Reviews of Boma Flavors of Africa Dinner - Jambo House

Buffet Style
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/boma/dinner

Reviewed by Bubbe415 Review Date: 06/19/2019

we are not too adventurous but we come here almost every trip. there's something for everyone. one of our party is allergic to garlic and they always make her a great steak. We do try a lot of the foods but not all! have found few things we cant stand and havent seen those in a while so i cant say what they are. there's a wide range of food.

Pros:

variety. service. interesting things. american foods. you can taste a lot! not too noisy even!

Cons:

the buffet is not very spread out so around the meats and salads can get crowded.

Reviewed by jannielane Review Date: 05/07/2019

We continue to enjoy Boma because you can choose a different meal no matter how many times you visit. I tend to stick to salads, soups and seafood. Other members of our group of three seniors also tried meats, fufu, breads and rice. It seems that the selection of dishes is slowly being reduced, as the price rises, but Boma is still a good value for theme park dining. Our latest visit was marred by overly tired children (we were there after 8:00 pm) wandering and whining, and by rude people barging into buffet lines when there were obvious lines (as at the carving station).

Pros:

Good selections; good service

Cons:

Can be crowded and noisy

Reviewed by Dee519 Review Date: 04/21/2019

this is by far an excellent buffet to go to. the choices are fantastic - so many new items to try. My husband has an onion allergy. the chef came out and walked him around the food telling him what did NOT have onions and then asked him what items other than those he might like to have - then he/she would go in the back and prepare a beautiful and delicious dish fit for a king - onion free. Such great service all around there and the food and ambience is fabulous. This is a must go to place for us. Love the Jungle Juice too

Pros:

Food and service and atmosphere is fantastic and the price is reasonable

Cons:

Because it's in a resort that's so removed it may be a challenge for some to get to who do not have a car.

Reviewed by annat856 Review Date: 12/05/2018

We went here last week for dinner. This is a good buffet and a pretty good selection for the adventurous eater. My favorite soup is the Mulligatawny, so good! I also like the fufu and mash pototoes were good as well as a pasta salad. The desserts just were not as good this time. I actually preferred the ones at Hollywood and Vine. Nice waitress and kept up with our plates and refills as well as asking if I wanted coffee with dessert. The place was hectic! I prefer breakfast and will try to do that next time.

Pros:

Nice selection of entrees and sides, great soup

Cons:

The price has gone way up!

Reviewed by Crow323 Review Date: 11/08/2018

soups were good, one of the better buffets I went to this trip. meat was better than other places.

Pros:

selection of food

Cons:

the salad bar wasnt that great

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Great buffet, had been here many times. Have to try it, there is something for everyone.

Pros:

The best buffet at Disneyworld

Cons:

Can be hard to get a reservation

Reviewed by morgaa2 Review Date: 09/27/2018

A regular must-do on our trips. The buffet is varied and unique and the service is generally quite good.

Pros:

Unique buffet options. Animal Kingdom Lodge itself is also worth a visit as the atmosphere and design is well done.

Cons:

A bit out of the way if you are staying anywhere other then Animal Kingdom Lodge. We try to pair it with a day at Animal Kingdom park as it is nearby.

Reviewed by theveganwifey Review Date: 09/26/2018

Not your average buffet. Great selection with plenty of healthy and interesting options. Great choice for vegans and vegetarians. Breakfast is one of the best values on property.

Pros:

Delicious food, buffet style serving, great staff

Cons:

No animal views from the dining room.

Reviewed by Skidown32 Review Date: 09/11/2018

My husband and I were blown away. The food, especially for an "all you can eat" restaurant was spectacular. We had a reservation. Waited about 3 minutes for seating and then we just were so surprised by the food. I have thought everything was delicious except for the desert. I only had a some cookies and a bite of an orea cupcake. none of it was worth the calories so I passed. I am not a lover of sweets anyway so I honestly didnt mind. Dont miss this restaurant!!

Pros:

Pleasantly Surprised!!

Cons:

deserts

Reviewed by KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

Although a buffer I give this a 9 because of the great normal and African centric choices. The soups were incredible and after introducing several members of our group to Zebra Domes they all want to go here on our next trip.

Pros:

Great Selection

Cons:

Was crowded that night

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo and Kidani)