Reviews of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (Magic Kingdom)

The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a Holiday Partyland with special decorations. See the first snow fall of the season on Main Street, enjoy two performances of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade and enjoy hot chocolate and cookies.

Special admission ticket required.

FAQ: http://allears.net/tp/hol_mk.htm

Reviewer: Gingy160 Review Date: 12/06/2017

We decided that since we would be at WDW when the party was happening, we'd fork over the cash to experience it once. I did not feel that it was worth the money -- we had a great touring plan, but because of the crowd level we were unable to accomplish anything; and we were all so tired and frustrated by 8pm that we were done. We managed to stick around for a Totally Tomorrowland Christmas, a Frozen Holiday Wish, and the fireworks. My husband said that the fireworks alone were worth the money. I'm cheaper than he is, so although the fireworks *were* amazing I'm not so sure. We are glad we did it once, but we will not be doing it again.

Pros:

Um, the fireworks?

Cons:

Expensive, crowded

Reviewer: IanDLBZF Review Date: 03/12/2017

This was my and a friend of mine's first time attending MVMCP, and boy did we have fun! We went on December 16, 2016 which became sold out the morning of the party. Despite it being sold out, we had ourselves the time of our life. Crowds were not as bad as a regular day at MK, surprisingly enough. Tons of rare characters were out (Country Bears, Scrooge, Sandy Claws, Nick Wilde & Judy Hopps (which I actually meet!), just to name a few), and ride wait times were mostly lower than a regular day at MK. However, one thing is for sure, the castle lighting show was a mosh-pit like experience, but well ya know. On the other hand, we saw ZERO tour groups during MVMCP! Would I do MVMCP this year? Yes!

Pros:

Low wait times, snow on Main St, RARE Characters, Free Cookies and Cocoa

Cons:

Only one con, the mosh pit like experience following castle lighting show

Reviewer: AL Review Date: 12/05/2016

Worth every penny. Didn't watch any of the parade or fireworks, just jumped from attraction. Low lines, and for that, Worth Every Penny. Only way we were able to eat at Be Our Guest.

Pros:

LOW Lines, only way to ride the 7 Dwarves and eat at Be Our Guest

Cons:

Can't think of one.

Reviewer: John Review Date: 12/11/2015

We went to the Christmas Party in November 2015 and had a great time. The parade and fireworks are wonderful! The crowds were very low and cast members were very observant and diligent in reminding those who had not purchased a ticket that they would have to leave. Had not seen that before in the previous times we had attended. My grandchildren didn't have to wait very long to ride any ride. They rode Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Seven Dwarves Mine train several times.
Also they were able to get pictures with Characters that are not always available.

Pros:

Short Waits, Low Crowds, great Hot chocalate and cookies

Reviewer: kbw45 Review Date: 01/24/2015

We are Florida residents and DVC members and had already visited WDW in March and August 2014, so we were not doing regular park visits again on this visit. Instead, my husband, 15-yr-old son and I booked MVMCP so we could see the holiday decorations and "snow" in the Magic Kingdom. This was our second MVMCP - the first being in 2005.

We attended on the final evening, Friday, 12/19. We arrived just after 6:30 p.m. and the park was pretty crowded. However, cast members began checking wristbands promptly at 7, and guests without bands were told they could not ride. I am not sure if they could still shop in the stores. In any case, the crowds thinned quickly and noticeably shortly after 7. From that time until park closing at midnight, the crowds were quite small, and we were able to walk onto most rides with no - or very little - waiting. This is impressive, since there are no Fastpasses once the party begins at 7.

Our son has long outgrown waiting in line for character meet & greets, so we took advantage of the small crowds to ride attractions that we normally skip because of slow load times, such as the Carousel and the Astro Orbiter. The only rides with a wait all evening that we encountered were the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Peter Pan. Since we had just ridden the Mine Train in August, we skipped the 40 minute wait. Peter Pan had a wait of about 30 minutes. We literally walked onto everything else, including Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain.

A real treat for MVMCP is the "Jingle Cruise." We enjoy the humor of the skippers on the Jungle Cruise, and this holiday version didn't disappoint. It does make the experience more fun if you play along with the jokes, even though they are corny.

We did not see Elsa "freeze" the castle, but it was gorgeous. We were able to stake out wonderful parade viewing spots near the Liberty Bell about 20 minutes before the Christmas parade started, and we really enjoyed the parade - especially the wooden soldiers. The fireworks were spectacular. We ended the evening strolling on Main Street with "snow" falling on us, which was truly magical.

Our only negative observation was the lack of Photopass photographers. Although there were the usual photographers on Main Street, there were hardly any elsewhere in the park - not even in their usual spots. It would have been nice to have had the opportunity for family pictures somewhere other than Main Street. I was glad I had not purchased Memory Maker.

We were able to ride and experience everything we wanted to in less than 6 hours, but this was not our first trip to the MK this year, and we have come often enough that we know how to tour the park efficiently. We enjoyed being able to tour at a slower pace and just walk onto rides and attractions with no waiting. This has spoiled us, and we may choose MVMCP in the future to tour the MK just to avoid the crowds.

Pros:

Small crowds, Jingle Cruise, Christmas parade & snow, little to no waiting for rides

Cons:

Not enough Photopass photographers

Reviewer: disneyhardin Review Date: 01/02/2015

We went to the first party in early November and really enjoyed it. This was our first Christmas Party. We arrived right at 4:00 and had some FPP to use between 4 and 7. We had dinner at Pecos Bill's about 5:00 and were ready for party events right at 7. We spent lots of the night standing in lines, but we got some great pictures. We met Minnie Mouse in her Christmas dress, Scrooge McDuck, and the Dwarves along with a ride of the 7DMT. The castle was beautiful, the special fireworks were great and the snow was mesmerizing. We really enjoyed the party and will most likely go again next year.

Pros:

Lots of fun

Cons:

Long Lines for Characters

Reviewer: kelhalmom Review Date: 12/23/2014

We attended our first MVMCP event Dec 7th. This was a Sunday. I will start by saying they were checking bands, and we did see people asked to leave.
We had a great time, even if my kids couldn't last the entire time. We left after the second parade, around 11 pm.
When we first came in we went o Jingle Cruise with a 25 min wait. We then went on Aladdin's Carpets with no wait. We got there at 4pm. After that we got Dole Whips then waited for the catle lighting show that stared at 6:15.
The highlight for my daughter was the castle lighting show with Frozen. We waited about 45 minutes so we could have a good spot but it was so worth it. We then did several more attractions with no wait. When can you walk right onto Dumbo, The Little Mermaid, and so much more?
We caught the pre show and holiday wishes, which were breath taking! We had no trouble finding a place to stand, and were right up front.
When it was time for the second parade my mom and step dad rode 7DMT with hardly any wait. 20 min. We went to meet Tinkerbelle then caught the parade. This go round there were plenty of places to stand and the parade didn't disappoint. It was the highlight of my night for sure! The parade characters interacted with my children, especially my 7yo, which made her feel super special.
We left right after bc my kids were beat and the baby had been asleep since about 9 in the stroller. We had no trouble catching the bus quickly to Pop.
I think it was a magical night. I'd do it again, and I'd recommend it IF you have been to the MK before or you have other days to go. It shouldn't be your one and only time to go bc you will not fit everything in!

Pros:

parade, attraction lines

Cons:

short time in MK, kids couldn't last til midnight

Reviewer: tcohen24 Review Date: 12/22/2014

We attended on 12/16/14.
This was out first MVMCP. My favorite part was the Christmas Parade . We attended the first parade which was very crowded and people were holding their spots on Main Street about an hour before. The parade itself was worth it. My children loved the snow on Main Street. The lighting of the castle was very pretty but we were too far back to actually see the show.
My girls wanted to meet Mickey and were able to do that with a 30 min wait which seemed the same on any given day.
It was very crowded. We were able to do the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train which was only a 40 min wait for Stand By which was less then what a normal day might be ( average stand by wait while we were there was 60-80mins) .
The meet and greets were crowded and the holiday dance parties were fun and less crowded.
I don't know if I would do it again for the price it cost it may not be worth it. Our children are 11 and 7 yrs old and couldn't stay up to midnight. I think if you do go , make sure you have a plan about what you really want to do while there.
The cast members were checking wrist bands and there were some people we saw who tried to avoid paying and were asked to leave.

Pros:

Snow on Main Street , Christmas Parade

Cons:

Crowds

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 12/20/2014

Our last time attending the party was 2012, and it was not a great experience, in part due to our own lack of planning. This year we attended on 12/18 and had a great time. The party was sold out but I didn't think the park felt crowded at all.

We entered early and did some rides before lining up to meet the Seven Dwarfs at 5:30pm. At that time, there were three groups ahead of us (one or two people each). The Dwarfs came out by 6:50 and we were on our way before 7. By 7:45 I had also met Snow White & Snow Prince and Aurora & Prince Philip, as well as Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyore.

After that we headed to Main Street for the 8pm castle lighting, which we viewed from the Liberty Square side of the hub. My only complaint is that better crowd control is needed in this area to help keep walkways open. Our view of the stage was slightly obstructed but we could see the castle itself just fine.

We proceeded to Pecos Bill for dinner around 8:15 and could see/hear much of the first parade as it passed by. Also stopped in for some cocoa (very good) and cookies (just okay) at Tortuga Tavern before heading to the Adventureland bridge to watch Celebrate the Magic and Holiday Wishes. Our view was clear, if not straight on, and the bridge remained fairly uncrowded. After the crowds dissipated we went to the stage to view Celebrate the Season at 10:05. This was a very cute show.

Then we went on to Liberty Square for the 10:30 parade. Unfortunately, the handicapped viewing area was already full and cast members were very unhelpful in assisting us. We ended up near the rope just by the Diamond Horseshoe with a pretty good view.

After the parade it was time for characters in Storybook Circus. I met Minnie and Santa Goofy with minimal wait and then Daisy, Donald, and Scrooge after about 20 minutes. Finally, I caught part of the Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show, which was not that great, and met my mom on Main Street. She was disappointed that the Confectionery closed promptly at 12, and went to get a snack in the Emporium, where there were long lines and not enough cashiers. After obtaining a few photopass pictures, we left around 12:15. There was no wait for the resort monorail at that time.

We definitely got our money's worth this time around, even with the elevated cost for this date. The only thing I wanted to do that we just didn't have time for was the Frontierland dance party. If you go in with a plan and try to avoid Main Street as much as possible, you'll have a great time!

Pros:

Special characters, parade, fireworks, shows

Cons:

Main Street crowd control

Reviewer: jdetrick Review Date: 12/13/2014

The night we went was sold out, and there were indeed a lot of people. However, that didn't mean the lines had long lines; wait times were half or less what they had been during the day. Still worth going to.