Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewer: disneydiner Review Date: 11/07/2018

First time for this event. Great costumes, lots of candy, food (Maleficent soft serve cone!), rides, parade, show, fireworks, special Photopass shots, fun!

Pros:

Ride lines not long, Columbia Harbor house dinner good, People so clever with costumes

Cons:

Takes a long time to get back to the hotel once the party is over

Reviewer: Janet Review Date: 10/01/2018

We took our granddaughter for the first time to “ Mickeys not so scary Holloween party”. We all loved it. It was certainly worth the extra ticket price. Can’t wait till next year!!!

Pros:

Smaller crowds. Treat lines were so quick. Lines for rides very fast.

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/28/2018

This is a great party for children as well as adults. All of the rides were open and there wasn't much waiting to get on the rides.

Pros:

The parade and fireworks are excellent.

Cons:

None.

Reviewer: Dee Review Date: 09/28/2018

We had never done the Halloween party but had done the Christmas one. The Halloween one far exceeded our expectations. That was my favorite part of the whole trip!

Pros:

We got on more rides with little wait. The parade and fireworks were outstanding!

Cons:

Little more crowded then we would have preferred. Wasn’t wild about the Halloween party merchandise.

Reviewer: auntiekeiki Review Date: 09/27/2018

My family attended the party for the first time this year. It is worth the ticket price. We loved the parade, fireworks show and the Sanderson sisters stage show. We were able to meet a lot of Disney characters that are not normally out during the daytime. The addition of a real life pirate to the Pirates ride was a nice touch and quite cute. Space Mountain in the dark this year was scarier. The lighting in the spinning tea cups ride was super neat! I had no idea that we would end up with so much candy! I was impressed with the amount of home made costumes other park goers were wearing. It was worth every penny and will definitely go again.

Pros:

Lots of candy Lots of Disney characters

Cons:

The hot Florida weather Long lines

Reviewer: JennieSmith Review Date: 09/27/2018

This was out 1st year for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party and it was a blast! Love that it is less expensive than a day pass, but you still get 8 hours of park time with a lot less people. The lines for the candy were long, but moved fast and they were very generous. We were able to ride quite a few rides and logged about 6 miles( kids run you FAST!!!) This is a perfect way to give the kids a taste of Disney without breaking the bank.

Pros:

At night, cooler, less people, shorted lines on rides

Cons:

cannot use FastPass after 6, only got 1 ride on the Fastpass

Reviewer: klee Review Date: 09/26/2018

The Halloween Party is my favorite time of year to go to Walt Disney World. I love that I can dress in costume and trick-or-treat just like the kids. There is always plenty of time to get lots of great candy and walk on several rides during this event. The parade is the best. We always show up very early (they let you in around 4)and stay until it's over. It's definitely worth the money.

Pros:

Special Photo Spots, lots of great candy, you can relax and have fun without getting the daylights scared out of you

Cons:

It's usually still hot at this time of year so be careful what you decide to wear as a costume

Reviewer: tmmartin Review Date: 09/26/2018

BY FAR our most favorite special event in the parks, and we've done most of them over the year. If you are a character stalker (like my kids were when they were young), this is the event for you! You will see many of the rarely found characters, and believe me, we found them all throughout the night. SO LOVED the theme of the night, the atmosphere and the special events of the night. SO WANT TO GO BACK! How am I going to work today, with the beautiful memories of the MNSSHP running around in my head? I won't be able to concentrate. ;)

Pros:

Lower crowd levels Special Boo To You parade Awesome castlefront shows LOVE SEEING ALL THE VILLIANS Beautiful fireworks

Cons:

The price, but you still have to do it if you are visiting the world during the fall.

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 10/26/2016

My husband, daughter (16) and I attended MNSSHP on Sunday, October 23rd. This was our first party since 2007, and it was exactly as I remembered. The crowds were low, and we walked on just about everything. Mine Train had a consistent 30 minute wait, but we had a FP for it, so we walked right on.

We came home with 3, gallon sized, Zip Lock bags full of candy (Dove bars, M&M's, Lifesaver gummies, Snickers, Skittles, Milky Way and Trix).

The parade was AWESOME and the fireworks spectacular!!!!

Pros:

Low Crowds, Lots of Candy and Short Ride Times

Cons:

Character Lines were VERY Long all Night...

Reviewer: bethocindigo Review Date: 10/20/2016

We took our 11 year-old son to the party on a Sunday evening for his early birthday present. We found it to be great! I will say that security is extremely tight and they strictly enforce party rules and guidelines. Our son had his orange 'Star Tours' gun taken from him and we had to leave it with guest services for the night. They also told him he could not wear his face mask and we had to leave it in a locker early in the day, however, around 5pm when costumed people were flooding into the park we saw another child wearing the same mask so I marched right back to the locker room and got it for my son to enjoy.

We brought our costumes early in the day, was able to swipe our magic band and charge the locker fee to the room, and leave our costumes in there until around dark. Later we came back and changed into them effortlessly.

The 'Boo-to-You' Parade is excellent, the fireworks display was LARGER than any I'd ever seen before and the Hocus Pocus show sounded lots of fun. We weren't close to it but I'll bet it was great.

A unique thing about this party if you don't go on a Friday night, is that we were able to ride the 7 Dwarves Mine train (which usually has an hour or more wait) 3 times in a row when lines were no more than 10 minutes long!

People-watching the fantastic array of costume varieties is SO MUCH FUN and our son had a blast spooking kids in line with his 'Five Nights At Freddy's' Freddy Fazbear Costume. Boy did he HAM it up!

Don't MISS the chance to take a special picture in front of the Haunted Mansion where they digitally add in a haunted driver later when you go onto the Disney website to download your pic!

I've heard that Friday evenings are the worst so if you can, try to go on a Sunday or a Tuesday night. We were SO GLAD we did. I would highly recommend this party. There is a lot to do and lots to see. Sure to be a unique experience for children and adults alike.

Pros:

special parade, fireworks, picture opportunities, and short lines for rides