Reviews of Rose and Crown Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Rose and Crown Dining Room Dining Location

Read more about Rose and Crown including links to the menus here:

Full Service - Lunch/Dinner
United Kingdom - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewer: Lanmon Review Date: 12/08/2016

We have been looking forward to dining here for several years and finally got the opportunity for lunch. It was very disappointing for our entire party. The only positive experience was being greeted with friendly hosts and servers. We requested inside sitting but sat outside overlooking umbrellas instead of the beautiful World Showcase. The drinks were just okay, not much liquor. The pot pies were served in bowls filled with hot mashed potatoes and very little stuffing. The food was very bland, not much flavor. The fish and sticks were cold. We will not return to the Rose and Crown...been there done that.

Pros:

Friendly server

Cons:

Bland food

Reviewer: Evanston Review Date: 04/25/2013

Visited here as a party of 7 on 17th April. Our reservation was for 7.20 but we didn't get seated until 7.50. Our table was outside and was facing the lagoon, a perfect view for the forthcoming fireworks! Our orders were taken promptly but unfortunately our food did not arrive until 8.45. 4 of our party had ordered steak, however when they came all were cold as though they had been sitting around for a while. We did not complain as we were all so hungry. 3 of our party ordered hot tea with their desserts and again when the tea arrived the water was cool. This used to be my favourite restaurant but after this visit, THe Rose and Crown is not one I will be rushing back to visit in future.

Pros:

View of illuminations

Cons:

Wait time for food

Reviewer: LucyKate0811 Review Date: 02/14/2014

We ate here on our final night in Disney World. My parents had eaten here 2 years ago and raved about the food, however, none of us had that experience this time. We were seated about 30 minutes after we checked in for our ADR. Menu choices are very limited, I settled on the steak and it was average. My husband and mother ordered the fish and chips, both felt they were very salty. Dessert was a tasty surprise, as when we were presented the menu no one was sure what to order. The highlight of the meal was the alcoholic beverages with the glow cubes… Our server was very kind and helpful, however, the food definitely marred the experience.

Pros:

The adult beverages

Cons:

Food choices, food in general

Reviewer: KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

This used to be our Epcot Go To Restaurant. My girls have put it on a very rare never again list. The one person who got the fish said it was good as it ever was. The girls had the shepherds pie which came out stone cold and I had the Cabbage and Corned Beef. The cabbage looked sad and wilted and tasted the same. It was tough and just bad. I have read that they recently got a new manager and so far his changes are not for the good of the place.

Pros:

The fish

Cons:

Bad service and the worst corned beef in the world

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 01/22/2019

We ate here 1/16/2019. We were at WDW for the Marathon. We have eaten here every time we come to Disney World and it has been our favorite until this time. They no longer offer the fish & steak so we opted to get the fish & chips, being a table service we expected a good portion, we were let down with only 1 piece of fish. We could have gone next door to the quick service and received the same amount of food for less and the same quality. The cheese tray has been our favorite appetizer to enjoy while looking out over the world showcase lagoon; they have changed up the cheese tray and it was not anywhere as good as before. Sadly disappointed in the food and experience and we will not be dining here again unless it improves greatly.

Pros:

Location on the patio overlooking world showcase lagoon

Cons:

food portion and taste

Reviewer: Susan Kowalski Review Date: 09/26/2018

This restaurant has a really fun atmosphere. I ordered the cheese plate for my appetizer - it was delicious. I then chose the baked fish and chips for my entrée. I was concerned when The Fish came out looking a little under done, and sure enough, a quarter of the fish was not cooked through. I was disappointed when I told my waitress and she said she would tell the chef but she never even offered an apology. I also ordered the gluten-free dessert - a scone with berries and cream. I thought the scone was lacking in flavor. I don't think I would order it again.

Pros:

Great location to view the show from.

Cons:

Food was not so great.

Reviewer: wattage Review Date: 02/18/2014

My wife, 14yo daughter and I ate dinner here on Friday, February 14, 2014. We had a 5:40 reservation and we checked in at 5:30pm. We had about a twenty minute wait before we were seated on the covered outdoor patio with great water views. All three of us got the fish and chips for our main meal. We did not get any appetizers.

The fish & chips meal was $19.99 each, and was very similar to what you get at the Yorkshire Fish Shop for $9.00 – which was only about 25% less food than what we were served and R&C. I was able to finish the large piece of fish that was presented, but my wife and daughter could not finish their meals – they said it was too greasy for them to eat.

While the view and our server were very good, I think we’ll stick to getting our fish and chips from the Yorkshire Fish Shop. We’ll not be back.

Pros:

Location, Service

Cons:

Food Quality

Reviewer: againandagain Review Date: 02/12/2014

On a recent trip we thought we would try this restaurant. We arrived 15 minutes early and were seated at our reservation time. I got the steak and my wife got Fish and Chips. Both were good but the price was a little high for what we got. However, here is where my gripe is. The whole meal took 3 hrs. Wow were they slow. Since the food was just ok, I probably will not go back again.

Pros:

took way to long

Cons:

Food was good

Reviewer: dsnyak5 Review Date: 10/28/2013

A friend and I were attending the Food and Wine Festival, and made an ADR here for dinner on 10-14. We were seated promptly, at an outdoor table on the patio with a great view of the World Showcase. The service was great. We have eaten here many times, and were surprised at how "Indian" the menu had become. I got my usual fish and chips and my friend got the trout. I got one thin filet, and it was quite disappointing. What fish was there, was just mush. No flavor or body to it at all. The trout, while nicely presented on the plate, consisted of two, VERY thin, approx. 3" squares of fish on a few roasted veggies. We will be skipping this place in the future unless there is a serious menu change.

Pros:

Beuatiful View & Great Service

Cons:

Food Portion & Quality

Reviewer: maze4 Review Date: 06/18/2016

Ate here 5/21 asked for deck seating to watch Illuminations. Only had to wait 5 min. This is dh favorite restaurant and we eat here every time we visit. This is only the second time we were able to be seated water front and it was beautiful. We were on dp so we knew we could sub dessert for soup. All ordered the potato leek soup which was awesome. All ordered fish and chips. The food took longer than expected and came just as Illuminations started. (We had waited almost an hour for our food.) The restaurant was not busy at all which is unusual. My ds17 loves the unsweet tea which is Twinings Lady Grey. be aware it does have a different taste than normal black tea that is served elsewhere in the parks. I have to buy this at home and their is only 1 store that sells it. He says it reminds him of Disney. Illuminations didn't disappoint however, two little girls came running down right next to our table to watch the show which I didn't mind at first but then they would scream and was waiving this blinking light up wands in our faces almost hitting us. The couple next to us was getting irritated because they were trying to enjoy the show and couldn't because of these two kids. I looked around to see where the parents were and didn't see anyone around. The final straw was when one of the girls who had to be around 9yrs old told my dd7 to move that she was in their way. Excuse me. This was our table and I had to bite my tongue not to say something. But I noticed on this trip that also of children were left unattended more times that not and in todays society I don't think this is a good thing. The fish was greasy and there was more breading than fish. The only thing I enjoyed was the soup. I will try to talk my dh out of eating here again when we return in sept.

Pros:

viewing Illuminations, atmosphere

Cons:

greasy food