Reviews of Tusker House Character Breakfast

View Menus at Tusker House Restaurant Dining Location

Breakfast Menu

Cuisines: American, Other/Ethnic, African
Read more about Tusker House here, including a link to the menu :http://allears.net/dining/location/tusker-house-restaurant

Donald's Safari Breakfast

Reviewed by SarahB4 Review Date: 04/19/2019

Great way to meet characters and have a decent meal. Not the best food I've ever had, but certainly not the worst.

Pros:

characters

Cons:

expensive

Reviewed by ret1958 Review Date: 04/18/2019

After several trips to WDW my husband and I decided to finally do some character meals this trip. This was one of them. We enjoyed the interaction with the characters. We took the tip to schedule at the time between breakfast ending and lunch beginning so we could sample both! we did not have to wait long to be seated. Everyone was very pleasant. My husband wants to go again! BTW, we are retired and 60!

Pros:

Great food and character interaction

Cons:

Some guests, as usual and Disney has no control of them, seemed to think they were only ones there! But can't let that ruin your experience!

Reviewed by Louise Review Date: 04/18/2019

Very good assortment of food, characters very good and waitress excellent. Late breakfast coincides with lunch choices, which is an added bonus.

Pros:

Fun and good food.

Cons:

A little noisy - not a relaxing meal.

Reviewed by Dgirl Review Date: 04/17/2019

A must for breakfast!

Pros:

Cons:

No cons

Reviewed by tillch2 Review Date: 04/17/2019

We eat here everytime we go to WDW. The food is always fresh and plentiful and something for everyone. The service is good and the characters were right on time. Didn't have to wait on anyone. We usually do first thing in am so we are into the park on park opening.

Pros:

Food and Service

Reviewed by Colleen Review Date: 09/30/2018

This is our favorite character breakfast. The food here is excellent - a good variety of the standards and interesting African dishes - and the juice is delicious. The characters - Mickey, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy- are fun. The only problem we had was last time we sat down as Mickey was finishing up in our room, and we ended up not waiting for him to come back. At one point they passed out instruments for the kids to have a parade. The servers were very attentive and took good care of us. Very fun and yummy meal.

Pros:

Delicious food with lots of interesting choices

Cons:

A little crowded in the dining area

Reviewed by Thea Review Date: 09/27/2018

Be careful of booking a late breakfast. We like to rope drop and then schedule a late breakfast in the 10:00/10:30 range. We had a 10:30 for Tusker House and showed up about 10:20 to check in. It took 10 minutes just to get through the check-in line. We then received the light-up coaster pager. 40 minutes later, out pager finally went off. I was concerned there would be no breakfast foods left, but they were still serving. Our server was nice and we enjoyed the foods and character interactions. But, then the tab arrived. We were charged the lunch rate instead of the breakfast rate, so that took even more time to get settled. We would return for the food and experience, but perhaps not so late in the morning.

Pros:

Food and characters

Cons:

slow check-in and long waits

Reviewed by CustodialQueen Review Date: 09/25/2018

Hands down the best breakfast buffet on property. This place is SO DELICIOUS. Themed like an African lodge, it has a huge atrium where the buffet is. There was so much good food. There is a perfect blend of African and American offerings.

The reason I give this restaurant an extra thumbs up is due to its Gluten-Free offerings. If you are Celiac or gluten sensitive, this place is AWESOME. The chef will walk you around to show you what you CAN have...and it\\'s quite a bit of food. There was also an entire Udy\\'s display sitting off on its own with GF muffins, bread, donuts, etc. This was the only buffet during my visit that had something like this.

The characters are of course a must as well - they are all in their safari gear and look adorable as usual. Expect to meet the Fab Five.

Pros:

Great FOOD, fantastic Gluten-Free options, characters in safari-attire

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 09/15/2018

We ate here for lunch on Sunday, 9/2/18, as part of the Rivers of Light package. Our reservation was at 11:20am and I switched it just a few days before our trip began from breakfast to lunch. I've eaten here twice before for breakfast and I think that's the better option. The food here was good but I honestly can't remember much of what I ate. I know there was a strawberry cake of some kind that was good. We didn't get photos or autographs with the characters here since I have some from my last few trips, and they were fine to wave, blow a kiss, and move on.

We hit the switch between breakfast and lunch so did get to eat some of the breakfast foods too, which was nice. We enjoyed Rivers of Light and were glad we had the reserved seating for it because I didn't want to use a Fastpass. The Tiffins menu didn't appeal to us at all. I'd dine here again but will stick with breakfast in the future.

Pros:

Rivers of Light seating with more "family friendly" food options than Tiffins

Cons:

Food not particularly memorable

Reviewed by Scrapping in Ontario Review Date: 02/12/2018

This is a great location for a character meal. Food was hot with a nice variety of food options.

Pros:

Interesting food options

Cons:

—

Other topics in Animal Kingdom