Reviews of Rose and Crown Lunch/Dinner

Read more about Rose and Crown including links to the menus here:

Full Service - Lunch/Dinner
United Kingdom - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewer: SCOTTMOP Review Date: 08/27/2018

Enjoyed our meal here on 8/22. I got the Fish and chips and wife and daughter got the Shepards Pie. Both dishes very tasty but the portion sizes were not great. The Fish and chips used to come with Peas and the Fish piece was larger. If not on dining plan I probably would have a different opinion. Again the food tasted really good and the desert was yummy. I got the candy bar and wife and daughter got the strawberry yogurt dessert. Both yummy. Server was excellent.

Pros:

food and theme

Cons:

need larger portions

Reviewer: Robbmsu Review Date: 07/25/2018

We eat here as often as possible when we visit EPCOT. The food has always been very good, but I was a little, no very upset last visit as they removed the steak from the menu. This was my favorite dish I hope they bring it back.

Pros:

Service, very friendly staff

Reviewer: KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

This used to be our Epcot Go To Restaurant. My girls have put it on a very rare never again list. The one person who got the fish said it was good as it ever was. The girls had the shepherds pie which came out stone cold and I had the Cabbage and Corned Beef. The cabbage looked sad and wilted and tasted the same. It was tough and just bad. I have read that they recently got a new manager and so far his changes are not for the good of the place.

Pros:

The fish

Cons:

Bad service and the worst corned beef in the world

Reviewer: Gingy160 Review Date: 12/06/2017

We love the Rose & Crown! It's always good food (two words: Scotch. Egg.), it's always a great staff. It is fairly noisy in there, but that lends some authenticity to the experience of an English pub.

Pros:

Fun, good food

Cons:

Noisy

Reviewer: disneydiner Review Date: 11/22/2017

My niece and I dined here on October 30 and we enjoyed our meal. Rose & Crown is a favorite of ours. We both tried something new: chicken curry for her and the Welsh pub burger for me. Both winners! We shared a sticky toffee pudding to end our meal. Our waitress Jane was sweet and very efficient. I think this restaurant is more reasonably priced than many others at Epcot and one of the most consistent with the quality of the food and service. It never disappoints and we'll be back!

Pros:

always good, love the atmosphere

Reviewer: DaninNH Review Date: 10/10/2017

Our server was Katherine (the great!). She was fantastic. Wish & hope she is there on our next trip next month - we will definitely ask for her. On top of that the food was fantastic. My wife always gets the fish and chips and she is always very happy. I have 4 meals I rotate and last week it was Sheppard's Pie turn. I think it was the best I had ever had in all the times I have had it. And what can you say about dessert. They are all good, so we got our favorite three and nibble some of each. All great. Every trip deserves a stop here for us!

Pros:

Server, Food quality

Cons:

zilch!

Reviewer: John Review Date: 05/08/2017

My wife and I have eaten several times at the Rose and Crown and always found the service and food to be excellent.
The last time we ate there my wife had the Potato Leek soup and I had the Scotch Egg for starters and they were both very good. Then we had the Shepherd's Pie which is excellent. For desert my wife had the warm fruit crumble which she said was very good.

Pros:

Good food and Service

Reviewer: Geri604 Review Date: 04/30/2017

We requested an outside table, and were in a little alcove on the middle tier, right off the beer garden/patio area. It was too tight of a fit for my mom to stay in her wheelchair, but once we got her seated, we were able to park the chair just outside the rope at the bottom of the walkway to the beer garden - out of everyone's way. I had the strip steak with green beans and Yorkshire pudding, and it was very good. My dad had the corned beef and cabbage, which is one of his favorites, and mom had the fish and chips. She really loved her meal - said the batter was just enough, the fish was nice and flaky, and it tasted great. For dessert I had the trifle, which is always great (strawberries, custard, and whipped cream - what's not to like???), and my mom had the sticky toffee pudding, which she liked, but said was a little too sweet for her.

Pros:

Food; server

Reviewer: Swin1989 Review Date: 04/30/2017

This is a must do on all our trips to DW. We ate here last on March 2, 2017. We always get the fish and chips. Delicious. We were seated outside during early evening around 6:30. They had clear curtains dropped around the outer openings which was nice as it was a little breezy and getting chilly.

Pros:

View, food, service

Cons:

Reviewer: mg0914 Review Date: 01/11/2017

Had a very enjoyable lunch here on December 26. It was a perfect day weather-wise and we were seated almost immediately outside. My daughter had the chicken leeks pasty as an app and I had the scotch egg. We both loved them! For entrees I had the bangors and mash and my daughter the fish and chips. Plus I couldn't resist - I had to try the mushy peas as a side. It's exactly as it sounds. A thick pea soup almost. Everything was really good. Our waiter was terrific. Great meal!

Pros:

service, food, seating