Recipes Prosciutto Frittata Trattoria al Forno Disney’s Boardwalk
Makes 4 servings
3 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup slices prosciutto, cut into 1/2 inch squares (approximately 3 ounces by weight)
6 tablespoons diced red pepper
9 farm fresh eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
2 tablespoons diced green onion
3 teaspoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Method of Preparation
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
2. Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat until oil is hot.
3. Add prosciutto, stir continuously, cook until crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium, add red peppers to the skillet, cook until softened, 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove the skillet from the burner momentarily, stir in eggs and green onion.
6. Return to burner, as eggs begin to cook, pull eggs in around the edge to allow uncooked mixture to flow to outer edges of the skillet, cook about 3 minutes until most of the egg is no longer runny.
7. Bake uncovered on the top rack of the oven till center is set, approximately 2- 5 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, sprinkle cheese on top, loosen frittata from side of skillet with spatula, slide onto plate, cut and serve.
Cook's Notes: If desired, thick-cut bacon may be substituted for the prosciutto.