Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewed by Janet Review Date: 04/18/2019

Took out granddaughter for her birthday. She loved it. Also first time for me. Would live to go every year

Pros:

It was fantastic. The candy just barrels and barrels. Chocolate heaven not to mention we felt like we almost had the park to ourselves. Lines for rides were so short. Some no lines at all. Definetly the place to be .

Cons:

Non at all

Reviewed by Kathy Review Date: 04/18/2019

This trip was a 25th wedding anniversary gift from our daughter and it was during the Not So Scary Halloween Party that we realized how much fun Disney can be without our kids! Just me and my Husband going trick or treating like children and having the best time! We even got a pic with the Seven Dwarfs- they are only together once a year! Loved the parade and the headless horseman was thrilling ! A really fun time! And when we went in September the park was very empty! We rode so many rides over and over again!

Pros:

Lots of candy!

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 11/07/2018

First time for this event. Great costumes, lots of candy, food (Maleficent soft serve cone!), rides, parade, show, fireworks, special Photopass shots, fun!

Pros:

Ride lines not long, Columbia Harbor house dinner good, People so clever with costumes

Cons:

Takes a long time to get back to the hotel once the party is over

Reviewed by Janet Review Date: 10/01/2018

We took our granddaughter for the first time to “ Mickeys not so scary Holloween party”. We all loved it. It was certainly worth the extra ticket price. Can’t wait till next year!!!

Pros:

Smaller crowds. Treat lines were so quick. Lines for rides very fast.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/28/2018

This is a great party for children as well as adults. All of the rides were open and there wasn't much waiting to get on the rides.

Pros:

The parade and fireworks are excellent.

Cons:

None.

Reviewed by Dee Review Date: 09/28/2018

We had never done the Halloween party but had done the Christmas one. The Halloween one far exceeded our expectations. That was my favorite part of the whole trip!

Pros:

We got on more rides with little wait. The parade and fireworks were outstanding!

Cons:

Little more crowded then we would have preferred. Wasn’t wild about the Halloween party merchandise.

Reviewed by auntiekeiki Review Date: 09/27/2018

My family attended the party for the first time this year. It is worth the ticket price. We loved the parade, fireworks show and the Sanderson sisters stage show. We were able to meet a lot of Disney characters that are not normally out during the daytime. The addition of a real life pirate to the Pirates ride was a nice touch and quite cute. Space Mountain in the dark this year was scarier. The lighting in the spinning tea cups ride was super neat! I had no idea that we would end up with so much candy! I was impressed with the amount of home made costumes other park goers were wearing. It was worth every penny and will definitely go again.

Pros:

Lots of candy Lots of Disney characters

Cons:

The hot Florida weather Long lines

Reviewed by JennieSmith Review Date: 09/27/2018

This was out 1st year for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party and it was a blast! Love that it is less expensive than a day pass, but you still get 8 hours of park time with a lot less people. The lines for the candy were long, but moved fast and they were very generous. We were able to ride quite a few rides and logged about 6 miles( kids run you FAST!!!) This is a perfect way to give the kids a taste of Disney without breaking the bank.

Pros:

At night, cooler, less people, shorted lines on rides

Cons:

cannot use FastPass after 6, only got 1 ride on the Fastpass

Reviewed by klee Review Date: 09/26/2018

The Halloween Party is my favorite time of year to go to Walt Disney World. I love that I can dress in costume and trick-or-treat just like the kids. There is always plenty of time to get lots of great candy and walk on several rides during this event. The parade is the best. We always show up very early (they let you in around 4)and stay until it's over. It's definitely worth the money.

Pros:

Special Photo Spots, lots of great candy, you can relax and have fun without getting the daylights scared out of you

Cons:

It's usually still hot at this time of year so be careful what you decide to wear as a costume

Reviewed by tmmartin Review Date: 09/26/2018

BY FAR our most favorite special event in the parks, and we've done most of them over the year. If you are a character stalker (like my kids were when they were young), this is the event for you! You will see many of the rarely found characters, and believe me, we found them all throughout the night. SO LOVED the theme of the night, the atmosphere and the special events of the night. SO WANT TO GO BACK! How am I going to work today, with the beautiful memories of the MNSSHP running around in my head? I won't be able to concentrate. ;)

Pros:

Lower crowd levels Special Boo To You parade Awesome castlefront shows LOVE SEEING ALL THE VILLIANS Beautiful fireworks

Cons:

The price, but you still have to do it if you are visiting the world during the fall.