Reviews of Rose and Crown Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Rose and Crown Dining Room Dining Location

Read more about Rose and Crown including links to the menus here:

Full Service - Lunch/Dinner
United Kingdom - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewer: Gingy160 Review Date: 01/08/2019

This has become a must-do for us. We visited in October 2018, on a rainy, miserable Friday night during the the Food and Wine Festival, which we were not attending. We had accomplished everything we wanted to do, were exhausted, had already decided to skip Illuminations because of the torrential and ceaseless rain, and showed up to the kiosk 45 minutes early for our ADR. They were understanding and most accommodating, seating us almost immediately. My son didn't want the appetizer that came with his meal, so our waitress gifted us a third Scotch Egg saying that an appetizer is an appetizer, who cares if he was supposed to get a fruit cup. Awesome. I had the braised short ribs and they were absolutely delicious. This is a must do restaurant every time we go to WDW!!

Pros:

*Wonderful* staff, delicious food, feels like a real English pub.

Cons:

Feels like a real English pub ... LOL.

Reviewer: disneydiner Review Date: 11/07/2018

The Tea Experience at Rose Crown was lovely. We enjoyed 5 teas, 4 sandwiches and scones and cream and jam. We left with a bag of the teas we sampled. I'd do this again!

Pros:

Interesting commentary by hostess and chef, portions just right, clotted cream!

Reviewer: disneydiner Review Date: 11/22/2017

My niece and I dined here on October 30 and we enjoyed our meal. Rose & Crown is a favorite of ours. We both tried something new: chicken curry for her and the Welsh pub burger for me. Both winners! We shared a sticky toffee pudding to end our meal. Our waitress Jane was sweet and very efficient. I think this restaurant is more reasonably priced than many others at Epcot and one of the most consistent with the quality of the food and service. It never disappoints and we'll be back!

Pros:

always good, love the atmosphere

Reviewer: DanInNH Review Date: 10/10/2017

Our server was Katherine (the great!). She was fantastic. Wish & hope she is there on our next trip next month - we will definitely ask for her. On top of that the food was fantastic. My wife always gets the fish and chips and she is always very happy. I have 4 meals I rotate and last week it was Sheppard's Pie turn. I think it was the best I had ever had in all the times I have had it. And what can you say about dessert. They are all good, so we got our favorite three and nibble some of each. All great. Every trip deserves a stop here for us!

Pros:

Server, Food quality

Cons:

zilch!

Reviewer: John Review Date: 05/08/2017

My wife and I have eaten several times at the Rose and Crown and always found the service and food to be excellent.
The last time we ate there my wife had the Potato Leek soup and I had the Scotch Egg for starters and they were both very good. Then we had the Shepherd's Pie which is excellent. For desert my wife had the warm fruit crumble which she said was very good.

Pros:

Good food and Service

Reviewer: Geri604 Review Date: 04/30/2017

We requested an outside table, and were in a little alcove on the middle tier, right off the beer garden/patio area. It was too tight of a fit for my mom to stay in her wheelchair, but once we got her seated, we were able to park the chair just outside the rope at the bottom of the walkway to the beer garden - out of everyone's way. I had the strip steak with green beans and Yorkshire pudding, and it was very good. My dad had the corned beef and cabbage, which is one of his favorites, and mom had the fish and chips. She really loved her meal - said the batter was just enough, the fish was nice and flaky, and it tasted great. For dessert I had the trifle, which is always great (strawberries, custard, and whipped cream - what's not to like???), and my mom had the sticky toffee pudding, which she liked, but said was a little too sweet for her.

Pros:

Food; server

Reviewer: Swin1989 Review Date: 04/30/2017

This is a must do on all our trips to DW. We ate here last on March 2, 2017. We always get the fish and chips. Delicious. We were seated outside during early evening around 6:30. They had clear curtains dropped around the outer openings which was nice as it was a little breezy and getting chilly.

Pros:

View, food, service

Reviewer: mg0914 Review Date: 01/11/2017

Had a very enjoyable lunch here on December 26. It was a perfect day weather-wise and we were seated almost immediately outside. My daughter had the chicken leeks pasty as an app and I had the scotch egg. We both loved them! For entrees I had the bangors and mash and my daughter the fish and chips. Plus I couldn't resist - I had to try the mushy peas as a side. It's exactly as it sounds. A thick pea soup almost. Everything was really good. Our waiter was terrific. Great meal!

Pros:

service, food, seating

Reviewer: Snemma Review Date: 06/30/2016

This is one of my families favorite experiences at Disney. We have been able to sit outside and watch Illuminations while finishing our dessert and tea. I had the masala ordered extra spicy. My kids got the burgers. We all enjoyed the food, especially the sticky toffee pudding. This is one dessert I refuse to share.

Pros:

Food and the opportuniy to watch Illuminations

Reviewer: Swin1989 Review Date: 05/14/2016

We ate here for lunch on April 25, 2016. We were seated outside and the view was very beautiful. Our waitress was great. We both ordered the fish and chips and enjoyed it very much. We've eaten here several times in the past and always return ordering the same thing. If you are in the mood for some great fish, this is the place.