Reviews of Boma Flavors of Africa Dinner - Jambo House

Buffet Style
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/boma/dinner

Reviewer: annat856 Review Date: 12/05/2018

We went here last week for dinner. This is a good buffet and a pretty good selection for the adventurous eater. My favorite soup is the Mulligatawny, so good! I also like the fufu and mash pototoes were good as well as a pasta salad. The desserts just were not as good this time. I actually preferred the ones at Hollywood and Vine. Nice waitress and kept up with our plates and refills as well as asking if I wanted coffee with dessert. The place was hectic! I prefer breakfast and will try to do that next time.

Pros:

Nice selection of entrees and sides, great soup

Cons:

The price has gone way up!

Reviewer: Crow323 Review Date: 11/08/2018

soups were good, one of the better buffets I went to this trip. meat was better than other places.

Pros:

selection of food

Cons:

the salad bar wasnt that great

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Great buffet, had been here many times. Have to try it, there is something for everyone.

Pros:

The best buffet at Disneyworld

Cons:

Can be hard to get a reservation

Reviewer: morgaa2 Review Date: 09/27/2018

A regular must-do on our trips. The buffet is varied and unique and the service is generally quite good.

Pros:

Unique buffet options. Animal Kingdom Lodge itself is also worth a visit as the atmosphere and design is well done.

Cons:

A bit out of the way if you are staying anywhere other then Animal Kingdom Lodge. We try to pair it with a day at Animal Kingdom park as it is nearby.

Reviewer: theveganwifey Review Date: 09/26/2018

Not your average buffet. Great selection with plenty of healthy and interesting options. Great choice for vegans and vegetarians. Breakfast is one of the best values on property.

Pros:

Delicious food, buffet style serving, great staff

Cons:

No animal views from the dining room.

Reviewer: Skidown32 Review Date: 09/11/2018

My husband and I were blown away. The food, especially for an "all you can eat" restaurant was spectacular. We had a reservation. Waited about 3 minutes for seating and then we just were so surprised by the food. I have thought everything was delicious except for the desert. I only had a some cookies and a bite of an orea cupcake. none of it was worth the calories so I passed. I am not a lover of sweets anyway so I honestly didnt mind. Dont miss this restaurant!!

Pros:

Pleasantly Surprised!!

Cons:

deserts

Reviewer: KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

Although a buffer I give this a 9 because of the great normal and African centric choices. The soups were incredible and after introducing several members of our group to Zebra Domes they all want to go here on our next trip.

Pros:

Great Selection

Cons:

Was crowded that night

Reviewer: jannielane Review Date: 03/01/2018

I continue to enjoy eating at Boma, although as I get older, I'm not sure that I eat enough to justify the price. I tend to stick to the soups, salads and fish dishes, all of which are enjoyable. The night my husband and I ate there, seating was extremely slow (the beginning of December) and the staff was having a hard time keeping up the little messes along the buffet line. There were lots of little kids serving themselves and leaving glops of food on the serving stations. Our table server was very nice and attentive. Servers at the buffet were pleasant, if swamped. The selection of food seems a bit smaller than at our last visit, but there is still plenty of variety.

Pros:

Excellent buffet

Cons:

Not quite what it used to be

Reviewer: Donald_13 Review Date: 02/04/2018

We came here expecting a good culinary experience.

Found out it was the local favorite buffet and I was trying to figure out why?

The wait time in the buffet line was around 5 minutes and the selection was good from nut encrusted salmon, mash potatoes, sautéed vegetables, carved meats etc.

The locals bragged about trying the Fufu but to me ( A Chef of 19 years) it was a sweet potato purée that taste like baby food.

The Deserts weren't impressive at all, small selections of cup cakes, zebra domes, coffee tarts and cherry cobbler.

The only thing that was delicious was my drink, the African Rum Runner.

It was impressive to see that everything on the buffet was healthy and nothing deep fried, but it wasn't impressive enough to come back.

Pros:

Great staff, Decent food

Cons:

Long wait time, not much for desersts

Reviewer: jeconk Review Date: 01/07/2018

Boma is an experience restaurant. A place to go to experience different foods. I am no the overly adventurous type when it comes to trying new foods and don't like spicy foods but I had no problem finding plenty to eat at Boma. Since it is a buffet, I was able to take small samples of various foods on my plate to try. If I didn't like it, not much is wasted, but if I did, I could go back for more.

The children's buffet is very traditional American which takes care of satisfying picky child eaters (and some adults...lol) and the main buffet has plenty of traditional dishes (with African flare) to satisfy adults. There are so many choices in all different areas that you can't go wrong.

The line for main entrees was long most of the time that we were there but most of the other action stations (soups, salads, desserts, children's buffet, sides) were not usually crowded and you could just walk up to those if you wanted to skip the main entrees. Our waiter was ok and cleared our plates quickly and kept our drinks full.

It is a quite expensive buffet ($50 a person), but after all, it is Disney and their buffets tend to be expensive.

Another benefit of visiting Boma is that you get to see Animal Kingdom Lodge, a very pretty lodge with decks you can walk out on and possibly see animals roaming.

Please note that if you are riding the Disney Shuttle to Animal Kingdom Lodge, you want to get off at "Jambo House" and not "Kidani Village." We were talking to a couple after dinner who had gotten off at the wrong stop....lol.

Pros:

Can sample different foods, plenty on children's buffet to keep them happy; Get to see Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Cons:

Lines can be long for some stations. Very expensive