Reviews of Rose and Crown Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Rose and Crown Dining Room Dining Location

Read more about Rose and Crown including links to the menus here:

Full Service - Lunch/Dinner
United Kingdom - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 01/22/2019

We ate here 1/16/2019. We were at WDW for the Marathon. We have eaten here every time we come to Disney World and it has been our favorite until this time. They no longer offer the fish & steak so we opted to get the fish & chips, being a table service we expected a good portion, we were let down with only 1 piece of fish. We could have gone next door to the quick service and received the same amount of food for less and the same quality. The cheese tray has been our favorite appetizer to enjoy while looking out over the world showcase lagoon; they have changed up the cheese tray and it was not anywhere as good as before. Sadly disappointed in the food and experience and we will not be dining here again unless it improves greatly.

Pros:

Location on the patio overlooking world showcase lagoon

Cons:

food portion and taste

Reviewer: Susan Kowalski Review Date: 09/26/2018

This restaurant has a really fun atmosphere. I ordered the cheese plate for my appetizer - it was delicious. I then chose the baked fish and chips for my entrée. I was concerned when The Fish came out looking a little under done, and sure enough, a quarter of the fish was not cooked through. I was disappointed when I told my waitress and she said she would tell the chef but she never even offered an apology. I also ordered the gluten-free dessert - a scone with berries and cream. I thought the scone was lacking in flavor. I don't think I would order it again.

Pros:

Great location to view the show from.

Cons:

Food was not so great.

Reviewer: KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

This used to be our Epcot Go To Restaurant. My girls have put it on a very rare never again list. The one person who got the fish said it was good as it ever was. The girls had the shepherds pie which came out stone cold and I had the Cabbage and Corned Beef. The cabbage looked sad and wilted and tasted the same. It was tough and just bad. I have read that they recently got a new manager and so far his changes are not for the good of the place.

Pros:

The fish

Cons:

Bad service and the worst corned beef in the world

Reviewer: Lanmon Review Date: 12/08/2016

We have been looking forward to dining here for several years and finally got the opportunity for lunch. It was very disappointing for our entire party. The only positive experience was being greeted with friendly hosts and servers. We requested inside sitting but sat outside overlooking umbrellas instead of the beautiful World Showcase. The drinks were just okay, not much liquor. The pot pies were served in bowls filled with hot mashed potatoes and very little stuffing. The food was very bland, not much flavor. The fish and sticks were cold. We will not return to the Rose and Crown...been there done that.

Pros:

Friendly server

Cons:

Bland food

Reviewer: LucyKate0811 Review Date: 02/14/2014

We ate here on our final night in Disney World. My parents had eaten here 2 years ago and raved about the food, however, none of us had that experience this time. We were seated about 30 minutes after we checked in for our ADR. Menu choices are very limited, I settled on the steak and it was average. My husband and mother ordered the fish and chips, both felt they were very salty. Dessert was a tasty surprise, as when we were presented the menu no one was sure what to order. The highlight of the meal was the alcoholic beverages with the glow cubes… Our server was very kind and helpful, however, the food definitely marred the experience.

Pros:

The adult beverages

Cons:

Food choices, food in general

Reviewer: againandagain Review Date: 02/12/2014

On a recent trip we thought we would try this restaurant. We arrived 15 minutes early and were seated at our reservation time. I got the steak and my wife got Fish and Chips. Both were good but the price was a little high for what we got. However, here is where my gripe is. The whole meal took 3 hrs. Wow were they slow. Since the food was just ok, I probably will not go back again.

Pros:

took way to long

Cons:

Food was good

Reviewer: Evanston Review Date: 04/25/2013

Visited here as a party of 7 on 17th April. Our reservation was for 7.20 but we didn't get seated until 7.50. Our table was outside and was facing the lagoon, a perfect view for the forthcoming fireworks! Our orders were taken promptly but unfortunately our food did not arrive until 8.45. 4 of our party had ordered steak, however when they came all were cold as though they had been sitting around for a while. We did not complain as we were all so hungry. 3 of our party ordered hot tea with their desserts and again when the tea arrived the water was cool. This used to be my favourite restaurant but after this visit, THe Rose and Crown is not one I will be rushing back to visit in future.

Pros:

View of illuminations

Cons:

Wait time for food

Reviewer: ADJ Review Date: 02/16/2019

We got lucky and snagged a table here for dinner without a reservation! My mobility-impaired mother could not go down the steps to sit on the lower deck, so they switched us to a table in the main dining room. I had the Vegan Bangers & Mash (not on the menu, but apparently they have it available as a regular thing). Mom had a child's portion of fish and chips. The Bangers & Mash was awesome!! It had two Beyond Meat sausage links and a generous portion of mashed potatoes, plus a dark mushroom sauce/gravy that was a tad sweet and tangy. The whole thing was very good. Mom liked her fish and chips; she would like to have had cocktail sauce for the fish but they did not have any. It was "real" fish, not the cheap junk. The child's portion was just right for her. The interior of the restaurant is very pub-like, all in dark woods and gentle lighting. The service at this restaurant is always gracious and friendly.

Pros:

Awesome vegetarian/vegan options here!

Reviewer: HunterBill Review Date: 01/15/2019

Had dinner here to watch Illuminations. Had a great seat and a wonderful time. This turned out to be a favorite meal. Both my culinary school graduate son and my healthy eater on vacation son consider this to be their favorite meal. I want to make a special note to our server, Elle, who was the best we encountered on vacation. She was incredibly helpful with finding something my daughter could eat and didn't charge me for a wonderful cup of tea as it started to get cold.

Pros:

Service and wonderful food

Cons:

Limited gluten free menu.

Reviewer: Gingy160 Review Date: 01/08/2019

This has become a must-do for us. We visited in October 2018, on a rainy, miserable Friday night during the the Food and Wine Festival, which we were not attending. We had accomplished everything we wanted to do, were exhausted, had already decided to skip Illuminations because of the torrential and ceaseless rain, and showed up to the kiosk 45 minutes early for our ADR. They were understanding and most accommodating, seating us almost immediately. My son didn't want the appetizer that came with his meal, so our waitress gifted us a third Scotch Egg saying that an appetizer is an appetizer, who cares if he was supposed to get a fruit cup. Awesome. I had the braised short ribs and they were absolutely delicious. This is a must do restaurant every time we go to WDW!!

Pros:

*Wonderful* staff, delicious food, feels like a real English pub.

Cons:

Feels like a real English pub ... LOL.