New Year's Eve
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Guest Holiday Comments
- Candlelight Procesional
- Epcot Storytellers
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- Osborne Lights
New Year's Eve 2013 at WDW
Walt Disney World announced New Year's Eve festivities for this December 31:
All across World Showcase, an exciting assortment of unique celebrations are taking place, each one just waiting to be discovered. Explore the cultures at participating pavilions—including China, Italy, Mexico, United Kingdom and America—as you soak up the sounds of their featured bands or DJs.
- But the party doesn’t stop there! Long before the clock strikes midnight, gather with Guests of all ages around World Showcase Lagoon for a special rendition of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Marvel at the spirited message this showcase of humanity has to offer, complete with a holiday grand finale featuring a seasonal message of peace and goodwill.
- Finally, indulge 2013 with a lasting “bon voyage” courtesy of the New Year’s Countdown Fireworks—an exhilarating cherry topping off the extravaganza and lighting up the skies above Epcot!
DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
- Come December 31, 2013, experience the magic when “rake and roll” cover band Mulch, Sweat and Sheers takes the stage for a set of iconic songs—some you might love and others you could be hearing for the first time!
- Then, as midnight makes its approach, gaze upward in anticipation as the evening ignites into an amazing shower of shimmering light. Watch in wonder as these majestic fireworks unfold above you and cascade into a glimmering scene sure to inspire awe in one and all!
- Bear witness to the magic of the New Year as you christen 2014 in the grandest of fashions—it’s the New Year's Eve Celebration featuring Mulch, Sweat and Shears, only at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- Prepare yourself for the Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks, an extraordinary holiday display at Magic Kingdom Park!
- From Main Street, U.S.A. to Liberty Square to the forests of New Fantasyland, get ready to gaze in amazement as the evening sky illuminates into an unforgettable New Year’s Eve spectacle! No matter which iconic land you might find yourself in, see the park in an all-new light as you’re surrounded by a thunderous shower of celebratory sparkles.
- Rest assured, this is one midnight countdown set to usher in 2014 in the most memorable way possible. Immerse yourself in the Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks—taking place December 31, 2013, only at Magic Kingdom park!
Restaurants around the World offer special New Year's Eve menus. Visit the New Year's Eve Menu Page HERE for details as they become available.
Special New Year's Eve Dining: Many Walt Disney World restaurants will feature special menus during the holidays, and for New Year's Eve in particular. (Call 1-407-WDW-DINE for details or to make reservations, unless otherwise noted.)
For specific information about other holiday dining offerings at Disney resort hotels on Dec. 31, call 407-WDW-DINE.
- Registered guests at select Disney resort hotels will be treated to music and entertainment. At Narcoosee's restaurant (Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa), for instance, there will be a four-course dining experience for $161.85 for adults and $77.19 for children, plus DJ, balloon artist and special fireworks viewing.
- Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney's Boardwalk Resort offers a special-ticket New Year's Eve party from 8 p.m.-2 a.m. with a video DJ and limited viewing of Epcot's Fireworks.
Be sure to check with your resort for activities.
- DisneyQuest – This interactive gaming location will host a special New Year's Eve event December 31, beginning at 8 p.m., that will feature two DJ dance parties, a meal and beverage, access to all DisneyQuest attractions, meet-and-greets with Disney characters, and a New Year's Eve countdown and confetti drop at midnight. Tickets cost $50 per person and are available online or by calling 407-934-7639. Day-of tickets can be purchased at DisneyQuest for $60.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes – This brand-new addition to Downtown Disney will host its first New Year's Event Party, for ages 21 and up, on December 31, featuring great food and beverages, a DJ, dancing, pool tables and more. Special Bowling Packages cost $175 per person (minimum 4 people) and includes 3.5 hours of bowling and shoe rental, choice of one appetizer and one entrée per person, two drink tickets, one bottle of champagne or house wine, and non-alcoholic beverages. Table Packages cost $100 per person and include a 3.5-hour table reservation, choice of one appetizer/entree per person, two drink tickets, one bottle of champagne or house wine, and non-alcoholic beverages. For more information, call 407-938-PINS.
- Bongos Cuban Cafe – Head to Bongos for a New Year's celebration that features a four-course dinner, champagne, party favors, live music and a midnight celebration. The party lasts from 8 p.m.-2 a.m. To reserve your table, contact GRodriguez@BongosCubanCafe.com.
- At Cirque du Soleil, located at Downtown Disney, all guests attending the December 31 performances will receive a limited-edition Walt Disney World/Cirque trading pin. Shows are at 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. For pricing contact 407/WDW/SEAT.
Raglan Road – New Year's fun begins at 6 p.m. with house band Creel and Irish dancing. In addition to great food, the pub will also offer complimentary champagne toasts at 7 p.m. and midnight.
- House of Blues – The reggae band SOJA will take the stage at 9 p.m. on New Year's Eve. Tickets cost $37-$40, and the concert is open to guests of all ages. Visit the House of Blues website for tickets.
- Babycakes helps ring in New Year's resolutions with healthy treats from Babycakes NYC. Guests may schedule pick-up orders at least 48-hours in advance for December 30-January 1, 2013, and receive a 20% discount.
- At Planet Hollywood, now through December 31, you can buy two merchandise items and get the third free. (No other Promotions or Discounts, vouchers apply. Discount not good on jackets. Free item is the lesser priced item).
Visit our New Year's with the Family Reader Comments Page HERE for more ideas on what to do in the World during the holidays.