Reviews of Boma Flavors of Africa Breakfast - Jambo House

Buffet Style
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

Breakfast Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/boma/breakfast

Reviewed by kekmouse Review Date: 04/28/2019

In twenty years of going to the parks, this is by far my favorite breakfast buffet. If you want a buffet experience but don't have anyone interested in meeting characters, this is the meal for you. We went for the first time on 4/24 and it was amazing. The dining room is large so you never feel like you're crowding into anyone and the waitstaff were all so polite and friendly. Our server gave us a quick rundown of each station before he got our drinks, which helped everyone avoid that awkward buffet shuffle of peak-but-don't-eat. There was a great selection of classics (waffles, bacon, omelets, meat carving, etc.) as well as the more traditional African dishes. I tried the bobotie, a sort of egg dish with meat and mushrooms. The spices weren't too overwhelming for my very bland palate and even though I'm not an egg person, I really liked it. Jamba Juice was a big hit with the kiddos, as well as the pancake station that they laid waste to. The bill brought us back to earth when we got it, but honestly, I think it was worth the price. We filled up so much in the morning that we didn't really eat much in the parks so the math might have worked in our favor. Definitely will be making this a must-stop on my next vacation.

Pros:

Great dining area, wonderful selection, quick and polite staff, not too noisy, don't have to wait long periods for characters

Cons:

Expensive, like all Disney meals, but b/c its breakfast you might save money on food for the rest of the day.

Reviewed by maddox4 Review Date: 04/24/2019

First time eating Boma for breakfast (previous trip we had the dinner). Everything we ate was good. I loved the scrambled eggs with meat, cheese and probably a couple of other things I couldn't identify but I had seconds so it must have been good. Pecan rolls-awesome. Even my semi-picky husband had no complaints about the food. This place always seems crowded and the line can get a bit long but otherwise a nice experience--if a bit expensive. Less than Chef Mickey's so if you don't require the characters this might be worth a try. And to top it off the resort is lovely to explore while you are there.

Pros:

Good, hot food and plenty of it

Cons:

Expensive, of course...it's Disney!

Reviewed by amy kujawa Review Date: 04/18/2019

First time at Boma this trip. Previously have been to breakfast at Cape May, Chef Mickey's and Trails End. This was probably the best and had the most options of the three. The only turnoff and this was possibly because we visited on a Sunday, was the huge buffet line. The other 3, especially Cape May and Chef Mickey's don't seem to really have large lines that I have seen, more of just going and grabbing, but when we were at Boma we waited in line, especially for our first trip to move through the first section where the meat is. After the first trip we went here and there without being in line but it was difficult to do so at the beginning where most of the hot items were. At the end where the baked goods, breads and fruits were you could just walk up. I thought the food was good to average. Made to order omelet's were good and made quite quickly. I also enjoyed the caramel rolls with caramel pecan topping to pour yourself as well as the bread pudding (French toast flavor I think?). Overall it was good, but $100 for 3 of us (which I was expecting, but ouch!)

Pros:

Different options. Omelet bar.

Cons:

Long lines and crowded

Reviewed by grammie523 Review Date: 04/17/2019

A MUST Do at Disney World! We eat here for breakfast at least once every single trip! I have taken multiple family members, including children, that have different tastes in food & everybody LOVES this restaurant! It not only has great, quality food, the restaurant & resort are beautiful! We usually eat breakfast & then go out & watch the animals roaming.If you want awesome food & a good time, GO HERE FOR BREAKFAST! The bread pudding with vanilla sauce is amazing! The Jambo juice is delicious! There's African dishes & American dishes & even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy this place! Some Disney restaurants seem like they go downhill after awhile, but not here! We've been going to Boma for about 7 years now & have NEVER had a bad experience! Do yourself a favor & go here for Breakfast!!!

Pros:

Tons of food, lots of choices, beautiful restaurant! And you can go see the animals!

Cons:

My only complaint is that it's a pain to get here from other resorts, if you don't have a car. This will not keep me from going ever, but you do have to plan extra time, if using Disney buses.

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

We ate here several times on our trip in feb 2018 They have a carved meat area, the ham and turkey are out of this world. the african selections are great, my husband cant get enough of the turkey bobotie. large tropical fruit selection, good bakery and the pog drink, so good

Pros:

Everything is good African selection

Reviewed by LisaFrank2001 Review Date: 09/28/2018

We had our most recent visit to Boma breakfast 8/28-as usual it was the best meal of the trip !! We have been countless times to Boma and each time it is fantastic. We enjoy a little bit of everything—my personal faves are the oak roasted tomatoes, Mickey waffles and banana nut bread. As usual great service, love the Jungle Juice (which FYI you can get frozen jungle juice at the Mara!!) we will be back again and again.

Pros:

Fresh plentiful foods. Wide variety of items, regular breakfast foods and African inspired choices.

Cons:

none, this is consistently one of the best meals on property.

Reviewed by cmschn Review Date: 09/27/2018

Even though we aren’t big buffet people in “real” life, we did eat at several buffets on our Dec ‘17 trip. We were staying at AKL so I really wanted to try Boma. I loved all the different unique choices that you can’t get normally. My husband thought the food was good, but not amazing. He eats meat and I am a vegetarian, so our food selections were very different. I was excited for my daughter to try the Simba waffles, but they actually were kind of burnt and tough. But many other things were delicious!

Pros:

Unique food, unique atmosphere, generally good food

Cons:

Loud

Reviewed by lt4bags Review Date: 09/12/2018

Had breakfast here for the first time on 9/2 - one of the best meals I've ever had! The ham and turkey (try the mustard sauce) as well as the oak grilled asparagus and tomatoes.. oh my gosh! Everything was amazing, the cast members are great! Will definitely do this again - will try dinner too next time!

Pros:

Just about everything!

Reviewed by KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

This is a breakfast buffer and as such did its job well. We ate there before half of my daughters relatives went home and there were a lot of good food comments. I only gave it a 7 because it is just a buffet even if it did its job well

Pros:

Good Servie Good Food

Reviewed by gullgeorge Review Date: 12/10/2017

Still the best breakfast buffet at Disney. Also excellent food and service. Have ate her three times in the past year always on a Thursday and the price December 2016 was $18, then $25 in May and now $28.

Pros:

Food selection

Cons:

Price

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo and Kidani)