New Year's Eve
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Guest Holiday Comments
- Candlelight Procesional
- Epcot Storytellers
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- Osborne Lights
New Year's Eve 2014 at WDW
Walt Disney World has not yet announced all the New Year's Eve festivities for this December 31, but here's an idea of what has happened in the past:
All across World Showcase, an exciting assortment of unique celebrations are taking place, each one just waiting to be discovered. Explore the cultures at participating pavilions—including China, Italy, Mexico, United Kingdom and America—as you soak up the sounds of their featured bands or DJs.
- Long before the clock strikes midnight, gather with Guests of all ages around World Showcase Lagoon for a special rendition of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Marvel at the spirited message this showcase of humanity has to offer, complete with a holiday grand finale featuring a seasonal message of peace and goodwill.
- Finally, indulge 2013 with a lasting “bon voyage” courtesy of the New Year’s Countdown Fireworks—an exhilarating cherry topping off the extravaganza and lighting up the skies above Epcot!
DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
- Then, as midnight makes its approach, gaze upward in anticipation as the evening ignites into an amazing shower of shimmering light. Watch in wonder as these majestic fireworks unfold above you and cascade into a glimmering scene sure to inspire awe in one and all!
- Prepare yourself for the Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks, an extraordinary holiday display at Magic Kingdom Park!
- From Main Street, U.S.A. to Liberty Square to the forests of New Fantasyland, get ready to gaze in amazement as the evening sky illuminates into an unforgettable New Year’s Eve spectacle! No matter which iconic land you might find yourself in, see the park in an all-new light as you’re surrounded by a thunderous shower of celebratory sparkles.
To date, only some New Year's Eve dining details have been released:
-- At Epcot World Showcase, Biergarten Restaurant in Germany is offering both lunch and dinner celebrations; La Hacienda de San Angel in Mexico is offering a New Year's Eve dinner; Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada has three seatings.
Monsieur Paul in France offers two different dining opportunities: one taking place from noon to 6 p.m., and a special evening celebration starting between 8:45 and 9:50 p.m. New Year's Eve Dining at Monsieur Paul is available for $235 per person, plus tax and gratuity. You can also enjoy each course with individual wine pairings -- available for $295 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Advance reservations are required and can be made by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) WDW-3463. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
The World ShowPlace pavilion also will host a custom dinner package called Fantasia 2014 -- an enchanting celebration immersed in popular music and magical scenes from Disney’s classic feature films, Fantasia and Fantasia 2000. Fantasia 2014 will include a buffet with:
- An assortment of soups and salads -- farm fresh greens, antipasto salad with basil, seafood harvest chowder, grilled flatbread and hummus
- Hot food offerings like chimichurri-baked mahi mahi with mango chutney and carved deep-fried turkey breast with garlic and cranberry sauce
- A dessert station starring carrot-spiced cream cheese cupcakes, guava and apple turnovers, and a chocolate fondue with all the fixin's
- Tons of goodies for the kids, including fried chicken fritters, baked mini corn dogs, macaroni & cheese and more
And once dinner comes to a close, be sure to head over to the World ShowPlace promenade where you can welcome the New Year in true Disney style -- with a fireworks spectacular!
General admission to New Year's Eve Dining at Epcot World ShowPlace costs $64.99 for adults; $41.99 for kids (per person, plus tax). Please note: Separate theme park admission is required.
Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) WDW-3463. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
-- In the Magic Kingdom, Tomorrowland Terrace will feature a New Year's Eve fireworks dessert party twice nightly on December 30-31.
-- At Disney's Hollywood Studios, Hollywood & Vine will host a special holiday dinner buffet.
-- In the resorts, special dining for ringing in the New Year is planned at Flying Fish Cafe at Disney's BoardWalk; Victoria & Albert's and Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa; The Wave... of American Flavors and California Grill at Disney's Contemporary Resort; and Trail's End Restaurant at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground (lunch and dinner). For information and reservations, call 407-WDW-DINE.
Registered guests at select Disney resort hotels will be treated to special holiday music and entertainment.
Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney's Boardwalk Resort offers a special-ticket New Year's Eve party from 8 p.m.-2 a.m. with a video DJ and limited viewing of Epcot's Fireworks.
Be sure to check with your resort for activities.
Specific information for 2014 has not yet been released, but in past years, DisneyQuest, Splitsville, Raglan Road and other Downtown Disney locations have offered special New Year's packages. Stay tuned for this year's details!
Visit our New Year's with the Family Reader Comments Page HERE for more ideas on what to do in the World during the holidays.