Reviews of Blue Bayou Lunch

View Menus at Blue Bayou Dining Location

Menu: http://allears.net/dlr/dining/menu/blue-bayou/lunch

Reviewed by IGunnels Review Date: 04/18/2019

Host staff was rude. However, when we got inside, the atmosphere changed. Our waitstaff was great, atmosphere was beyond enjoyable as you are inside Pirates of the Caribbean ride!!

Pros:

Experience a different view of POC ride

Cons:

Small dining area which makes for cozy accommodations

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

Visited Blue Bayou for lunch August 2018. Check in was quick and easy and the ambiance of the restaurant is nice to get out of the crowds and relax for a while. I ordered the salmon and it was delicious. My only complaint is the Monte Cristo sandwich. It is not like a typical Monte Cristo you would expect. Way to much fried breading and way too rich. If you want to avoid a stomach ache the rest of the day, steer clear of this.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Monte Cristo Sandwich

Reviewed by pluto12 Review Date: 02/28/2014

Had lunch here 2/23. It was wonderful to escape the chaos and hubbub of Dapper Day in the park. The interior of the restaurant was nice and dark and quiet.

We checked in a little early but were seated fairly close to our reservation time, which was fine. The pager radius was large enough so that we could browse the nearby shops, which was nice.

I wouldn't say the service was bad, but we were a little rushed. We also were seated right near the kitchen doors, so it was noisier and brighter and more traffic-y than other area of the restaurant.

My husband had the special (salad with seafood), which was fine but a little skimpy. I had the vegetarian entree (mushroom), and it was really, REALLY heavy on the balsamic. Not quite inedible, but close to it.

I have fond memories of this restaurant from coming here as a wee lass, and it was pleasantly as I had remembered it. But I do wish the food quality and variety was a little better, especially for the price.

Pros:

Ambience, quiet

Cons:

Kind of a rushed meal, price, vegetarian option

Reviewed by cinderlisa Review Date: 10/27/2013

We've always been fans of the Blue Bayou and that didn't change. Our son was happily entertained by the boats going by, and our server quickly brought him water and juice, and carrots and celery with dip along with our bread. He also enjoyed the menu and crayons to pass the time.

My husband and I both had the famous Monte Cristo. I missed the scalloped potatoes that used to be part of the meal. The fruit was fine, but the potatoes were better!

We really enjoy dining here for lunch and having a cool, dark, quiet break in the middle of the day. We will be back!

Pros:

Ambiance, food, server

Cons:

Change in side dish

Reviewed by Brygida Review Date: 08/30/2013

Ate here in August 2013 for lunch. I had heard that there had been food improvements from the last time I ate here about 5 years ago. Short story - there weren't. Stay away from this restaurant. I can safely say that EVERY other restaurant we ate at, sit down or counter service, was better than this one.

The only improvement I saw were the bread rolls served at beginning of meal. My son found the kids meal sour - after complaining, they comped it. My husband said his jumbalaya was so skimpy, it had like one shrimp, one sausage, etc, and it wasn't good. My sister had the strip loin which, seriously, she could not cut it was so tough! My husband tried to cut it and couldn't. We complained, they comped it. I had the short ribs. They were so dry, that after a few minutes, I literally started choking on it. Finally coughed it out, then left the restaurant area to continue spasm coughing, as my body still thought there was something there.

And none of this was the WORST thing that happened! A worse thing was about 5 minutes after my sister spoke with Chef about her gluten allergy, the server brought out her salad. She started eating it. About 2 minutes later, the server came out and said she had given her the gluten one, she had already eaten. I have to say that the waitstaff here were completely incompetent and could have killed someone with their lack of care.

And now for the WORST thing that happened! We got the check and though they had comped my sister the entree she could not cut and eat, they charged her extra for the salad (which is normally part of the meal), Which, in error, they had given her a gluten one! Insult on top of injury.

I took the bill. Left the table (did not want to upset my sobbing sister any further). Found a manager. In short and sweet terms, recounted calmly all that happened, handed her the bill and said she could take care of it! She mentioned to me that she had heard me choking on my food and she certainly couldn't not notice my sobbing sister.

Pros:

The Bread rolls

Cons:

Food was horrible; Staff made horrible mistakes

Reviewed by cjsljs624 Review Date: 01/01/2013

We ate here during our June 2012 visit. Got there for an early lunch and we were seated quickly. Service was great. I had the Monte Cristo, hubby had crab cakes, and daughter had ribs. All were wonderul. Wait staff noticed my birthday button on a bag and broght me a dessert without us ever mentioning it. I have noticed the reviews with bad service mentioned. We were there for the week that Carsland opened and still had wonderful service.

Pros:

the atmosphere and food

Cons:

bright light from lobby

Other topics in Disneyland Park Dining