New Year's Eve
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- A Frozen Holiday Wish Castle Lighting
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
Guest Holiday Comments
New Year's Eve 2016 at WDW
"Disney Countdown to Midnight – A New Year's Eve Celebration" at Disney's Contemporary Resort
This ticketed event will take place Dec. 31, 2016, beginning at 8 p.m. at the hotel's Convention Center in the Fantasia Ballroom. There will be dancing to music spanning from the '60s to today, and "best-of-the-best" bites and wine pairings from California Grill, Flying Fish, Cítricos and Narcoossee's. The group Alter Ego will perform their extravagant music- and dance-filled revue. There will also be a unique musical act playing songs of today with a retro twist outdoors. The event will be highlighted with Magic Kingdom fireworks viewing and a champagne toast. There will also be themed photo backdrops and props to help you capture the memories of the evening and receive a souvenir to commemorate the night. Complimentary transportation will be provided for select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
Tickets for this all-ages special evening are extremely limited and cost $225.00 per guest (includes tax and gratuities). Reservations will open on July 4. To purchase or for more information, visit DisneyWorld.com or call 407-939-3463.
- New Year's Eve at Epcot World ShowPlace. The spacious World ShowPlace Events pavilion opens for an all-you-care-to-eat extravaganza. Great photo ops with fun vignettes for posing (but no Disney characters) and Disney tunes make this a real family affair. Soups, salads, hearty dishes and desserts – and the kids get their own station with favorites like mac 'n cheese, meatballs, chicken fritters and more. Seatings available from 3-9 p.m., $72.90, $44.38 ages 3 to 11. Later in the evening, head out to the promenade for fireworks over World Showcase Lagoon to welcome 2017.
- Monsieur Paul New Year's Eve Dinner. The elegant upstairs dining room at the France pavilion at Epcot will offer six seatings on New Year's Eve: 11:45a.m., noon, 2:15p.m., 2:45p.m., 5:45p.m. and 6:15p.m. A four-course, prix fixe menu of classical French cuisine reflects the traditions of Chef Paul Bocuse, one of the most famous chefs in France (for whom the restaurant is named). Cost is $110.81. A special late-night dinner with two seatings at 8:45p.m. and 9:45p.m. offers and enhanced French menu, including Paul Bocuse's famous Soupe aux Truffles V.G.E. Cost is $305.03.
- California Grill New Year's Eve Dinner. The talented California Grill chefs create a dine-around style gala, with cooking stations throughout the restaurant. And we hear that the Disney characters will make appearances – along with Baby New Year. Wine and cocktails are included. And of course a spectacular view of the Magic Kingdom Park fireworks! 7:30 p.m.-midnight, $650. (Dinner jacket required for men.)
- Victoria & Albert's New Year's Eve Dinner. Enjoy a luxurious evening in this AAA Five Diamond restaurant with gracious "butler-style" service, live harp music and personalized menus to remember the special evening. Dinner is 10 courses, including eight savory courses and two desserts including eclectic wines from around the world. Seatings between 6-7:45 p.m. $600.
- La Hacienda de San Angel New Year's Dinner. This special evening at the Mexico pavilion in Epcot World Showcase starts at 9:30p.m. and ends at 1a.m., and includes a five-course prix fixe dinner, live music with the mariachi band and a fabulous view of the Epcot IllumiNations holiday show. Start the evening with a welcome margarita, then try the tequila pairing with the appetizers. Wine is served with the main course (surf n' turf) and a dessert liqueur with the sweet ending.
- Narcoossee's New Year's Eve Dinner, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. A generous four-course menu is offered with seatings between from 5 and 5:45p.m. A five-course menu is offered with seating from 8:30-9:25p.m. for a late-night celebration with live music. The menus both feature favorites such as Narcoossee's lobster bisque, seared Wagyu beef and pan-seared halibut. First seating $150 for adults, $70 children ages 3-9. Second seating $255 for adults, $95 for children ages 3-9.
Walt Disney World New Year's Eve festivities for December 31, 2016 have not yet been announced.
The information below is from last year, just to give you an idea of what sort of entertainment might be offered:
Epcot – Guests can celebrate all night long at Epcot. DJs and live music around World Showcase bring guests to their feet with beats from around the globe. Two showings of "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth" fireworks spectacular at 6 p.m. and 11:40 p.m., followed by a countdown and pyrotechnic salute to the New Year will top off the celebration.
Magic Kingdom – Guests can get a head start on welcoming 2016 at Magic Kingdom as New Year’s Eve fireworks light up the sky on two nights instead of one. Magic Kingdom will present a jaw-dropping presentation of "Fantasy in the Sky" fireworks on both Wednesday, Dec. 30, and Thursday, Dec. 31 at 11:50 p.m.
You can get a head start on the festivities, with a special New Year’s Eve eve presentation of “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks at 11:50 p.m. on Wednesday, December 30. The same show will be repeated on December 31. For families looking to wrap things up a little earlier, both nights will also feature the Holiday Wishes New Year’s Celebration at 6:30 p.m., complete with expanded fireworks and a New Year’s Eve countdown.
Disney's Hollywood Studios – A Disney character dance party highlights the festivities leading up to a special Fireworks Show!
Registered guests at select Disney resort hotels will be treated to special holiday music and entertainment.
Be sure to check with your resort for activities.
Specific information for 2016 has not yet been released, but in past years, DisneyQuest, Splitsville, Raglan Road and other Disney Springs locations have offered special New Year's packages. Stay tuned for this year's details!
Visit our New Year's with the Family Reader Comments Page HERE for more ideas on what to do in the World during the holidays.