Reviews of Tusker House Character Breakfast

View Menus at Tusker House Restaurant Dining Location

Read more about Tusker House here, including a link to the menu :http://allears.net/dining/location/tusker-house-restaurant

Donald's Safari Breakfast

Reviewer: Colleen Review Date: 09/30/2018

This is our favorite character breakfast. The food here is excellent - a good variety of the standards and interesting African dishes - and the juice is delicious. The characters - Mickey, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy- are fun. The only problem we had was last time we sat down as Mickey was finishing up in our room, and we ended up not waiting for him to come back. At one point they passed out instruments for the kids to have a parade. The servers were very attentive and took good care of us. Very fun and yummy meal.

Pros:

Delicious food with lots of interesting choices

Cons:

A little crowded in the dining area

Reviewer: Thea Review Date: 09/27/2018

Be careful of booking a late breakfast. We like to rope drop and then schedule a late breakfast in the 10:00/10:30 range. We had a 10:30 for Tusker House and showed up about 10:20 to check in. It took 10 minutes just to get through the check-in line. We then received the light-up coaster pager. 40 minutes later, out pager finally went off. I was concerned there would be no breakfast foods left, but they were still serving. Our server was nice and we enjoyed the foods and character interactions. But, then the tab arrived. We were charged the lunch rate instead of the breakfast rate, so that took even more time to get settled. We would return for the food and experience, but perhaps not so late in the morning.

Pros:

Food and characters

Cons:

slow check-in and long waits

Reviewer: CustodialQueen Review Date: 09/25/2018

Hands down the best breakfast buffet on property. This place is SO DELICIOUS. Themed like an African lodge, it has a huge atrium where the buffet is. There was so much good food. There is a perfect blend of African and American offerings.

The reason I give this restaurant an extra thumbs up is due to its Gluten-Free offerings. If you are Celiac or gluten sensitive, this place is AWESOME. The chef will walk you around to show you what you CAN have...and it\\'s quite a bit of food. There was also an entire Udy\\'s display sitting off on its own with GF muffins, bread, donuts, etc. This was the only buffet during my visit that had something like this.

The characters are of course a must as well - they are all in their safari gear and look adorable as usual. Expect to meet the Fab Five.

Pros:

Great FOOD, fantastic Gluten-Free options, characters in safari-attire

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 09/15/2018

We ate here for lunch on Sunday, 9/2/18, as part of the Rivers of Light package. Our reservation was at 11:20am and I switched it just a few days before our trip began from breakfast to lunch. I've eaten here twice before for breakfast and I think that's the better option. The food here was good but I honestly can't remember much of what I ate. I know there was a strawberry cake of some kind that was good. We didn't get photos or autographs with the characters here since I have some from my last few trips, and they were fine to wave, blow a kiss, and move on.

We hit the switch between breakfast and lunch so did get to eat some of the breakfast foods too, which was nice. We enjoyed Rivers of Light and were glad we had the reserved seating for it because I didn't want to use a Fastpass. The Tiffins menu didn't appeal to us at all. I'd dine here again but will stick with breakfast in the future.

Pros:

Rivers of Light seating with more "family friendly" food options than Tiffins

Cons:

Food not particularly memorable

Reviewer: Scrapping in Ontario Review Date: 02/12/2018

This is a great location for a character meal. Food was hot with a nice variety of food options.

Pros:

Interesting food options

Reviewer: clyde0523 Review Date: 06/11/2017

Our previous trip to Tusker house was kind of blah, so we were not looking forward to this meal. But the options in AK are limited so we opted for a character breakfast here. It was amazing!! The tables were not as close together as they had been on our previous trip and the food was delicious and plentiful. We never had to ask for more drinks as our waiter kept our cups filled and the characters took their time with us and interacted well with the kids. This was one of the highlights of our trip!

Pros:

food, characters, service, atmosphere

Reviewer: Swin1989 Review Date: 04/30/2017

We made reservations here with the goal of gaining access to the park before everyone else. Mission accomplished. It took a little doing to find the right cast member at the gate but all of the ones we talked to were very helpful. It was wonderful being able to see the tree of life without a massive crowd and just take a leisurely walk to the restaurant. The food was great. Character interactions were great. It's just my DH and I so they typically don't spend a ton of time at our table but that's fine with us. Quick picture and a hand shake are good. We ate here on March 3, 2017. Very enjoyable.

Pros:

food, characters, atmosphere

Reviewer: mommom Review Date: 01/16/2017

the children had a great experience and the food was very good. Chef took our person with an allergy up to buffet and told her what she could have and then made her a special platter.

character interaction was fantastic.

our server gave us alot of good information about the dishes.

had a great time. they stop taking the pictures outside the restaurant.

Pros:

everything

Reviewer: pwood78 Review Date: 10/10/2016

We had dinner at Tusker House on September 29, 2016.

We had a long day and arrived early (1 hour) and decided to check in and just sit outside to relax and wait, we were seated right away.

I didn't get our waitress' name, but she was excellent. She was helpful in telling us about food, keeping our drinks filled up and being patient with my sons who were making a nice big mess. We left a cup behind at our table and she chased out into the park to return it.

The food was delicious, I was a little "iffy" about it, but it was all very yummy.

The characters were all fun and took their time, except Goofy. He stopped by and played for a second, didn't take pictures and left.

I liked that it wasn't the typical buffet food. Variety and delicious.

Pros:

Characters and Food

Cons:

Goofy was a little rushed

Reviewer: TeacherGrandma Review Date: 08/08/2016

We had breakfast here for the first time last week, and now it's on our Top Ten list! All the selections that we tried were great. We had a 10:45 reservation, so it would span both breakfast and lunch. Once the lunch items began to appear, the breakfast selections quickly disappeared. We would have liked access to breakfast for a longer time.

Pros:

Delicious fresh choices

Cons:

Breakfast options disappear quickly as lunch items appear