Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewer: jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

We have been to the MNSSHP several times in the past and I could definitely tell that this year on 10/30/18 they sold WAY too many tickets. The crowds were crazy huge. The candy was good, cast members seemed very into it. The parade and fireworks are the best.

Pros:

Trick or treating, Boo to You parade, fireworks

Cons:

Crowds

Reviewer: disneydiner Review Date: 11/07/2018

First time for this event. Great costumes, lots of candy, food (Maleficent soft serve cone!), rides, parade, show, fireworks, special Photopass shots, fun!

Pros:

Ride lines not long, Columbia Harbor house dinner good, People so clever with costumes

Cons:

Takes a long time to get back to the hotel once the party is over

Reviewer: dreams Review Date: 10/07/2018

I gave MNSSHP an 8 because we did not go on any rides, see any characters or trick or treat. Speaking as two seniors we went to see the parade, show and fireworks. We have been to WDW several times in October but that was pre MNSSHP so this was our first time. We just visited the Magic Kingdom in December so we did not feel the need to go on any rides. We attended on a Tuesday night and it did not feel overly crowded. I did alittle shopping first, wanted to get the event pin and them we found a spot we liked in the central hub and waited for the first Hocus Pocus show to start. The weather prevented the show from finishing but was so good we hoped the weather wouldn't prevent the second show from going on. We watched the parade which was very cute and the song does get stuck in your head for the evening. The second Hocus Pocus show came on and was fabulous, we really enjoyed it. Hocus Pocus is one of my husband's favorite movies. The fireworks were spectacular. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening and for the two of us the price wasn't bad.

Pros:

The Hocus Pocus show and fireworks

Cons:

lack of food choices, eat before you go

Reviewer: Janet Review Date: 10/01/2018

We took our granddaughter for the first time to “ Mickeys not so scary Holloween party”. We all loved it. It was certainly worth the extra ticket price. Can’t wait till next year!!!

Pros:

Smaller crowds. Treat lines were so quick. Lines for rides very fast.

Reviewer: Nat Review Date: 09/30/2018

We enjoyed MNSSHP. We all got to dress up and collect candy and meet the seven dwarves! Great night!

Pros:

Candy!

Cons:

Lots of people

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

fun times

Pros:

its fun and we love candy

Cons:

don't think its worth it

Reviewer: Claire Review Date: 09/29/2018

Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party is a must do once or more if you want to. It's uniqueness of not being scary at all for the little ones makes it fantastic for all ages. The Boo To You Parade is absolutely a must see and you find yourself singing Boo to you... Happy Halloween on the way out. The firework show is a different show with theming of villains and is customised for the party. Wait times for rides are short compared to the daytime. You can spend all day in the park if you have valid general park admission for that day and roll into the party early. The park is alot quieter. You can dress up for this event but it is not compulsory. We all bought Halloween themed T-shirts and Mickey Ear pumpkin hats to wear on the night. Character greets are awesome they are dressed in their best Halloween attire. Personally I think it is a lot of money to pay if their is more than two of you and I would not pay to go again but I do recommend you try it once. Tick it off your bucket list, it is one to experience and see for yourself.

Pros:

The candy is good you get loads each stop and they have tokens to collect insted of sweets for dietary requirements which you take to guest relations

Cons:

Kids get tired. My son was morngy and he ended up taking a long nap in the stroller while we went trick or treating for him. I recommend to try and get kids to rest at some point in the day before this event.

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/28/2018

This is a great party for children as well as adults. All of the rides were open and there wasn't much waiting to get on the rides.

Pros:

The parade and fireworks are excellent.

Cons:

None.

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/28/2018

I went to the party on a tuesday. When I talked to friends it sounded like this party was less crowded than the weekend parties. i thought it was the most crowed party I have been to in four years. If this had been my first party I would have liked it a lot. Knowing what parties included in other years I was disappointed in the changes. Character lines were longer so only did one toward the end of the night.

Pros:

Fun party cheap day at the park with the special ticket

Cons:

crowds no special candy leaving the park no wurthers caramels long character lines

Reviewer: annat856 Review Date: 09/28/2018

I love this party, the Boo to You Parade and the fireworks are some of the very best of what Disney World has to offer in my opinion. Plan to get there early they let party goers arrive as early as 4pm. We always go on rides that we have fastpasses for first. ( during the parks regular hours fastpasses aren't available during party hrs) We grab a counter service dinner and begin trick or treating as soon as they let you. Be sure to get some of the unique photopass spot pics such as the Haunted Mansion. We try to snag a good spot for the parade I know that everyone says to skip the first parade but if it's a must do for you like it is for me then try to watch the first one. It's my favorite parade! After the fireworks the crowds go down and we just end up walking onto rides. The parties have become very popular and the crowds are much bigger than they were 10 yrs ago so keep that in mind and have fun!

Pros:

Best parade and fireworks that Disney has to offer!

Cons:

more crowds than it used to be