Reviews of Rose and Crown Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Rose and Crown Dining Room Dining Location

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic, American
Read more about Rose and Crown including links to the menus here:

Full Service - Lunch/Dinner
United Kingdom - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 11/22/2017

My niece and I dined here on October 30 and we enjoyed our meal. Rose & Crown is a favorite of ours. We both tried something new: chicken curry for her and the Welsh pub burger for me. Both winners! We shared a sticky toffee pudding to end our meal. Our waitress Jane was sweet and very efficient. I think this restaurant is more reasonably priced than many others at Epcot and one of the most consistent with the quality of the food and service. It never disappoints and we'll be back!

Pros:

always good, love the atmosphere

Reviewed by DanInNH Review Date: 10/10/2017

Our server was Katherine (the great!). She was fantastic. Wish & hope she is there on our next trip next month - we will definitely ask for her. On top of that the food was fantastic. My wife always gets the fish and chips and she is always very happy. I have 4 meals I rotate and last week it was Sheppard's Pie turn. I think it was the best I had ever had in all the times I have had it. And what can you say about dessert. They are all good, so we got our favorite three and nibble some of each. All great. Every trip deserves a stop here for us!

Pros:

Server, Food quality

Cons:

zilch!

Reviewed by John Review Date: 05/08/2017

My wife and I have eaten several times at the Rose and Crown and always found the service and food to be excellent.
The last time we ate there my wife had the Potato Leek soup and I had the Scotch Egg for starters and they were both very good. Then we had the Shepherd's Pie which is excellent. For desert my wife had the warm fruit crumble which she said was very good.

Pros:

Good food and Service

Reviewed by Geri604 Review Date: 04/30/2017

We requested an outside table, and were in a little alcove on the middle tier, right off the beer garden/patio area. It was too tight of a fit for my mom to stay in her wheelchair, but once we got her seated, we were able to park the chair just outside the rope at the bottom of the walkway to the beer garden - out of everyone's way. I had the strip steak with green beans and Yorkshire pudding, and it was very good. My dad had the corned beef and cabbage, which is one of his favorites, and mom had the fish and chips. She really loved her meal - said the batter was just enough, the fish was nice and flaky, and it tasted great. For dessert I had the trifle, which is always great (strawberries, custard, and whipped cream - what's not to like???), and my mom had the sticky toffee pudding, which she liked, but said was a little too sweet for her.

Pros:

Food; server

Reviewed by Swin1989 Review Date: 04/30/2017

This is a must do on all our trips to DW. We ate here last on March 2, 2017. We always get the fish and chips. Delicious. We were seated outside during early evening around 6:30. They had clear curtains dropped around the outer openings which was nice as it was a little breezy and getting chilly.

Pros:

View, food, service

Reviewed by mg0914 Review Date: 01/11/2017

Had a very enjoyable lunch here on December 26. It was a perfect day weather-wise and we were seated almost immediately outside. My daughter had the chicken leeks pasty as an app and I had the scotch egg. We both loved them! For entrees I had the bangors and mash and my daughter the fish and chips. Plus I couldn't resist - I had to try the mushy peas as a side. It's exactly as it sounds. A thick pea soup almost. Everything was really good. Our waiter was terrific. Great meal!

Pros:

service, food, seating

Reviewed by Geri604 Review Date: 10/08/2016

I was disappointed that they had gotten rid of the corned beef sandwich, so I went with my old stand-by: steak. I was very pleasantly surprised by this. It was very flavorful and tender - one of the best steaks I've had. I'm not a big sauce person, and usually either ask to skip it, or get it on the side. This time I forgot, and was again surprised that it was just the right amount and didn't overpower the steak. The green beans that came as a side were perfectly done and very crisp. My dad had the corned beef and cabbage (I guess the replacement for the sandwich), and liked everything except the cabbage. We are used to having a boiled wedge of cabbage, but this was shredded like coleslaw. He said it was ok, just weird. My mom had the fish and chips, which is always done very nicely.

Pros:

The staff here is always very friendly and accommodating

Cons:

When they changed to the all-day menu, the got rid of the corned beef sandwich, which was a favorite

Reviewed by Florafan Review Date: 07/20/2016

7-17-16: What a wonderful experience. My husband and I desired to share an app and entree. We had a scotch egg and bangers and mash. Hubbie also enjoyed a sticky toffee pudding. We lived in Scotland for a time and boy this meal was authentic British cuisine. The service was beyond wonderful. Loved it from beginning to end.

Pros:

Great Food

Reviewed by Snemma Review Date: 06/30/2016

This is one of my families favorite experiences at Disney. We have been able to sit outside and watch Illuminations while finishing our dessert and tea. I had the masala ordered extra spicy. My kids got the burgers. We all enjoyed the food, especially the sticky toffee pudding. This is one dessert I refuse to share.

Pros:

Food and the opportuniy to watch Illuminations

Reviewed by rsfan Review Date: 06/20/2016

We ate here our last night in WDW. Waited about ten minutes past our reservation time. Server was excellent. DDs had the fish and chips which they devoured in no time. Wife had the masala; huge portion, not too spicy. I had the coronation salad, which was a disappointment. The previous frisee salad was much better. This was more like a serving of coleslaw. Main dish was the pub burger. I'm hypercritical of burgers but this one gets my approval. The patty is huge; the rarebit sauce is a nice change from a slice of cheese. I was skeptical about the fried leeks but they were delicious, especially when mixed with the rarebit. Easily the best burger I've had in WDW. The sticky toffe pudding was also a hit. We ate way too much.

Pros:

good food, variety, service

Cons:

can be noisy