Reviews of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (Magic Kingdom)

The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a Holiday Partyland with special decorations. See the first snow fall of the season on Main Street, enjoy two performances of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade and enjoy hot chocolate and cookies.

Special admission ticket required.

FAQ: http://allears.net/tp/hol_mk.htm

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/30/2018

I haven't been to the party for a few years, we go to the halloween party and it has so much more to offer. I have to say the 2017 party was different. The free snacks were great this year. Before the cookies were the same at all the locations. This year there was a huge selections including pretzels and snow cones.

Pros:

Great fireworks good snacks cool evenings

Cons:

crowds were a little big

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

Love Christmas time in Disney and MVMCP

Pros:

Love the snow on main street, cookies, snow cones, snowman pretzels, dove chocolates, cocoa, apple juice , chocolate milk etc. Also love the short wait times on all rides.

Cons:

no cons

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Everyone in my family is super into X-MAS, I am a Halloween fan. However Disney does go all out for the X-MAS event. I do feel that there is more unique stuff to do for Halloween than X-MAS, X-MAS feels like a lot of the same things with a slightly different theming. The only issue I have with both parties is there a lot to do with little time and it's very very busy always.

Pros:

Great themeing and atmosphere

Cons:

Very busy and you can't do everything.

Reviewer: zel Review Date: 09/28/2018

I have attended this party a few times with my daughter and each time it has been different. The one thing that has been consistent though is the fact that people who have tickets for the day are allowed to stay and stay in line for rides for long past the start of the party. We went on a ride and were surprised that the rule is as long as you are in line by the start time of the party; which is 7pm; you can stay in line until you are able to reach the ride. This makes it pretty annoying to know that people who don't pay for the experience are able to stay and get in a ride line before it starts. Some lines; like the seven dwarfs mine train; will grow by double just before the party starts because the people in the know are aware of the rule. I wish they would make the cut off earlier so the park would be more enjoyable.

Pros:

lovely decorations; nice free food and treats

Cons:

too many people are able to stay

Reviewer: TLynch Review Date: 09/28/2018

Very Merry Christmas Party is a great after hours event. Disney is magical on any given day but this Party adds extra magic. My whole family loves it.

Pros:

Snow on Main Street, Character greetings, special attention to detail, puts you in the holiday spirit

Cons:

It seems over the years, Disney in an effort to make as much money as possible has increased the attendance limit at their special events. Last time we were there, it was so crowded it was not as enjoyable as times before that.

Reviewer: cmschn Review Date: 09/27/2018

I do not regret attending this party, but I now know that I would never do one of these types of parties again. MVMCP was the only time in our Disney trip where I saw people being really rude and terrible to each other. Other crowded moments fireworks/nighttime shows of the trip people were friendly and understanding. At MVMCP, people were so mean about defending their spots for shows, fireworks, and parades. Luckily my husband spent basically the whole party staked out in a spot, so we had a great spot. But the atmosphere was so tense that I knew I would not want to pay for a party again. I like happiness! Of course, the parade was amazing and no parade can ever compare to floats that smell like gingerbread and cookies. And my daughter loved dancing with the polar bears at the definitely not crowded dance party! But it’s definitely one and done for us.

Pros:

Amazing parade

Cons:

Angry, crowded atmosphere

Reviewer: Gingy160 Review Date: 12/06/2017

We decided that since we would be at WDW when the party was happening, we'd fork over the cash to experience it once. I did not feel that it was worth the money -- we had a great touring plan, but because of the crowd level we were unable to accomplish anything; and we were all so tired and frustrated by 8pm that we were done. We managed to stick around for a Totally Tomorrowland Christmas, a Frozen Holiday Wish, and the fireworks. My husband said that the fireworks alone were worth the money. I'm cheaper than he is, so although the fireworks *were* amazing I'm not so sure. We are glad we did it once, but we will not be doing it again.

Pros:

Um, the fireworks?

Cons:

Expensive, crowded

Reviewer: IanDLBZF Review Date: 03/12/2017

This was my and a friend of mine's first time attending MVMCP, and boy did we have fun! We went on December 16, 2016 which became sold out the morning of the party. Despite it being sold out, we had ourselves the time of our life. Crowds were not as bad as a regular day at MK, surprisingly enough. Tons of rare characters were out (Country Bears, Scrooge, Sandy Claws, Nick Wilde & Judy Hopps (which I actually meet!), just to name a few), and ride wait times were mostly lower than a regular day at MK. However, one thing is for sure, the castle lighting show was a mosh-pit like experience, but well ya know. On the other hand, we saw ZERO tour groups during MVMCP! Would I do MVMCP this year? Yes!

Pros:

Low wait times, snow on Main St, RARE Characters, Free Cookies and Cocoa

Cons:

Only one con, the mosh pit like experience following castle lighting show

Reviewer: AL Review Date: 12/05/2016

Worth every penny. Didn't watch any of the parade or fireworks, just jumped from attraction. Low lines, and for that, Worth Every Penny. Only way we were able to eat at Be Our Guest.

Pros:

LOW Lines, only way to ride the 7 Dwarves and eat at Be Our Guest

Cons:

Can't think of one.

Reviewer: John Review Date: 12/11/2015

We went to the Christmas Party in November 2015 and had a great time. The parade and fireworks are wonderful! The crowds were very low and cast members were very observant and diligent in reminding those who had not purchased a ticket that they would have to leave. Had not seen that before in the previous times we had attended. My grandchildren didn't have to wait very long to ride any ride. They rode Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Seven Dwarves Mine train several times.
Also they were able to get pictures with Characters that are not always available.

Pros:

Short Waits, Low Crowds, great Hot chocalate and cookies