Reviews of Typhoon Lagoon

Typhoon Lagoon (TL) is Disney's untypical version of a typical water park themed in a tropical island setting. The park contains all of the types of activities you would expect to find at a water park--slides, pools, a slow river--plus others you will find nowhere else, including a surf pool and a saltwater artificial coral reef pool chock full of tropical fish that you can snorkel through.

Reviewed by Nunley1011 Review Date: 06/12/2019

Overall the park was great. It is basically a typical waterpark though. My family is very into water parks and had a blast. For myself - not so much into the whole soak and bake kind of day. We rented a cabana which turned out to be great for a respite from the sun and water, and had it's own locker so we felt comfortable leaving valuables locked up rather than out in the open like so many people in the chairs areas. The supposed service that was to be included, however, was far below par and we were very disappointed on that end. Not sure we'd do it again for the $$$. Also, we purchased ahead and wore "water shoes" (the kind that is allowed which are soft-bottom styles, kind of like thick socks made out of neoprene). However, by the end of the day, these were completely destroyed! There were holes in the bottoms for everyone in the family. We threw them away on the way out they were so bad. But we realized that would have been the bottom of our feet had we not had those on. So, even as "throw aways", they saved our feet from getting torn up from the very rough ground (Everywhere, not just in the pools) and from the hot, hot surfaces. Defintely recommend getting some.

Pros:

It's a water park! With great themes throughout.

Cons:

It's a water park...with all the standard faults of such environments. Cabana rental not really worth it.

Reviewed by Schwad1 Review Date: 04/17/2019

Everyone in our family LOVED Typhoon Lagoon, including my husband who "hates water parks." We got there later than we wanted and had to leave early for a dinner reservation, but we had an amazing time while we were there and wish we had been able to stay twice as long.

Pros:

Gorgeous theming, rides and pools for all shapes/sizes/ages/swimming abilities, fabulous toddler area, helpful staff, yummy frozen drinks.

Cons:

We found it a little hard to navigate with all of the interconnected pathways and sometimes confusing signage. Changing rooms were small for a parent with two toddlers.

Reviewed by traciem Review Date: 09/30/2018

My hubby and I are both retired from active work life and this our favorite water park in Florida. We love the theming and attention to detail. For us this the hidden gem of Disney parks in Orlando. My hubby is and EVC and they have a special shaded area for EVC and other special needs guest which is located near food and bathrooms. We both love the newer Miss Adventure Falls ride and love to spend afternoons at this water parks.

Pros:

Excellent Theming and Area for EVC and Special Needs guests

Reviewed by Colleen Review Date: 09/30/2018

We usually hit up both water parks on our trips, and of the two I prefer the theming of Typhoon Lagoon. I love the lazy river and the family raft ride. There are some great options for food and drinks here. We always get there at opening so we can grab seats in the shade for my grandchildren, so we have never had a problem with crowds. The only drawback is the wave pool. The concrete bottom is very rough, and it’s easy to get caught in the undertow. I wiped out sitting in very shallow water with my granddaughter, and scraped my elbows up. All in all a fun way to spend the day.

Pros:

Theming, fun water rides

Cons:

Wave pool injuries

Reviewed by Nat Review Date: 09/30/2018

Our favourite water park! Love the lazy river. Take advantage of Getaway Glen which is reserved seating and towels. Highly recommend!

Pros:

Lazy river, nice atmosphere, wave pool

Cons:

Wave pool injuries from hard concrete floor

Reviewed by survivoramy Review Date: 09/30/2018

We just recently got the FL resident after 2 passes after not having them for several years. Typhoon Lagoon was our first visit and our activation point. We did have a lot of trouble with activation and I had my receipt printout, my DL, and my card purchase was made on. When we tried to go in gate they told me we didn't have privileges so off to guest service. Then back to ticket booth before it was finally figured out. We lost 30 minutes of our visit trying to straighten that out. Once we were in the park it was great. I had 2 teens with me. They always love the Wave pool. It was our first time on the new family ride and we really enjoyed it. Riding the raft up the conveyor belt was a new experience for sure (and it beat climbing stairs). I thought I remember Crush'n'Gusher having 3 person rafts as an option but there were only 2 person ones and if you were riding alone there was only one slide you could get in line for. But doubles were also in that same line so my girls were done WAY before me because they picked the shortest line and I was stuck in the longest one. We rode everything in the short time we were there and nothing had too long of a wait.

Pros:

Crush 'n' Gusher water coaster is always fun as is the wave pool. Love the theming in Disney.

Cons:

Ticketing and Guest Services turned what should have taken 5 minutes into 30 by their own errors.

Reviewed by Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

fun times

Pros:

love the wave pool and the lazy river

Reviewed by trishie30 Review Date: 09/26/2018

We rented a Beachcomber Shack and if you can swing it, it's a great experience. Unlimited towels, drinks, a covered place to relax and a Cast Member to deliver food for you, plus a locker for you to keep your valuables all really added to our experience here. This was our first visit and we didn't know what to expect, but we knew from a prior visit to BB that it would be touch to find a place to sit. We reserved in advance and chose our spot when we arrived and we couldn't have been happier. We all loved the wave pool although it is not for the faint of heart. Beware that if you stand where the waves crash, you can easily wipe out. Loved the slides and group raft ride. The lazy river is great but gets really crowded sometimes. Try to remember water shoes because the pavement can get extremely hot and there's little relief.

Pros:

Beachcomber Shack, lazy river, slides

Cons:

Hot pavement, crowds

Reviewed by Kathy Review Date: 09/26/2018

Been coming here for years and will continue to do so every trip to Disney! My kids loved being here- the rides, the wave pool, the tropical atmosphere! Now just my husband and I go together as our kids are grown and no longer vacation with us. We love the lazy river! Always a great way to spend the day!

Pros:

Sunshine and palm trees!

Reviewed by Kerri Review Date: 09/25/2018

Out of the 2 water parks we found that TL was much better for older kids. Really enjoyed all of the slides and the wave pool!

Pros:

Wave pool and slides

Other topics in WATER PARKS at WDW