Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/21/2019

They are too many people. There is nothing exclusive or less crowded than a regular day. Pay $80-100 to get $5 worth of candy and stand in long lines. Don’t waste your money.

Pros:

More characters out. Some Halloween additions to the rides

Cons:

Busy, long lines, as crowded as peak times, no fast passes, expensive for what you get

Reviewed by jennarenay96 Review Date: 06/13/2019

This is my favorite party out of the two! I love the themeing and the parade so much, and I love all of the candy that you receive!

Pros:

Very festive, free candy throughout the park, awesome parade, awesome stage show, awesome fireworks, and you get to meet unusual characters!

Reviewed by DebQ Review Date: 06/12/2019

Went to the Halloween Party in October 2018, going again this September. We went on a Tuesday, and found it not to be all that crowded. Lines for rides were almost non-existent. It was so much fun to dress up (2 adult women!!) and trick or treat and participate in the party. A joy to see others in costume and the children having fun and the interaction with all of the characters that were out. Fireworks were awesome. I would fully recommend attending - although I would certainly go during the week and not on a weekend.

Pros:

Fun, lots of characters, easy ride access

Cons:

Bus service afterwards

Reviewed by rachward Review Date: 06/11/2019

I loved the Halloween Party when I attended in 2015!! Completely worth the money!! I not really a Halloween person with scary stuff ,but this party was awesome! The Boo to you parade is incredible!!They give tons of candy and it’s so fun dressing up and trick or treating at Disney world!

Pros:

Awesome Parade Less crowded More characters are out including villains. Dressing up and trick or treating Candy

Cons:

Expensive but definitely worth it!

Reviewed by pamrrowan44 Review Date: 04/19/2019

I took my older granddaughter in 2012 and Mickey's Not So Scary was wonderful. The crowd was very small, we rode many of the rides with little or no wait and took part in all the special evening events. I took both my granddaughters this past year, 2018, and it was not at all the same. This time there were too many people to really enjoy anything. The ride waits were quite long, the kids could hardly see the show at the castle because of the crowds and the specialty desserts were very small for the very costly price that they were. I would like to hope that Disney will take a look at the negatives from people and go back to limiting the tickets they sell for this event each night. They advertise that it is a much less crowded experience, but that is not the case anymore. However, I would still recommend that people who have not been give it a try as at some point Disney may fix the negatives and it is quite a fun event!

Pros:

The wonderful candy, seeing all the great costumes, the parade is the best parade at the kingdoms and the show at the castle is terrific.

Cons:

Much too crowded to enjoy the night, ride waits way too long and dessert prices much too high for what you get.

Reviewed by MassMike Review Date: 04/18/2019

Not worth the money. You won't get the experience you think.

Pros:

Halloween candy, opportunity to wear a costume, special parade and fireworks

Cons:

Very crowded, some listed meet and greets don't happen, expensive

Reviewed by Janet Review Date: 04/18/2019

Took out granddaughter for her birthday. She loved it. Also first time for me. Would live to go every year

Pros:

It was fantastic. The candy just barrels and barrels. Chocolate heaven not to mention we felt like we almost had the park to ourselves. Lines for rides were so short. Some no lines at all. Definetly the place to be .

Cons:

Non at all

Reviewed by Kathy Review Date: 04/18/2019

This trip was a 25th wedding anniversary gift from our daughter and it was during the Not So Scary Halloween Party that we realized how much fun Disney can be without our kids! Just me and my Husband going trick or treating like children and having the best time! We even got a pic with the Seven Dwarfs- they are only together once a year! Loved the parade and the headless horseman was thrilling ! A really fun time! And when we went in September the park was very empty! We rode so many rides over and over again!

Pros:

Lots of candy!

Reviewed by Stitch1623 Review Date: 04/17/2019

Entertainment is great- the dance party, the show, the parade with the headless horseman, ride wait times are very short (if at all), kids loved trick or treating in magic kingdom and dressing up in the park. Yes it is expensive and the wait times for the party specific characters were outrageous but for something you don’t do every year, we think it was worth it.

Pros:

Great entertainment, trick or treating in magic kingdom, no to low ride wait times, special photo opportunities and merchandise

Cons:

Ticket price, long waits for characters

Reviewed by Gingy160 Review Date: 01/08/2019

Oh my goodness did we have fun! We attended our very first MNSSHP on 10/30/18. Yes, it was crowded, but no worse than a low-medium crowd level day. We had a blast trick-or-treating (estimate of 15-18 pounds of candy between the three of us) and seeing everyone's costumes -- loved all the dads dressed as Maui. My husband was an Oompa Loompa and my 9 year old son was Willy Wonka, so they were quite the hit with other party attendees. We loved the parade, fireworks, and and special Halloween Magic Shots. We didn't bother with any rides, and sadly didn't get to see any characters. There's always next year!

Pros:

Costumes, parade, so.much.candy.

Cons:

Price, crowds

Other topics in SPECIAL EVENTS at WDW (including Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Food and Wine, runDisney)