Reviews of T-Rex

View Menus at T-Rex Dining Location

The newest eatery in Disney Springs!

Lunch/Dinner Menu:
Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu:

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

This place is really cool. Have been here for lunch and for breakfast with Santa. It's basic "chain" style food but not bad. You come here for the atmosphere which is really cool. They have different areas of the restaurant and you are encouraged to walk around and look at everything.

Pros:

Really cool atmosphere

Cons:

Can be a little much for very little kids or kids who are very easily frightened

Reviewer: Susan Kowalski Review Date: 09/26/2018

This is a very fun restaurant - I just love the decor - but the food leaves a bit of room for improvement. I ordered the Jamaican Rundown off of the special Caribbean Creations menu. What showed up at my table looked nothing like the picture in the menu. I had told my waitress that I did not care for andouille sausage (one of three main proteins in the dish) and she assured me that there would be lots of shrimp. Someone in the back did not get the memo as I had mostly chicken and andouille sausage and very little shrimp. Needless to say, it was very disappointing.

If you are looking for a cool/fun place to have lunch and don't mind ordering a basic burger or chicken then this is the place for you. If you are looking for an upscale, delicious meal I would try somewhere else.

Pros:

Fun atmosphere. Usually I can get a table mid-afternoon with no reservation.

Cons:

Food is not the best at Disney.

Reviewer: Rockerchick15 Review Date: 01/29/2018

Atmosphere was neat...basically a Rainforest Cafe, but with dinosaurs. The bruschetta appetizer was delicious! Hubby ordered the doublesaurus burger. It was huge! He could barely fit it in his mouth to take a bite! He said it was very good, though.

I ordered off the newly-introduced Caribbean menu, and got the Caribbean Shrimp Platter, which included:
coconut shrimp, Jamaican jerk shrimp scampi, seared shrimp with mango salsa, Caribbean vegetables and coconut ginger rice. I was not a fan of the mango salsa or the coconut rice. The rest was delicious, though.

I don't think I would go here if we weren't on the dining plan, however.

Pros:

Food was good

Cons:

Pricey for what you get

Reviewer: minniemouse50 Review Date: 07/20/2017

I would have to say that this was the worst dinner during our vacation. We ate here on July 6th. As soon as we sat down, the waiter handed us menus and then asked us if we were ready to order. I said no because we had never eaten here before so he went away and then came back 5 minutes later to take our order. I felt very rushed to make a selection. I wish the food came out as fast as we were rushed to make a decision but it took forever to come out. The only thing nice I can say about the food was that it came out warm. The quality of the food was very poor. I will NEVER go back to this restaurant and I strongly suggest that you spend your hard earned money elsewhere

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Food and service

Reviewer: disneyhardin Review Date: 11/14/2016

We had lunch here on a recent trip because we are Landry's Club members and also have a gift card for any Landry's restaurant to use. We arrived about 11:30 on a Saturday and were able to get in quickly (we had the Landry's card for priority seating, but we didn't need it).

This was our first time here and we were very impressed by the theming of the restaurant. We were seated in the ice cave and it was really cool how it changed colors.

Our food was very good. I had the Paleozoic Chicken Sandwich (which is not actually a sandwich, but more of pita/wrap type thing) and it was very good, but messy. I ended up cutting it up and eating it with a fork. My husband had the burger and he said it was great. The seasoned waffle fries were so good. I told my husband that if we ever came back I was going to skip a sandwich and just order a plate of fries. We wanted to try the donuts for desert, but were too full from our sandwiches. Maybe next time.

We had a very attentive server and the manager stopped by to greet us and check on our meal.

Pros:

Fun Theming

Cons:

Loud

Reviewer: clayalex02 Review Date: 10/20/2016

We had a late diner one night without a reservation. But I am a Landry's member which gives you priority seating. So the wait was not long. The drinks were fun and we got to keep the glass. I like how they don't give you the dirty one by have clean ones in a box and the build a dino counter. I had the roasted chicken which was fabulous. Can't remember what Sister had but I know she enjoyed it. Donut holes, enough said! The only issue with the restaurant is after a while the storms start to sound like screaming children which can be nerve wracking after a while. Would go back as it is so much fun.

Pros:

food fun atmospher

Cons:

loud

Reviewer: IanDLBZF Review Date: 08/02/2016

Food here was great, we all loved it! However, service was a teensy bit sluggish. I will return in the future though...

Pros:

The food, atmosphere

Cons:

Service was a bit on the slow side

Reviewer: Warner Review Date: 05/19/2016

I would recommend T-Rex to anyone! It is tradition for my family to visit there on our trips. We always get the HUGE nachos! They are wonderful and are big enough for at least 2 to share.

Aside from the food, the meteor showers are also very cool!

Pros:

Good food and a fun atmosphere

Cons:

None!

Reviewer: meffajen13 Review Date: 05/17/2016

All I can say is DO NOT GO THERE. I got the Fish and Chips and then ended up sick. Without going into great detail, I was up all night. I was unable to leave my room. I had to miss the Star Wars 5k that I was signed up for. Out $75 right there. Fortunately I was able to do the 10k and Half Marathon on Saturday and Sunday. I tried calling the restaurant the next day to report the incident and got voicemail. I left a message and they never called back. Nice customer service, not even a SORRY!!

Pros:

Cute atmosphere

Cons:

Got Sick

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 06/23/2015

My family of 4 dined here for dinner on June 6th. After checking in for our 5 pm reservation, we were seated promptly. Service and food were both very good. I always have low expectations for chain restaurants, but T Rex didn't disappoint. We have dined here several times and have never had a bad experience.

Pros:

Selection of Dining Options