Reviews of Hungry Bear Restaurant

View Menus at Hungry Bear Restaurant Dining Location

Counter service, offering burgers, sweet potato fries, housemade chili and a fried green tomato sandwich. Outdoor/covered seating area next to the Rivers of America.

Menu: http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_hung.htm

Reviewer: blana Review Date: 09/22/2017

Nice for counter service. We had chicken sandwiches & nuggets and kids power packs. Plenty of food and lots of seating. But quite a bit of the seating was outdoors with no shade. We were there in the summer, which meant large portions of the seating area were abandoned because everyone wanted shade.

Pros:

Food was decent

Cons:

Lack of shade over some seating

Reviewer: debg32 Review Date: 08/07/2016

One of the better counter service meals I have had. The burger was large and not dry. First place I could get a sweet ice tea during my vacation. The cashiers were very friendly.

Pros:

Not crowded

Cons:

—

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 05/23/2014

My party of two dined here on 5/21/14. We came by around 11:45. There were only three registers open and quite a crowd. When we finally got up to the register and ordered, it still took a long time to get our food. 20 minutes from the time we stepped in line to the time we were sitting down to eat.

It was easy to find a table. I had the fried green tomato sandwich with sweet potato fries. I'd never had this type of sandwich before and it was very good! Fresh and full of veggies. My friend had the fried chicken sandwich and he had no complaints. We split the lemon bumblebee cupcake. It was gigantic but so delicious!

Pros:

Fresh sandwiches, awesome cupcake

Cons:

Slooooow ordering lines and service

Reviewer: jdetrick Review Date: 12/18/2013

I don't like fried green tomato sandwiches, but my party enjoys them, and this is the only place on property to get them. Its nice to see unique menu items, when so much of Disney has become homogenized. The rest of the menu is limited. My only concern was how slow the service was. My party was in line and ordering and I went elsewhere to find something else to it. I found something, walked back with it, and they were still at the window waiting for their food! For a counter service restaurant it seemed to be very slow.

Pros:

Fried green tomato sandwich

Cons:

Very slow service

Reviewer: tiggabump Review Date: 09/24/2013

My DH and I had lunch here because we wanted to try the fried green tomato sandwiches. We made the mistake of ordering 2. they are big enough to share. Enjoyed the slaw on the sandwich but not as a side. Would certainly have again but only order 1 and no slaw.

Pros:

Good food

Cons:

long lines