Reviews of Sanaa Lunch/Dinner - Kidani Village

View Menus at Sanaa Dining Location

Sanaa is located in Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Complete information about Sanaa including menus and photos: http://allears.net/dining/location/sanaa

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 02/18/2019

By far the best meal in my opinion that we had during our trip

Pros:

The bread service is every bit as good as many have mentioned. We also liked our desserts.

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 12/31/2018

I was so disappointed in this restaurant. I only liked 1 of the sauces from the bread service and my husband only liked 3. The drinks were too strong, the food was over priced and over seasoned. The service was mediocre. It was also obnoxiously loud.

Pros:

Atmosphere.

Cons:

Service,food,cost,mixed drinks.

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

Have eaten here several times and try new things. The bread service with the dipping sauces are my favorite. Have not cared for the tandoor items on the menu, just didn't care for the flavor. I like it best in the daylight because there is a great view of a savana. Didn't care for all the very loud singing and drum entertainment, would have been ok once but it seemed like everyone had a birthday or anniversary so they just kept coming thru.

Pros:

bread and dipping sauce

Cons:

at times can be loud

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Really amazing place, probably the best I have been to in Disney other than Jiko but Sanaa is much cheaper. Great food, great service. You have to come here.

Pros:

Best non-signature restaurant in Disney

Reviewer: Judy Review Date: 09/26/2018

On a recommendation from a friend, we tried Sanaa. If you like trying ethnic food, this is a great place to go. Different foods, different flavors, I loved it! And yes, the bread service is wonderful. I now order just that for my meal and have more than enough to share.

Pros:

Great for adventurous eaters. The setting is lovely, and fun to watch the animals. Always easy to get an ADR.

Cons:

Picky eaters and children may not like the food.

Reviewer: jannielane Review Date: 03/01/2018

Unless you are starving, don't order the bread service. Three adults could not finish all of the bread, along with salads and entrees. Food is excellent and sometimes spicy, and a bit exotic. Unfortunately, both I and a friend ordered the daily mahi mahi fish special and ended up getting sick during the night. No idea why, although the fish was served rare. Still, I would return, but specify that fish be cooked through. I substituted a salad for dessert and am glad that I did, considering the size of the entree and the vast amount of bread.

Pros:

Excellent food

Cons:

Way too much food

Reviewer: Donald_13 Review Date: 02/04/2018

It was our first time coming here and was recommended by Pete Warner fro the Dis Unplugged.

I have to say it was a good recommendation, the atmosphere was great, small restaurant with a incredible cuisine. A guest in our party has Celiac Disease and talked to the chef. She was more that accommodating and created some incredible dishes.

As a chef myself I was impressed with the selection, the presentation and flavors, I enjoyed the Lamb Shank with roasted sweet potatoes and lentils in a spicy sauce. The presentation was good we had other tables asking what I ordered.

Desert was alright, good presentation, Caramel Ndiz was good, built like a caramel desert sandwich with banana chips.

overall, I am looking forward to coming here again. One of the best chefs on Disney property

Pros:

The atmosphere, Chef Baker

Cons:

Server expecting a tip

Reviewer: saffie Review Date: 11/28/2017

I loved Sanaa. It wasn't my favorite restaurant on the trip, but it was well up there. For starters, the staff is so friendly there. From the hosts/hostesses to the server, not one surly face was to be found. We got to watch the animals graze as we waited to be seated, and even though we were not seated by the windows (which seemed to be a theme among the more demanding diners), the restaurant itself was beautiful. I'm going to say, the food was very different than what we are used to. My food was more sweet than savory, and I'm more into the savory aspects of a meal; I don't like eating something sweet for dinner and the spices just seemed more sweet to me. This is no fault of the restaurant, just my taste buds. But two things were the winners of the night; the bread service and the press pot coffee. The bread service is a must-do at Sanaa. We all enjoyed it thoroughly. My only complaint was my husband and I battling it out for the spicier sauce selections; sure would like a little more of the spreads for a larger party. And the press pot coffee at the end of the meal just rounded things out so nicely. Best coffee I've had in a while.

If I could say one thing for people planning to eat here, don't stress about sitting at the windows. And if you're in a larger party and want to do window seating, prepare to be split up. Most of the window seating takes place in smaller parties. Every single party but us wanted to sit by windows, and I'm sure being asked that about two hundred times a day gets a little wearing on the staff.
But you don't have to stress about it anyway. The waiting area gives you ample opportunity to do a little animal watching. Just take a moment before or after your meal to view the animals and take pictures until your heart is content. I highly recommend this restaurant, especially if you like to try new things and new experiences.

Pros:

Great service, excellent bread service

Reviewer: Km888 Review Date: 10/18/2017

We had dinner here in August 2017. The bread service is fantastic. We did not make a meal of it, but you certainly could. Recommend getting the option with all the dipping sauces. The cost difference is minimal and it's fun to try them all. The rest of the food was also great, as was the service.

The best thing is the view and being able to watch the animals from the table. Try to get a window front table - we asked the host and only had to wait about 10 minutes extra, well worth it.

If you are not staying at Aminal Kingdom lodge, it takes a bit of effort transportation wise to get to the restaurant but it was well worth it.

Pros:

Bread service, view

Reviewer: Geri604 Review Date: 10/08/2017

I have been hearing people talk about the bread service, and it did not disappoint. There were only 3 of us, but I think we could have just had this as our meal and been satisfied. I ended up eating only half of my entrée - my mom and I both had the butter chicken and paneer tikka, which was also very good, but we were too full from the bread. My dad did the smart thing and just had the soup - tomato with paneer on top. At first he ate around the paneer, but ended up eating most of if. He said the soup was very good.

Pros:

Two Words: BREAD SERVICE!