Reviews of Boma Flavors of Africa Breakfast - Jambo House

Buffet Style
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

Breakfast Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/boma/breakfast

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

We ate here several times on our trip in feb 2018 They have a carved meat area, the ham and turkey are out of this world. the african selections are great, my husband cant get enough of the turkey bobotie. large tropical fruit selection, good bakery and the pog drink, so good

Pros:

Everything is good African selection

Reviewer: LisaFrank2001 Review Date: 09/28/2018

We had our most recent visit to Boma breakfast 8/28-as usual it was the best meal of the trip !! We have been countless times to Boma and each time it is fantastic. We enjoy a little bit of everything—my personal faves are the oak roasted tomatoes, Mickey waffles and banana nut bread. As usual great service, love the Jungle Juice (which FYI you can get frozen jungle juice at the Mara!!) we will be back again and again.

Pros:

Fresh plentiful foods. Wide variety of items, regular breakfast foods and African inspired choices.

Cons:

none, this is consistently one of the best meals on property.

Reviewer: cmschn Review Date: 09/27/2018

Even though we aren’t big buffet people in “real” life, we did eat at several buffets on our Dec ‘17 trip. We were staying at AKL so I really wanted to try Boma. I loved all the different unique choices that you can’t get normally. My husband thought the food was good, but not amazing. He eats meat and I am a vegetarian, so our food selections were very different. I was excited for my daughter to try the Simba waffles, but they actually were kind of burnt and tough. But many other things were delicious!

Pros:

Unique food, unique atmosphere, generally good food

Cons:

Loud

Reviewer: lt4bags Review Date: 09/12/2018

Had breakfast here for the first time on 9/2 - one of the best meals I've ever had! The ham and turkey (try the mustard sauce) as well as the oak grilled asparagus and tomatoes.. oh my gosh! Everything was amazing, the cast members are great! Will definitely do this again - will try dinner too next time!

Pros:

Just about everything!

Reviewer: KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

This is a breakfast buffer and as such did its job well. We ate there before half of my daughters relatives went home and there were a lot of good food comments. I only gave it a 7 because it is just a buffet even if it did its job well

Pros:

Good Servie Good Food

Reviewer: gullgeorge Review Date: 12/10/2017

Still the best breakfast buffet at Disney. Also excellent food and service. Have ate her three times in the past year always on a Thursday and the price December 2016 was $18, then $25 in May and now $28.

Pros:

Food selection

Cons:

Price

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 07/16/2017

My family of 5 had breakfast reservations here on the 4th of July at 9:15 am. This was the meal I was most looking forward to. The food was great, and the selection of offerings huge. There was so much to choose from, and everything we ate was delicious, and constantly being replenished.
However, our server was AWFUl. She spilled a pitcher of juice all over my daughter's right side, and then almost did it a second time down her back. She wasn't very apologetic, and it put a damper on the entire meal. She then proceeded to ignore us for the rest of the meal, while our plates stacked up and our drinks remained empty.
I later spoke to the manager, who was very apologetic, and credited our room charges $50, to cover the cost to buy my daughter a new outfit. This was very generous.
I would definitely give this place another try, simply because the food was so good...

Pros:

Food Selection

Cons:

Service

Reviewer: annat856 Review Date: 02/17/2017

My party of six had breakfast here on December 14th. This is one of our favorite restaurants in Disney World! And it did not disappoint! The chef took DD 21 around the buffet to let her know what she can eat that is dairy free. They also brought her some chocolate babycakes that are wonderful! I really enjoy the grilled Asparagus, tomatoes, Bobtie and other African dishes. For the less adventurous eaters there is roasted meats, an omelette station, and plenty of fruit and baked items for a more typical American breakfast. The juice here is great! The staff is the friendliest here and at the Lodge itself as well!

Pros:

the huge variety and friendly staff

Reviewer: LISAE Review Date: 08/13/2016

This is without a doubt our favourite breakfast worldwide. Where to start?
Not our first trip and definitely not our last. A trip to Walt Disney World would not be a perfect trip without a visit here.
The corned beef is always outstanding (second only to the sticky toffee pecan buns). The juice is loved by both my teenage kids. Just wish you didn't have to wait for the busy server to get refills.
Great coffee, lovely choice of fruit and pastries.
A new try for me this trip was the French toast bread pudding which had a pour on sauce the same as the sauce poured over the pecan buns.
Just too delicious for words. If this resort was easier to get too I would eat here every morning of a fourteen day stay.

Pros:

Best buffet breakfast in the world.

Cons:

Wish they would leave the juice for self serve

Reviewer: Swin1989 Review Date: 05/14/2016

Hubby and I ate breakfast here on April 20, 2016. I had read a lot about how amazing this resort is and thought I'd book a meal here and that would give us a chance to explore. Our reservation was at 9:30am. We checked in a little early and only waited about 5 minutes for a table. All of the food we tried from the buffet was good and the atmosphere was very nice. However, it's not something we'd do again because it can be time consuming when trying to travel between resorts and it's not a resort we'd likely stay at. I guess we didn't have the same awe struck impressions as others have had. Not saying it wasn't nice. It just didn't do much for us. Although some of the furnishings in the lobby were beautiful.