Reviews of Mara - Jambo House

Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

Breakfast Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/mara/breakfast

Lunch/Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/mara/lunch-dinner

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/31/2018

I cannot say enough great things about this quick service restaurant. The food was so good, the service was amazing and they had fantastic desserts and drinks.

Pros:

Food, drinks, service (beyond amazing cast members). Cost. Uncrowded.

Cons:

No cons.

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

When we stay here we always eat here for lunch or a light dinner. The special of the day is always one of the carved meats, corn beef, turkey or ham. all are excellent and are the best choices on the menu. If the weather isn't to hot we like to sit outside but watch out the birds there will land on your table and steal some food if you leave it unattended for a moment. There is also inside dining.

Pros:

the specials of the day

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

The food is OK, but I would say for being at higher end hotel, I think the quick service locations in the All Star resorts are better than here.

Pros:

Lowest cost option at AK Resort

Cons:

Nothing special for being at a higher end hotel

Reviewed by KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

I rate this place as mid way between a 7 and 8. It is just a solid counter service restaurant. We ate there several times and when the cook/server noticed I take everything no pork (try to keep largely kosher) she loaded my platter down with extra eggs.

Pros:

Good place for breakfast

Reviewed by maddox4 Review Date: 11/15/2017

We always stop here on our way home and get the carved meat sandwich of the day to go. It’s become quite the tradition and we always hope for the turkey but the ham is good also. When we were there in Sept we were not on the dining plan but it is still a reasonably priced option. The kitchen seemed a little off that day as we had to go back twice to get the correct order. When I explained we were taking it on the road they packed it with the condiments on the side which was helpful.

Pros:

relatively inexpensive

Cons:

kitchen crew not always the best

Reviewed by mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/10/2017

We made the trip out to dine here because I had to try a zebra dome which was a little less than what I expected but still good. My husband at the black angus burger and found it to be okay; however the Braa chicken flatbread & BBQ pork sandwich are the real winners here. The flatbread had such good flavor from the distinct ranch sauce used and the tangy slaw of the sandwich was the right taste. It doens't hurt that this location give you the chance to explore the Animal Kingdom lodge

Pros:

Great food, not very crowded

Cons:

Could be difficult to get to if you're not near Animal Kingdom

Reviewed by SusieH212 Review Date: 08/20/2017

I was thrilled to have cast member Liul from Vietnam, go out of her way to make sure I got my vegan Mickey waffles! Mara needs more cast members as there were long lines to order & everything needed to be refilled (cream, etc)

Pros:

Vegan option

Cons:

Needs more Cast Members

Reviewed by maddox4 Review Date: 04/19/2017

We always make it a point to stop at this quick service even when we stay in a different resort. And, we always try to come on turkey sandwich day! This trip (March 17) we grabbed these meals as we were leaving for home, packed them in our cooler and ate them for supper on the road that evening. The meat is cooked so well it never seems dried out and love the homemade chips.

Pros:

turkey sandwiches!

Reviewed by bjtrax Review Date: 03/21/2017

Still the best Caesar Salad we have found anywhere. Made a special trip from Saratoga Springs to get it (and spend some time with the animals)!

Pros:

delicious

Reviewed by MaAnniee Review Date: 01/27/2016

The burgers were okay, but of the various items tried on this trip everything was meh...

The butternut soup too similar in taste to pumpkin pie and was thicken so much that it was quite congealed.

The pepperoni flatbread pizza was okay, but the vegetable and bbq chicken both had a very sweet drizzle on top. The bbq chicken base was also very sweet and overwhelmed the chicken.

Forgot to get the first caesar salad with dressing on the side and it was so overdressed that is was a soggy mess. Most of it went in the trash. The caesar dressing was emulsified with so much mustard that it was a dominate flavor.

We gave up after these misses and went to Disney Springs and brought back salads and sandwiches from Earl for the times when we wanted something quick and didn't want to eat in the parks.

Pros:

ease of access for those staying at Jambo House

Cons:

quality of food (other than a burger) seriously declined