New Year's Eve
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- A Frozen Holiday Wish Castle Lighting
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Guest Holiday Comments
- Candlelight Processional
- Epcot Storytellers
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- Osborne Lights
New Year's Eve 2015 at WDW
Walt Disney World New Year's Eve festivities for this December 31:
Epcot – Guests can celebrate all night long at Epcot. DJs and live music around World Showcase bring guests to their feet with beats from around the globe. Two showings of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” fireworks spectacular at 6 p.m. and 11:40 p.m., followed by a countdown and pyrotechnic salute to the New Year will top off the celebration.
Magic Kingdom – Guests can get a head start on welcoming 2016 at Magic Kingdom as New Year’s Eve fireworks light up the sky on two nights instead of one. Magic Kingdom will present a jaw-dropping presentation of “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks on both Wednesday, Dec. 30, and Thursday, Dec. 31 at 11:50 p.m.
Disney's Hollywood Studios – Rock ’n’ roll into the New Year with a brilliant fireworks spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The show will be presented on Dec. 31 near the Hyperion Theater at midnight.
To date, only some New Year's Eve dining details have been released:
-- At Epcot World Showcase:
- --La Hacienda de San Angel: Seating begins at 9:30 p.m. for this five-course, prix-fixe dinner with alcohol pairings. The party includes a welcome margarita for adults, live entertainment from the mariachi band, and a view of the fireworks at Epcot. Cost is $280.13 for adults, and $73.46 for children.
- -- Le Cellier Steakhouse: Dinner seatings at 4:30 and 6:45 (both seatings $148.04 for adults; $47.93 for children), and 9 p.m. ($211.94/$69.23). Lunch will also be served on New Year's Eve from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- -- Monsieur Paul: A special 3-course prix-fixe menu with lunch seatings at 11:45 a.m., noon, 2:15 p.m., and 2:45 p.m.; dinner at 5:45 and 6:15 p.m. Late-night dinner is four courses with seatings at 8:45 and 9:45 p.m. ($235 without wine, $295 with wine; note that there is no special pricing for children).
- -- The World ShowPlace pavilion Dinner buffet, photo opportunities and classic Disney tunes make this a great dinner for the whole family. A variety of soups and salads, oven-baked cod, chicken breast, mojo-roasted pork, carved mesquite-spiced deep-fried turkey breast, plenty of sides and a scrumptious dessert station. A kid-friendly station features favorites like mac and cheese, fried chicken fritters, mini corn dogs and more. General admission is $71.84 for adults and $44.37 for kids, per person, plus tax. Please note: Separate theme park admission is required.
-- At the Magic Kingdom: For guests with a sweet tooth, Tomorrowland Terrace will feature a New Year’s Eve fireworks dessert party twice nightly during the “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks spectacular Dec. 30-31. Reservations can be made up to two weeks in advance by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
-- At California Grill at Disney's Contemporary Resort: This gala features food stations throughout the restaurant, and an unbeatable view of Magic Kingdom Park fireworks. A complimentary bar will be available, in addition to wine poured by the glass until midnight. Dress code: a dinner jacket is required for men (tie optional) and dress or pants ensemble for women. Payment is due in advance; cost is $625/person, including tax and gratuity.
At Disney's Contemporary Resort: For a celebratory New Year’s Day feast, guests can book brunch at Chef Mickey’s. Price is $44.72 for adults and $26.62 for children ages 3-9.
-- At Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian Resort: A four-course prix-fixe meal overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon. First seating takes place between 5 and 5:55 p.m. ($159.75 for adults; $74.55 for children), second from 8:45 to 9:40 p.m. ($317.48/$118.28).
-- At Victoria & Albert's at the Grand Floridian Resort: There is a 10-course menu including eight savory courses and two dessert courses. Also offered is a nine-course wine pairing with eclectic and low-production wines.
-- At Walt Disney World Swan Hotel: limited-time New Year’s Eve menus in two tasty locations. For a scrumptious buffet accompanied by Disney Character greetings, guests can visit the enchanting Garden Grove. Price is $48.98 for adults and $21.29 for children ages 3-9 (includes tax but not gratuity). To ring in the New Year with Italian fare, guests can enjoy a festive feast at Il Mulino, with reservations available from 7:15-11 p.m. This authentic Italian meal experience costs $105 for adults and $39 for children ages 3-9 (plus tax and gratuity).
Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) WDW-3463. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
And once dinner comes to a close, be sure to head over to the World ShowPlace promenade where you can welcome the New Year in true Disney style -- with a fireworks spectacular!
Registered guests at select Disney resort hotels will be treated to special holiday music and entertainment.
Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney's Boardwalk Resort will have a live big band, party hats and horns, a viewing of the Epcot fireworks at midnight, and champagne toast. A VIP experience, which includes access to the exclusive VIP section with bartender, ample seating, and a New Year's Eve dessert bar, is also offered.
Be sure to check with your resort for activities.
Specific information for 2015 has not yet been released, but in past years, DisneyQuest, Splitsville, Raglan Road and other Disney Springs locations have offered special New Year's packages. Stay tuned for this year's details!
Visit our New Year's with the Family Reader Comments Page HERE for more ideas on what to do in the World during the holidays.