another day in DL. Daughter had the special combo of grilled cheese and tomato soup, son had the turkey sandwich (he said aioli was fabulous), and my husband and I both had the tuna on toasted sourdough. Everything was good. The house made chips are yummy too.

On our second meal there, my daughter had the Caprese, son had the turkey again and I had the BLT. Again, it was all tasty. We also shared one of the Diamond celebration cupcakes - lemon cake with berry filling. It was delicious. Tons of frosting, but we were sharing so it wasn't overwhelming sugar.

Pros:

Food was tasty

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 05/25/2014

My friend and I dined here on 5/22/14. We stopped by around 11:30. I knew I wanted the Jolly Holiday Combo (grilled cheese and tomato bisque); the Merry Cherry Lemonade was posted on a sign outside but I didn't see it on the menu indoors, so I ordered the Practically Perfect Punch. Apparently they gave me the wrong drink so I ended up with the lemonade anyway and it was great! The grilled cheese was fresh, which was surprising, as I'd heard they are premade. The tomato bisque was great as well.

My friend had the Oven Roasted Turkey sandwich, and he loved it. He said the turkey was like fresh carved Thanksgiving Turkey, rather than cold cut lunch meat. He did have the Punch and enjoyed it.

It was easy to find a seat at this time of day and we were able to listen to the Dapper Dans while we ate. The next day, I also stopped by to get a Matterhorn Macaroon to take home to my mom. They boxed it up for me and I'm told it was delicious. Relatively inexpensive and great food here!

Pros:

Amazing soup and sandwiches

Reviewer: jandg4816 Review Date: 05/28/2013

We ate here in May 2013. We had the tomato basil soup along with corn dogs from across the street. The soup was very good, and it tasted great with the corn dogs! We also had the coconut matterhorns for dessert and they were great. I love Mary Poppins and the theming in the bakery is lovely. The seating outdoors was nice. This is a great place for lunch.

Pros:

great soup and amazing desserts